ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: my GOD....think of how much masturbation could get done.... Return to archive
6th November 2007 01:31 PM
Starbuck amazing!

let them grow, i say! let them grow!

Girl born with 8 limbs undergoes surgery
(Agencies)
Updated: 2007-11-06 23:35

BANGALORE, India - Doctors began operating Tuesday on a 2-year-old girl born with four arms and four legs in an extensive surgery that they hope will leave the girl with a normal body, a hospital official said.

Lakshmi, second from left, sits in her mother Poonam's lap as she poses next to her father Shambhu and brother Mithilesh, right, at the Sparsh Hospital in Bangalore, India, Monday, Nov. 5, 2007. [Agencies]

The girl named Lakshmi is joined to a "parasitic twin" that stopped developing in the mother's womb. The surviving fetus absorbed the limbs, kidneys and other body parts of the undeveloped fetus.

A team of 30 doctors was removing the extra limbs and organs. They have separated the fused spines and the next step will be to separate the extra limbs and then the rest of the "parasite," said Dr. Sharan Patil, the orthopedic surgeon leading the operation.

"As of now, the child has been responding very well," Patil said several hours into the operation.

Lakshmi is named after the four-armed Hindu goddess of wealth, and some in her village in the northern state of Bihar revere her.

"Everybody considers her a goddess at our village," said her father, Shambhu, who goes by one name. "All this expenditure has happened to make her normal. So far, everything is fine."

Others sought to make money from Lakshmi. Her parents kept her in hiding after a circus apparently tried to buy the girl, they said.

The complications for Lakshmi's surgery are myriad: The two spines are merged, she has four kidneys, entangled nerves, two stomach cavities and two chest cavities. She cannot stand up or walk.
6th November 2007 01:33 PM
steel driving hammer
6th November 2007 01:43 PM
Starbuck i could play two rickenbackers at once if i had those arms!
6th November 2007 01:55 PM
pdog I'm so glad my kids are healthy.
6th November 2007 01:57 PM
steel driving hammer Amen.

Teach your children the way of the Stones.

Well not THE way but the way, you know.
6th November 2007 02:01 PM
pdog My six year old thinks The Stones are The Ramones when he sees pictures...
He likes Rancid more than both of them too...
Kids nowadays just don't dig the oldies.
6th November 2007 02:07 PM
steel driving hammer Maybe cause you don't dig the oldies?

Howe could a kid not like Fats Domino?
6th November 2007 02:24 PM
pdog
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Maybe cause you don't dig the oldies?

I listen to Eddie Cochran everyday...
6th November 2007 03:16 PM
Starbuck this thread is a disapointment! i am shamed!
6th November 2007 05:35 PM
stonedinaustralia that's bizzare - i thought those weird indian deities with all those arms were just a myth - but no - they are for real!!
6th November 2007 05:39 PM
Joey

I Masturbate .......

It is TRUE !
6th November 2007 05:45 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
this thread is a disapointment! i am shamed!

another useless article... the child should be killed... IMO!
6th November 2007 06:02 PM
gypsy Oh, that's sad. This thread should be laid to rest.
6th November 2007 06:08 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:

why? I would agree if there was no surgical option, but there seems to be a chance that she can have a normal life if all goes well.
6th November 2007 08:59 PM
TomL Don't fuck with the kids.
7th November 2007 03:24 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Joey wrote:

I Masturbate .......

It is TRUE !

7th November 2007 06:39 PM
Joey
quote:
EELPIE wrote:

you are on fire

That is right !!!

Keep readin' ..... just keep readin'

" I got a LOT more Ronnie !!! "

Cakes

7th November 2007 07:05 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:

dude....obviously it is to late.
8th November 2007 04:42 PM
fireontheplatter i heard on the news last night...this girl under went a 22-24 hour successful operation, and it is believed she will walk again.

very good news....finally some good news.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)