ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Surprisegig Mick in India, he confirms Asia tour in 2008 Return to archive
4th November 2007 05:18 AM
bootcover JAGGER WOWS INDIAN CROWDS

SIR MICK JAGGER gave a surprise performance at a folk festival in India, insisting he is a huge fan of the nation's music. The Rolling Stones rocker travelled to Jodhpur to perform at the inaugural Rajasthan International Folk Festival, which was held from 25 and 29 October (07). And the singer revealed a secret passion for Indian music. He says, "I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I'm definitely an enthusiast for Indian music. "I've listened to Bengali, Gujarati and Rajasthani folk music, and a festival like this gives a great platform to folk artists in a magnificent venue." Jagger confirmed the band plan to announce tour dates in Asia next year (08), despite just returning from a world tour.
4th November 2007 07:52 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
bootcover wrote:
Jagger confirmed the band plan to announce tour dates in Asia next year (08), despite just returning from a world tour.

Nice! Good news. Will they do Australia, Japan and China too?
4th November 2007 07:53 AM
Mr Jurkka I guess that means that the Bigger Bang Tour ain't over.
4th November 2007 08:42 AM
Got Me Rockin I don't care if they go to Asia, I care if they come to North America....mostly in the New Jersey/New York region.
4th November 2007 09:02 AM
mrhipfl Hope they come to Florida again. They didn't come here fall 2006. Of course, Asia, India, and Australia deserve it more than us.
4th November 2007 09:05 AM
GotToRollMe Yesssssss!
4th November 2007 10:02 AM
aladdinstory it would be nice if they put together a TTY type collection to tour behind with 3-4 new songs. remote possibility but still would be nice to see. they certainly have enough material for one!
4th November 2007 10:12 AM
Mr Jurkka They might make few new songs. And play rare played songs? Or is it just wishfulthinking?
4th November 2007 10:45 AM
fireontheplatter why they would tour in a country that doesn't speak english is beyond me. i mean, they probably can't understand a word he's singing.
i think they should scrap that idea and just come to the usa and canada.
4th November 2007 11:20 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
why they would tour in a country that doesn't speak english is beyond me. i mean, they probably can't understand a word he's singing.

Music is the language of the world...And Stones wrote the dictionary....Everyone deserves a shot at seeing our beloved heros
4th November 2007 12:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
I guess that means that the Bigger Bang Tour ain't over.

It is over. Its just a new phase of touring

Anyway, is this a different interview to the one that was mentioned a few days ago?

http://novogate.com/board/968/239761-1.html
[Edited by Gazza]
4th November 2007 12:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
why they would tour in a country that doesn't speak english is beyond me. i mean, they probably can't understand a word he's singing.

So basically they shouldnt tour Europe either?

Actually, English is one of the most widely spoken languages in India and is the official "co-language" of the Indian Union. There are about 30 24-hour English language TV stations in the country

Considering the fact that India's population is 4 times that of the US, thats quite a lot of English speakers.

In short, there are more people in India who speak English than in any country in the world. More than the US & UK combined, in fact.

Source - https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=227292&lis=1&kntae227292=0A7BDB78451D420B8A53893C9719573B&supId=193775551

[Edited by Gazza]
4th November 2007 01:20 PM
mrhipfl everyone in the world speaks a little bit of English. Or so it seems, anyway.
4th November 2007 02:02 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
everyone in the world speaks a little bit of English. Or so it seems, anyway.

Certainly..."Fuck you Gazza will ya"...is an international rally point
4th November 2007 02:04 PM
Gazza Indeed. Here's hoping this Asian tour comes off - by my reckoning, that'll make it about four continents where I've been verbally abused ....
4th November 2007 02:32 PM
pdog
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
I guess that means that the Bigger Bang Tour ain't over.

It's over, this will be a new tour. Seems like a No Security version, with The Shine A Light movie, I'm sure a live release on CD... ect...
I alos would venture to guess, this tour will go beyong India, Japan, Ausstrallia and I'm sure some SA, Europe and USA.
I will gladly accept free tix, hotel room floors and food donations in order to mke a few of these shows!
4th November 2007 03:38 PM
steel driving hammer Those Bastards in India don't know how to use You Tube?
4th November 2007 03:53 PM
pdog
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Those Bastards in India don't know how to use You Tube?

Sure they do, who do you think is managing the content and doing all the technical maintenance?
4th November 2007 04:09 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
pdog wrote:
Sure they do, who do you think is managing the content and doing all the technical maintenance?

I thought that was Microsf n' aol?

You know the founders of Youtube went to U of I here just a 3 min drive from where I been living for 30 years?

Too bad they never liked the Stones.

Just as long as they're happy.
4th November 2007 06:48 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

congratulations man - that is the stupidest comment i have read in all the time i have been posting on this board - which is quite a while and so you can be assured i have read a lot of stupid stuff in the process

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
4th November 2007 08:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

congratulations man - that is the stupidest comment i have read in all the time i have been posting on this board - which is quite a while and so you can be assured i have read a lot of stupid stuff in the process

1 out of 50 thousand + readers think its the stupidest comment they've ever read....that ain't to bad.

maybe it was a bit offside, but i'm allowed to speak my mind

carry on
5th November 2007 07:22 AM
corgi37 Well, there goes another $1,000. I think Daeth and i can do a bit better than last year and get 3rd row.
5th November 2007 09:44 AM
wasted
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

I found this post to be disturbing
5th November 2007 09:52 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
wasted wrote:

I found this post to be disturbing

As did most...I think we are all hoping each of us will get at least one more chance to see them...regardless of location etc....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)