ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pictures from the Book "Stones Story" (1973) Return to archive
4th November 2007 02:48 PM
egon Someone gave me the french version of this book:

It seems to have quite a few rare pictures
(or at least for me), so i decided to share:

4th November 2007 02:53 PM
pdog Sooo... it's a story... about... The Stones!
Interesting!

4th November 2007 03:00 PM
egon
quote:
pdog wrote:
Sooo... it's a story... about... The Stones!
Interesting!

And.... in French!
Difficult!
4th November 2007 03:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great pix Egon, thanks for posting them. Many of them new to me including the couple of pictures of Stu
4th November 2007 03:11 PM
egon
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Great pix Egon, thanks for posting them. Many of them new to me including the couple of pictures of Stu

thanks.
if anyone wants some of the pics in better quality,
i can always scan again with a higher resolution.

4th November 2007 03:23 PM
StephenNYC Always thought the greatest pics of Mick were taken during the '73 tour.
[Edited by StephenNYC]
4th November 2007 03:38 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner Great pics. Thanks.
4th November 2007 04:21 PM
Dino37 Mick really was, and is, a very charismatic/handsome man.

Remarkable features actually, tough to say how or why they work, but they do.
4th November 2007 04:31 PM
Gazza Great pics, many of them new to me.

It cant have come out in 1973 though - as there are a few photos there from the 1975 tour.

The first Stones book I ever read was a bio I borrowed from the library in the mid 70's written by George Tremlett? Anyone remember it? Think it only went up to about 1973.

I'd barely heard a note by the Stones at that point in my life, but I was fascinated in them by the time I'd finished reading it even if by today's standards its probably somewhat lightweight.
4th November 2007 05:23 PM
Erik_Snow Yes great photos, thanks

The photo on the left, above the 1975 tour sign, comes from 1976.
4th November 2007 05:56 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The first Stones book I ever read was a bio I borrowed from the library in the mid 70's written by George Tremlett? Anyone remember it? Think it only went up to about 1973.

I'd barely heard a note by the Stones at that point in my life, but I was fascinated in them by the time I'd finished reading it even if by today's standards its probably somewhat lightweight.

remember it ?! - i fairly sure I still have my copy -and yeah it ended at GHS

one of my first too - i seem to remember getting, that , Greenfield's STP and scaduto's jagger biog. at around the same time - i agree of all of them the most lightweight

a funny aspect of some those '70s book is that they marvel that the band has been going for SO lONG when it's all of ten years which now, relatively speaking, is hardly no time at all

4th November 2007 07:16 PM
gypsy
quote:
egon wrote:

And.... in French!
Difficult!

I've got that book too. Thanks for scanning and posting the photos from it! They're really great.
4th November 2007 07:23 PM
LadyJane yes egon.
I posted the pics in the Superblow thread.
No not YOUR pic, although I think you have made it in, but the pics from this book.

LJ.
4th November 2007 07:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

remember it ?! - i fairly sure I still have my copy -and yeah it ended at GHS

one of my first too - i seem to remember getting, that , Greenfield's STP and scaduto's jagger biog. at around the same time - i agree of all of them the most lightweight

a funny aspect of some those '70s book is that they marvel that the band has been going for SO lONG when it's all of ten years which now, relatively speaking, is hardly no time at all

The Scaduto book and the STP one were the first Stones books I ever bought..in the late 70s'. I still have them both in paperback, even though the pages with the photos are falling out.

I distinctly remember Wyman being quoted at the end of that Tremlett book as saying the just completed tour (Europe 73) was "the best we've ever done". With hindsight 30 years later, he wasnt wrong IMO.
4th November 2007 07:44 PM
fireontheplatter great great set of early stones photos....its amazing to think i was 3 years old when they were just hitting it big.

i wonder what they do with the giant billboard posters when they are finished with them...do they get thrown in the dump?
4th November 2007 11:57 PM
GhostofBrianJones Thank You very much Egon for the great pictures. I am partial to the ones with
Brian but they are all fantastic. Appreciate the time you took to scan and post
them here. Thanks much again.
5th November 2007 08:01 AM
SweetVirginia Nice work, Egon.
5th November 2007 09:19 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks a lot for sharing, Egon..that took lots of work!
5th November 2007 11:40 AM
Sioux Egon, SWEET pix! Thanks so much.... Love all the Brian
pix, of course. But I love Charlie's baby pic. He looks
exactly like Charlie! lol No doubt as to who that baby
grew up to be...
5th November 2007 01:59 PM
egon Thanks Everyone.

Gazza, you're right: it's from 1976 (don't know where i got 73' from...)

I'll go through the bok again, when i have some time.
it might have a few more rare ones.

[Edited by egon]
5th November 2007 02:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG Did you just get a new scanner or something, Egon.. You sure are getting into this. All indications are that you have a new toy
5th November 2007 02:13 PM
egon
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Did you just get a new scanner or something, Egon.. You sure are getting into this. All indications are that you have a new toy

Actually i just got my scanner to work under vista.
Which almost gives the same feeling as buying a new one.
5th November 2007 07:19 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
egon wrote:
Actually i just got my scanner to work under vista.
Which almost gives the same feeling as buying a new one.

Hey egon, and your wonderful scans here, give me the feeling I should throw my scanner out of the window, lol...
Thanks so much for the hard work...I can imagine how many time you need for doing this...but the result is breathtaking, oh yeeees!!!!
Would you mind, if I posted some of your lovely scans (of course in the name of you)...in the Brian part thread???
5th November 2007 08:31 PM
zooeyglass Yes, thanks so much, Egon, very cool!

And an oops on my part -- I posted one in the Brian thread that I took from IORR -- which I come to see had to have been taken from you. I think you made a lot of Stones fan all over the net very, very happy
6th November 2007 06:56 AM
egon take what you want!
credit me,
don't credit me,
it's all good. :-)
6th November 2007 03:06 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
egon wrote:
take what you want!
credit me,
don't credit me,
it's all good. :-)

...I want only ask first...thanks
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)