ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando!
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 11 days until SF! Return to archive
November 2nd, 2005 02:10 PM
monkey_man Goddamn I am getting stoked for this!!!!!
November 2nd, 2005 08:05 PM
RubyKel Me too!!! I can't wait...

-11 days until first Stones show

-12 days until my birthday

-13 days until second Stones show

November 3rd, 2005 12:11 AM
glencar Frisco!
November 3rd, 2005 12:12 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Frisco!

i will not be greeting anyone on the west coast this tour.
November 3rd, 2005 12:13 AM
glencar Nor I!
November 3rd, 2005 01:17 AM
Poplar
Fuck yeah!!

and Monkey Man helped stoke my stoked flames today.
when i get home from work - i'll be rocking to Albany and Columbus. damn, SF is gonna rock.

anyone else going to Fresno?
November 3rd, 2005 01:37 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:
anyone else going to Fresno?

Still a maybe!

Hey we gotta figure out how to hook up. I'm not making plans... I'm moving currently and busy as fuck. I do know I got She Rats ticket, so we're both meeting up... Please, someone pick a location and let's greet, HARD!
If you ain't met She Rat, you've yet to be greeted!
November 3rd, 2005 02:26 AM
Poplar
someone name the place & i'm there (with girl of interest).
gonna be sick...

now - to play Columbus .. loud.

November 3rd, 2005 02:43 AM
Poplar
quote:
RubyKel wrote:
Me too!!! I can't wait...

-11 days until first Stones show

-12 days until my birthday

-13 days until second Stones show

narry a sober moment in that three day span, i'd imagine.
hope to bump into ya
November 6th, 2005 01:17 PM
Gimme Shelter Can't wait either. I went to the Portland show and it rocked. I'll be at both SF shows.
November 8th, 2005 07:48 PM
monkey_man Hey all! I'm back in town after a beautiful weekend in NYC. I have posted to some privately that I am working both Stones shows in SF. PM me the meeting point in SF before the shows and I might be able to sneak out to greet you crazy fucks!
November 8th, 2005 08:31 PM
SheRat I am merely awaiting approval for the details of the meeting from pdog.
November 9th, 2005 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
SheRat wrote:
I am merely awaiting approval for the details of the meeting from pdog.

Have fun everybody ...................................

..... I wish I could join you all there for the concert !!!!

W- W- W- What ?!?! ...... Oh , sure ! :

Jacky ! ®

November 12th, 2005 01:16 PM
monkey_man I can't wait for tomorrow!!! It's been killing me that I can see that the lights have been on at the ballpark for the past 2 nights while they have been building the stage! As tears go by, Rocks off. . . .God Damn!
November 12th, 2005 06:12 PM
Poplar
anybody gota cheap extra? ... i have another friend who wants to go now. the only tix online are the $450s. shit.

man, i'm pumped.
November 12th, 2005 07:24 PM
FPM C10 San Francisco? Are you sure it's safe?

Conservative talk-show host Bill O'Reilly is ready to scratch San Francisco off the map of the United States. Gone. Coit Tower? Terrorists can blow it up, and the rest of the country shouldn't care.

The Fox News talk-show host and one-man conservative media juggernaut has concluded that the United States and San Francisco just don't go together anymore. Voting to oppose military recruitment in public schools and to ban handgun ownership, as San Franciscans did Tuesday, means the city should be cut off from federal dollars. And then some.

"You know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium and I say, 'Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds,' " O'Reilly said Tuesday on his radio show as San Franciscans were approving the two measures. Perhaps, he didn't realize that he'd be speaking mostly to foreign tourists and suburbanites if he were standing in Union Square.

"Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead," O'Reilly went on. "And if al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead."

San Franciscans might be offended by this invitation, or perhaps even threatened, if more of them visited Coit Tower.

On a cool gray Thursday afternoon, the San Francisco landmark was filled, as usual, with tourists from Ohio, Texas and other states where TV's "The O'Reilly Factor" and its syndicated radio companion, "The Radio Factor," pull better ratings than in San Francisco.

When visitors were told of O'Reilly's remarks, several had the same question: "Why would he say that?"

The few locals found at the tower had another: "Who's Bill O'Reilly again?"

Those familiar with O'Reilly tried to put the comment in context.

"The man is a sensationalist fool," said Paul Hickey, a 76-year-old visiting from Texas.

"He's irritating," said his wife, Judy Hickey, 67.

Others interpreted the remark as O'Reilly's trademark brand of hyperbole. His mastery of this form of entertainment has made him a best-selling author and top-rated talk-show host.

"I just think he's blowing wind," said Jim Adelman, 64, visiting from Ohio.

Reaction came swiftly from City Hall, which has taken other arrows in the aftermath of Tuesday's election. Thursday on KNEW-AM -- O'Reilly's Bay Area radio home -- conservative talk-show host Jeff Katz ripped handgun-measure supporters on San Francisco's "Board of Stupidadvisors."

Board of, uh, Supervisors President Aaron Peskin, whose district includes Coit Tower, suggested that O'Reilly should get his head examined.

"It sounds like he's on the same medication Rush Limbaugh is addicted to, and he should go see a therapist,'' Peskin said.

Mayor Gavin Newsom said, "I've never been impressed with what he's had to say, and I'm not impressed now. Consider the source. Remember, this is the guy who wanted me arrested after (San Francisco sanctioned same-sex marriages last year). He never let his opinion get in the way of the facts."

Imagine if O'Reilly had read the plaque on the front of Coit Tower, which describes its benefactor and namesake, Lillie Hitchcock Coit, as a woman "who smoked cigars and often dressed as a man to gamble in North Beach saloons."

Then again, Coit Tower fans should not feel special about being singled out. This isn't the first time O'Reilly has discussed the destruction of a famous building on the air with an aural twinkle in his eye.

In September, a couple of weeks after Hurricane Katrina damaged the Gulf Coast, O'Reilly used the natural disaster to poke fun at one of his favorite targets, the United Nations.

"Bush addressed the U.N., says he wants to be steadfast in battling terrorism," O'Reilly said on his radio show. "I'm sure all the U.N. people fell asleep. They don't really care about anything over there at all. I just wish Katrina had only hit the United Nations building, nothing else. Just flooded them out. And I wouldn't have rescued them."

After United Nations Foundation President Timothy Wirth asked O'Reilly to apologize, the talk-show host replied with an on-the-air primer on the radio biz:

"Well, apparently Tim Wirth has never listened to talk radio," O'Reilly said. "So I will speak very slowly to him. It was a jest, sir. We exaggerate on the radio.

"Wise up."

Efforts to reach O'Reilly through Fox News on Thursday were unsuccessful.

At least one liberal media watchdog group was offended by O'Reilly's Coit Tower remark. Media Matters for America President David Brock said, "He's encouraging terrorist attacks. It's over the top."

But isn't O'Reilly allowed the same type of latitude that liberals have said other entertainers should be afforded?

Shortly after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, comedian Bill Maher was criticized by White House officials for saying, "We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." Maher apologized, and his public hushing by the White House made him a favorite of Bush-bashers.

"Yes, there are people saying things like that, like Bill Maher and 'The Daily Show,' but if you look at O'Reilly, his show is presented as a 'no spin zone,' " Brock said. "People take it seriously."

Those people include Brock's group, which records every minute of O'Reilly's programs. Is that one of those entry-level jobs where you pay your dues?

"No," Brock said, "but maybe it should be."
November 12th, 2005 08:40 PM
Poplar
christ.
November 12th, 2005 09:31 PM
Poplar
quote:
Poplar wrote:

anybody gota cheap extra? ... i have another friend who wants to go now. the only tix online are the $450s. shit.

man, i'm pumped.

November 13th, 2005 01:13 PM
monkey_man Today's the day!!! I'l be looking out for all you guys wearing RO Tees! PDog I have have your seat locations and will try to get down to the field to see you and Sherat. Poplar. . .sorry I don't know of anyone one with an extra ticket! Goddamn I am pumped!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)