ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: new england vs the colts this sunday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th November 2007 02:20 PM
nankerphelge Don't know about that.
A super season is one thing.
Longevity and consistency has its place in QB lore, and there is a lot of competition before anyone says greatest ever.

Montana, Elway, Favre,...

But Brady had more than his fair share of great seasons early in his career, has some jewelry that Marino never got and Elway only got late in his career.

He is now showing that little something extra that puts him above his contemporaries.

No question he could be, but not yet

4th November 2007 02:29 PM
pdog I'm off to work soon. I'm recording both Eagles tonight and the big game today.
Just an fyi, now spoilers in any new thread subjects. Keep it here, I know we have another football thread anyway. DYK, you can watch a game in about one hour if you record and FFWD through the fluff, stoppages and commercials. and if it is a blowout, you just delete.
4th November 2007 02:32 PM
LadyJane Is that goddmaned black out rule still in effect?
The Bills home game is a sellout and ON CBS.
Do not tell me I am going to be subjected to info-mercials at 4????

anybody??

LJ.
4th November 2007 02:39 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Is that goddmaned black out rule still in effect?
The Bills home game is a sellout and ON CBS.
Do not tell me I am going to be subjected to info-mercials at 4????

anybody??

LJ.

Since they don't coincide, you might get it. BUT!!! check your local papaer or on TV guide. We were supposed to have the early CBS game, and it was scheduled and got infomercials instead. The SF 9'rs are on the road, so there is usaully two games between CBS and Fox. i have no idea what the Raiders are doing, must be blacked out, usually we get a shitty game instead, maybe that is why we got only one CBS game. if this doesn't make sense, sorry. The NFL needs to make more games available for free, and drop this blackout bullshit. They make a shitload of money, so this pay perview and local blackout stuff is bullshit.
4th November 2007 02:42 PM
robpop This link is useful but not always accurate.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

[Edited by robpop]
4th November 2007 02:43 PM
LadyJane Both Yahoo and TV Guide list the second game as ON here in Buffalo.
Thanks guys.

LJ.
4th November 2007 02:46 PM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:
This link is useful but not always accurate.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

[Edited by robpop]

holy crap.. we got burned on the SD game, sort of. This is a first, The raiders are not shown here. I don't remember a local team ever being pre-empted, although i don't mind. Thx for the link pop.
4th November 2007 02:47 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Both Yahoo and TV Guide list the second game as ON here in Buffalo.
Thanks guys.

LJ.

If you wanna see NE vs Indy, hit up a good sports bar. I don't know if you care that mch. Every bar in SF has the games on multiple TVs
4th November 2007 02:49 PM
pdog Oakland is at home, and blacked out... Hahaha. I thought it was away. My bad, and there bad too... lol!
4th November 2007 03:02 PM
robpop Looks like Cleveland and Houston areas are the only ones that will be missing out. Sorry Winslow.
4th November 2007 03:08 PM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:
Looks like Cleveland and Houston areas are the only ones that will be missing out. Sorry Winslow.

you mean sorry bucky. I also need to apologize to bucky. i used there instead of their. Looks like I'm not working today. I was sick yesterday, and now my wife is sick too...
liquid poops are not fun... I feel like Joey!
wha wha what!!!!
4th November 2007 03:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

The Greatest QB ever?

Thats absurd. He's not even the best in the league.

Better than Marino? What in the name of Hades is wrong with you?
4th November 2007 03:11 PM
pdog Vikes are going to lose another one...
4th November 2007 03:14 PM
Nellcote Show me Marino's jewelry.
Right, as I thought, none.
No jewelry, no legend.

4th November 2007 03:31 PM
lotsajizz I agree--God knows I hate the Patsies, but Marino ain't even in the same fuckin' ballpark as Brady
4th November 2007 03:32 PM
robpop I dont buy into that. Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Rich Gannon, and Chirst's sakes Trent Dilfer all have rings. Hardly legends.

4th November 2007 03:43 PM
lotsajizz and QB's with hardly Brady's stats or winning record and certainly NONE of them with THREE rings...thus not a very good comparison
4th November 2007 03:49 PM
pdog i agree too. McNabb, if fate had been different could have a few rings, and he's not at Marinos caliber, and Brady, despite my dislike, is fucking amazing. I would say, Manning is pretty incredible. His personality, that I've seen on SNL and in interviews really impressed me. So I'm rooting for The Colts today.
Nellcote Hey Robo, I'm not selling you a thing.
Go look @ any of those qb's vs. Brady, as well as the mythical Marino. Their stats all pale, Casper like, in comparison.
This is not myth, it is fact.
robpop The point I'm trying to make is that Marino played for a piss poor Dolphins franchise. He was the whole team. If had the talent on both sides of the ball like Brady does, who knows what could have happened.
4th November 2007 03:51 PM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is that Marino played for a piss poor Dolphins franchise. He was the whole team. If had the talent on both sides of the ball like Brady does, who knows what could have happened.

If the queen had balls, she'd be the king!
4th November 2007 03:53 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:

If the queen had balls, she'd be the king!

I see said the blind man, pissing in the wind, it all comes back to me.
4th November 2007 03:54 PM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:

I see said the blind man, pissing in the wind, it all comes back to me.

for only having two letters "if" sure is a big word, especially in sports.
4th November 2007 04:01 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:

for only having two letters "if" sure is a big word, especially in sports.

Yeah, I know. I grew up watching Bradshaw win four, and hell I would not put him in my list of the greatest.
4th November 2007 04:17 PM
robpop
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Robo, I'm not selling you a thing.
Go look @ any of those qb's vs. Brady, as well as the mythical Marino. Their stats all pale, Casper like, in comparison.
This is not myth, it is fact.

Is Brady the best in the league right now? Probably. The best of all time is a bit of a reach right now. Time will tell.
4th November 2007 04:20 PM
sirmoonie Bradshaw would be in top 5. Marino is number 1, which should be difficult to debate.
4th November 2007 04:36 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Marino is number 1, which should be difficult to debate.

I could not agree more. On a side note, he's the only quarterback that I have seen play in high school, college, and pros in person.
4th November 2007 07:48 PM
fireontheplatter i am delighted with the end result.
i thought it was a great game.
it really made me nervous when brady starts thowing those hail mary passes tho.
4th November 2007 07:59 PM
LadyJane Good game.
Pats seem unstoppable.
Brady to Moss..incredible.

And the Bills one too!!! Yay!

LJ.
4th November 2007 08:30 PM
Nellcote Whole Lotta Rosie Colvin to recover the fumble, send Peyton off to comercials. CUT THAT MEAT CUT THAT MEAT CUT THAT MEAT......PATS WIN!!!!

LJ, Buffalo is 2nd best in the division, see you in two weeks!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)