ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody here like...The Who??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 8th, 2005 11:53 AM
Jair Now that all is said & done, please Joy-Joey, what records should I buy at the first?

Many thanks anyone all those suggestions, but Joey, well, you know...

November 8th, 2005 11:57 AM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:
Now that all is said & done, please Joy-Joey, what records should I buy at the first?

Many thanks anyone all those suggestions, but Joey, well, you know...

1. Who's Next
2. Quadrophenia
3. Live at Leeds
4. Tommy
5. Who Are You
November 8th, 2005 11:59 AM
Jair
quote:
Joey wrote:

1. Who's Next
2. Quadrophenia
3. Live at Leeds
4. Tommy
5. Who Are You

Many thanks, Joy-Joey!
You're much beloved by The Jair

November 8th, 2005 01:43 PM
Jumping Jack Who's Next Deluxe with the Young Vic performance and Live at Leeds Deluxe with Tommy must be purchased together because both are MUST HAVES and to favor one over the other is sacrilege.

Package rate here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008LOS1/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/104-7024149-1061562?v=glance&s=music&st=*

You must not disappoint The Joey!!!
November 8th, 2005 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Who's Next Deluxe with the Young Vic performance and Live at Leeds Deluxe with Tommy must be purchased together because both are MUST HAVES and to favor one over the other is sacrilege.

Package rate here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008LOS1/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/104-7024149-1061562?v=glance&s=music&st=*

You must not disappoint The Joey!!!

Thanks For the Link Jumping Jack !!!!!!

.....you are truly a wealth of knowledge ( WHO STYLE )
November 8th, 2005 04:26 PM
Neocon Yes, I know. I know the album was based on the 4 personalities of the who. But I still don't like that songs and I don't like Love, reign or Me. I will check my spelling more closely. "All apologies," now I'll go shoot myself. Now how do you feel you sensitive little fuckers....? Lol.

quote:
Joey wrote:
"Bell Boy" is one of my fav songs of all-time by any artist. A beautiful, haunting song about alienation, brilliantly articulated by that clown who's laughing on the outside and crying on the inside, Keith Moon.

But then, such subtleties are way above the head of most rock music listeners. "

Amen !!! .. Well said -- " Bell Boy " Rocks !!!!!

Keith's beautiful voice is finally captured on vinyl :

" Some nights I still sleep on the beach.
Remember when stars were in reach.
Then I wander in early to work,
Spend the day licking boots for my perks. "

http://www.thewho.net/discography/songs/BellBoy.html

Flacky

November 8th, 2005 05:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:

Many thanks, Joy-Joey!

And Jair ................................

...you are much loved by The Joey !

Joeykins !

November 8th, 2005 07:35 PM
tumbling dice
I don´t like. I hate Roger Daltrey.
November 8th, 2005 09:53 PM
Bloozehound I need to add some of those Time Life books to my library, any of you Who geeks know if Daltreys still pimping those book collections for them, if so, I need to get his phone number so I can order some, pronto!

TIA
November 9th, 2005 09:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I need to add some of those Time Life books to my library, any of you Who geeks know if Daltreys still pimping those book collections for them, if so, I need to get his phone number so I can order some, pronto!

TIA

You shall NOT be greeted !!!!!

|
|
|
V

November 10th, 2005 07:01 AM
Jair [quote]Jair wrote:

Many thanks, Joy-Joey!

Jooooooooooooooooey!

I bought last nite my first The Who CD, and was "Now & Then", because the local store had none of those you told me. I paid 14,90, which is about 6,7 USD.

The store has also Tommy, by 24,00, or 10,90 USD, another bargain.

Is it worth? Had no time to listen to.

November 10th, 2005 07:42 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

I don´t like. I hate Roger Daltrey.

you make us very sad

why

why Dami

why you do 'dis to me Dami
why

Ok now

Cazart!!!!
November 10th, 2005 09:28 AM
Joey [quote]lotsajizz wrote:

you make us very sad"

Hi Jizzy ......................

[Edited by Joey]
November 10th, 2005 10:06 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hi Jizzy ......................

Hey Joey....raining here today, time for 'Love Reign...'

:-)

November 10th, 2005 10:26 AM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Hey Joey....raining here today, time for 'Love Reign...'

:-)

" He's a real nowhere man,
Sitting in his nowhere land,
Making all his nowhere plans
for nobody.

Doesn't have a point of view,
Knows not where he's going to,
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere man, please listen,
You don't know what you're missing,
Nowhere man, the world is at your command.

He's as blind as he can be,
Just sees what he wants to see,
Nowhere man can you see me at all?

Nowhere man, don't worry,
Take your time, don't hurry,
Leave it all 'till somebody else
Lends you a hand.

Doesn't have a point of view,
Knows not where he's going to,
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere man, please listen,
You don't know what you're missing,
Nowhere man, the world is at your command.

He's a real nowhere man,
Sitting in his nowhere land,
For nobody.
for nobody.
For nobody............ "

November 10th, 2005 10:58 AM
The_Worst Every album recorded by The Who is great!! Some of the best music by ANYONE every recorded period. If you don't like The Who then you simply don't like rock.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the greatest box set in the history of music, "30 Years of Maximum R&B".. It is absolute perfection. The only two things that can even be remotely critized on this box set are 1) The inclusion of the studio version of "Heaven & Hell" (The Leeds version is much better) & 2) The funky version of "The Real Me" (The album version on Quadrophenia is much better) Other than that, it is 95 tracks of pure perfection!!!

I also saw "When I Was a Boy" mentioned. This is my favorite Entwistle song & is just a great display of his dark sense of humor...If you can find this song, GET IT!!!

By the way, The Who Sells Out rules!!!!
November 10th, 2005 11:14 AM
Jumping Jack The best Who DVD ever:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000056PWX/102-4387273-5228926?v=glance&n=130&v=glance
November 10th, 2005 12:27 PM
rolling who
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the greatest box set in the history of music, "30 Years of Maximum R&B".. It is absolute perfection. The only two things that can even be remotely critized on this box set are 1) The inclusion of the studio version of "Heaven & Hell" (The Leeds version is much better) & 2) The funky version of "The Real Me" (The album version on Quadrophenia is much better) Other than that, it is 95 tracks of pure perfection!!!

I also saw "When I Was a Boy" mentioned. This is my favorite Entwistle song & is just a great display of his dark sense of humor...If you can find this song, GET IT!!!

By the way, The Who Sells Out rules!!!!

I mentioned '30 Years of Max. R&B' many posts ago. What better than Pete's diatribes ("This is a rock 'n roll concert, not a f--ing tea party!") and kicking Abbie Hoffman off the stage ("Back off my f--ing stage!") as well as Keith Moon comic routines! Oh, and the music is great, too.

And yes, "When I Was A Boy" is a GREAT Ox song found on 'Who's Missing.' Just downloaded it on my iPod.
November 10th, 2005 01:45 PM
BILL PERKS JOEY I REPEAT.. WHEN IS THAT BOY LOVER GONNA PUT SOMETHING OUT?? WHY ARE YOU SO HUNG UP ON THAT GLORIFIED OUT HOUSE KNOWN AS THE QWEST CENTER ??
November 10th, 2005 02:52 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Anyone bought the new 3-DVD live Tommy and Quadrophenia set yet?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B9PW6M/103-2481205-7721469?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance

quote:
The_Worst wrote:
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the greatest box set in the history of music, "30 Years of Maximum R&B".. It is absolute perfection. The only two things that can even be remotely critized on this box set are 1) The inclusion of the studio version of "Heaven & Hell" (The Leeds version is much better)

I disagree. The Leeds version of "Heaven and Hell" is easily available, whereas the studio version isn't; I am happy for its inclusion.
November 10th, 2005 03:25 PM
Jumping Jack I would be VERY greatful to anyone who gets the new 3 CD Who set who would let me preview it for one day so I know whether to ask Santa for it.
November 11th, 2005 02:58 PM
Joey " JOEY I REPEAT.. WHEN IS THAT BOY LOVER GONNA PUT SOMETHING OUT?? WHY ARE YOU SO HUNG UP ON THAT GLORIFIED OUT HOUSE KNOWN AS THE QWEST CENTER ??"

It really is over isn't it ?!?!

Your material has become drier than Phyllis Diller's c##t !

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
November 11th, 2005 03:04 PM
Dick Bush Joy, excuse me, but who the fuck?!?
November 11th, 2005 04:05 PM
Joey

Amen !

|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
November 11th, 2005 04:39 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JOEY I REPEAT.. WHEN IS THAT BOY LOVER GONNA PUT SOMETHING OUT?? WHY ARE YOU SO HUNG UP ON THAT GLORIFIED OUT HOUSE KNOWN AS THE QWEST CENTER ??

November 11th, 2005 04:53 PM
Joey

November 11th, 2005 07:00 PM
Neocon
quote:
Jair wrote:
[quote]Jair wrote:

Many thanks, Joy-Joey!

Jooooooooooooooooey!

I bought last nite my first The Who CD, and was "Now & Then", because the local store had none of those you told me. I paid 14,90, which is about 6,7 USD.

The store has also Tommy, by 24,00, or 10,90 USD, another bargain.

Is it worth? Had no time to listen to.

I think it is very important that you buy Pete Townsends Rough Mix album (done with Ronnie Lane). That's probably the 2nd best Townsend accomplishment after Who's Next. You'll probably just end up selling Who's Are You and Who Sell Out.

In fact Just stick with Who's Next, Rough Mix, Empty Glass, Quadrophenia, Who By Numbers, and Kids Are All Right. Also the Scoop album with Girl in A Suitecase.

If you must get Tommy, Who are You, and Who Sell Out find used versions so you don't lose money when you trade them in.

Please post your thoughts on these albums as you buy/listen to them.
November 12th, 2005 12:22 AM
Zack Not being sychophantic when it comes to the Who, I will offer that Who Are You is by far their weakest album, and a weak album period. Pete managed only six tunes in more than two years, leaving the Ox to scrape up three from his aborted sci-fi solo project. Much as Pete was bemoaning his search for a "new song" the material retreaded tired ideas that were overproduced and drowned in syrupy synths. The better mix of Guitar and Pen on the reissue attests that he was making bad production decisions at the time. Moon had pretty much lost his chops, and couldn't even play anything usable on Music Must Change. The lyrics to the title cut, the only keeper in the whole bag (well maybe MMC too), are positively cringe-inducing.

Rough Mix is very good, but hardly Pete's second greatest accomplishment.
November 12th, 2005 01:15 PM
rocky hi ,start with the deluxe edition of
"my generation.and then a "quick one,(be sure to have stereo,)
and then"sell out""who's next"and be sure to have all single tracks 1965-72,,
i have all the who,,i stopped 1972.
i didn't like "quadrophenia,73.. rocky
November 12th, 2005 03:06 PM
Joey " The lyrics to the title cut, the only keeper in the whole bag (well maybe MMC too), are positively cringe-inducing. "

**** WTF ?!?! ****

You make Joey say , Huh ?!?!

*** COME HERE *** :

After witnessing an outstanding performance by " Bright Eyes " at The Orpheum Theatre last evening this is the LAST friggin thing I need to come back too ...

The lyrics to " WHO ARE YOU " were written in January , 1977 after Pete went drinking with the Sex Pistols at London's Speakeasy Club . The song is a MASTERPIECE and ranks amongst the Greatest of all time ( thirty years later and it is STILL played on the radio NIGHT AND FRIGGIN DAY ).

I am now so distraught , disconcerted , disheartened and stirred to sadness that I must ..................

*********** END TRANSMISSION ********

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)