ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gunman kills eight at Finland high school Return to archive
7th November 2007 01:28 PM
steel driving hammer Marko Baby is that you? Only kidding.

AP - Wed Nov 7, 11:44 AM ET

TUUSULA, Finland - An 18-year-old gunman killed eight people at a high school in southern Finland on Wednesday, then shot himself but survived, police said.

Too bad his shirt didn't say "The Beatles Are Overrated"

They said the high school's principal was among the dead.

Police said the gunman, who used a .22-caliber pistol, was taken to hospital with serious wounds and the situation was "under control" after officers surrounded Jokela High School in Tuusula, some 30 miles north of the capital, Helsinki.

It was the first known school shooting in Finland, where gun ownership is fairly common by European standards, but shootings are rare.

Medical response leader Eero Hirvensalo told The Associated Press that one person had been "severely injured" while 10 people had minor injuries.

Finnish media reports said the shooter had revealed his plans on the video Web site YouTube.

A posting titled "Jokela High School Massacre" showed a picture of a building by a lake that appears to be the school, along with two photos of a young man holding a handgun. The person who posted the video was identified in the user profile as an 18-year-old man from Finland. The posting was later removed.

The profile contained a text calling for a "revolution against the system."

Police could not immediately be reached to comment on the video.

Kim Kiuru, a teacher at the school, said the principal had announced over the public address system just before noon that all students should remain in their classrooms.

"I stayed in the corridor to listen to more instructions, having locked my classroom door," Kiuru told the YLE radio station. "After that I saw the gunman running with what appeared to be a small-caliber handgun in his hand through the doors toward me, after which I escaped to the corridor downstairs and ran in the opposite direction."

Kiuru said he saw a woman's body as he fled the building.

"Then my pupils shouted at me out of the windows to ask what they should do and I told them to jump out of the windows ... and all my pupils were saved," Kiuru said.

More than 400 students, from 12 to 18, were enrolled at Jokela, a local official said.

Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen described the situation as "extremely tragic" and said the government would hold an emergency meeting.

7th November 2007 01:40 PM
gimmekeef Yeah..government emergency meetings are the cure all for sure....
7th November 2007 01:44 PM
glencar Well, they will have to discuss this event! Sad times...
7th November 2007 02:03 PM
tumbled Its seasonal affective disorder....The sun is at fault
7th November 2007 02:09 PM
steel driving hammer Can't blame this one on Bush.
7th November 2007 02:12 PM
pdog
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Can't blame this one on Bush.

sure you could, he is so fucked up you can blame dinosaur extinction on him. In fact I've got three different arguments on that point alone, and all are pretty good.
7th November 2007 02:34 PM
mrhipfl he couldn't even kill himself?
7th November 2007 02:51 PM
mrhipfl his profile got suspended,

got this:
SICK BASTARD

Naam: Pekka-Eric Auvinen
Leeftijd: 18
Male from Finland.

I am a cynical existentialist, antihuman humanist, antisocial socialdarwinist, realistic idealist and godlike atheist.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM! JUSTITIA SUUM CUIQUE DISTRIBUIT! SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

I am prepared to fight and die for my cause. I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection.

You might ask yourselves, why did I do this and what do I want. Well, most of you are too arrogant and closed-minded to understand... You will proprably say me that I am"insane", "crazy", "psychopath", "criminal" or crap like that. No, the truth is that I am just an animl, a human, an individual, a dissident.

I have had enough. I don't want to be part of this ****ed up society. Like some other wise people have said in the past, human race is not worth fighting for or saving... only worth killing. But... When my enemies will run and hide in fear when mentioning my name... When the gangsters of the corrupted governments have been shot in the streets... When the rule of idioracy and the democratic system has been replaced with justice... When intelligent people are finally free and rule the society instead of the idiocratic rule of majority... In that great day of deliverance, you will know what I want.

Long live the revolution... revolution against the system, which enslaves not only the majority of weak-minded masses but also the small minority of strong-minded and intelligent individuals! If we want to live in a different world, we must act. We must rise against the enslaving, corrupted and totalitarian regimes and overthrow the tyrants, gangsters and the rule of idiocracy. I can't alone change much but hopefully my actions will inspire all the intelligent people of the world and start some sort of revolution against the current systems. The system discriminating naturality and justice, is my enemy. The people living in the world of delusion and supporting this system are my enemies.

I am ready to die for a cause I know is right, just and true... even if I would lose or the battle would be only remembered as evil... I will rather fight and die than live a long and unhappy life.

And remember that this is my war, my ideas and my plans. Don't blame anyone else for my actions than myself. Don't blame my parents or my friends. I told nobody about my plans and I always kept them inside my mind only. Don't blame the movies I see, the music I hear, the games I play or the books I read. No, they had nothing to do with this. This is my war: one man war against humanity, governments and weak-minded masses of the world! No mercy for the scum of the earth! HUMANITY IS OVERRATED! It's time to put NATURAL SELECTION & SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST back on tracks!
7th November 2007 02:59 PM
glencar What an incredible turd.
7th November 2007 03:20 PM
Mr Jurkka Horrible thing.. what a wacko guy. I heard today in school by my teacher. It has been all evening on tv. The Student were locked in their class rooms that the killer would not get there. He knocked the doors and shooted some of those and there were students insade.

7th November 2007 03:34 PM
fireontheplatter it is creeping overseas from the usa.
is there a cure?
that fucker need a better hobby than playing violent video games all day....but what do i know. i never met him.
he is still a fucking deranged piece of shit as far as i'm concerned.
7th November 2007 03:41 PM
glencar Google "Dunblane". This stuff has happened over there before. Maybe not at the same rate but it's not unheard-of.
7th November 2007 03:47 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Google "Dunblane". This stuff has happened over there before. Maybe not at the same rate but it's not unheard-of.

maybe later......didn't i see you at the ron wood book signing by the way?
7th November 2007 04:20 PM
tumbled can we save "waterboarding" for times like these??

or else start throwing them into the stocks
like back in the days of yore

7th November 2007 04:22 PM
tumbled can we save "waterboarding" for times like these??

or else start throwing them into the stocks
like back in the days of yore
7th November 2007 05:31 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

maybe later......didn't i see you at the ron wood book signing by the way?

No, I thought we went over this already. I was in surgery recovery & didn't have the strength to stand around for a half hour much less travel into the Big Apple from where I live. I wish I had done it! Luckily, Bitch was tehre & did me a solid!
7th November 2007 05:33 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
his profile got suspended,

got this:
SICK BASTARD

Naam: Pekka-Eric Auvinen
Leeftijd: 18
Male from Finland.

I am a cynical existentialist, antihuman humanist, antisocial socialdarwinist, realistic idealist and godlike atheist.

Ahhh...he's a democrat
7th November 2007 05:36 PM
glencar And one of the more cheerful ones to boot!
8th November 2007 12:14 AM
Doxa
quote:
glencar wrote:
Google "Dunblane". This stuff has happened over there before. Maybe not at the same rate but it's not unheard-of.

I didn't know that Scotland belongs to Finland, or even to Scandinavia. I guess we all in Europe are the same 'over there´.

If so, I guess 'Erfurt Germany 2002' would be a better candidate for googling.

Thanks for your 'empathy' for our tragedy.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
8th November 2007 01:41 AM
marko Well,this was just matter of time,in the future,these kind
of thing is going to happen more often.This is modern
society,which follows every western country.
Todays life style is so narrow minded that it drives people
grazy,and frustation is getting worse every year,and thats
what humans can´t take,
8th November 2007 01:30 PM
Blowey
quote:
marko wrote:
Well,this was just matter of time,in the future,these kind
of thing is going to happen more often.This is modern
society,which follows every western country.
Todays life style is so narrow minded that it drives people
grazy,and frustation is getting worse every year,and thats
what humans can´t take,

I'm glad you are safe, my baby Marko.

Yours,

Blowey!
8th November 2007 01:31 PM
speedfreakjive have an artificial arm made for him like Luke Skywalker - but with no fingers so that he can never shoot a gun again
8th November 2007 01:34 PM
Blowey
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
have an artificial arm made for him like Luke Skywalker - but with no fingers so that he can never shoot a gun again

Hee hee heee!!!! You make Blowey giggle and crap turtles like an M16!
8th November 2007 02:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Doxa wrote:

I didn't know that Scotland belongs to Finland, or even to Scandinavia. I guess we all in Europe are the same 'over there´.

If so, I guess 'Erfurt Germany 2002' would be a better candidate for googling.

Thanks for your 'empathy' for our tragedy.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]

I have sympathy for Finland's tragedy, dickswipe but I don't give a whit how you feel about it. BTW If you go back to the 1st post it refers to US violence being exported over there so yes, anywhere in Europe is apropos. You, however, are apropos of nothing important.
8th November 2007 03:10 PM
Doxa
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have sympathy for Finland's tragedy, dickswipe but I don't give a whit how you feel about it. BTW If you go back to the 1st post it refers to US violence being exported over there so yes, anywhere in Europe is apropos. You, however, are apropos of nothing important.

Thank you very much. I hope you get some kicks for insulting people.

- Doxa
8th November 2007 03:22 PM
Blowey
quote:
Doxa wrote:

Thank you very much. I hope you get some kicks for insulting people.

- Doxa

Doxa,

I pray you and your family are safe today and that your country can get past this awful and senseless tragedy.

Blowey, ESQ
9th November 2007 03:40 AM
Shmoey tboughts are with you 'kins

Jackyyyyyyyyyyy!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)