ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy page breaks finger, Led Zeppelin postpone show Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th November 2007 06:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

(Sadly I don't have any breaks today--we're in sweatshop mode. Our info systems at work have been on the blink this morn--Orders are stacking up... Warning lights are flashing down in quality control!)

Tell me about it my Stonesian Brother ....

...I am STILL pooping out them ' Jaggerbombs ' from Friday Evening !!!!!

*** PHEW **** !

Damn .......

Brown Stinkies ! ™
4th November 2007 08:44 PM
mojoman This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster, but an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.......
6th November 2007 08:13 AM
Gazza Living legend Page 'on the mend'

Page received a Gibson Les Paul guitar signed by Paul himself

Musician Jimmy Page has said the broken finger that led Led Zeppelin's reunion gig to be put back to 10 December will take "a little while to heal".

The guitarist, named a "living legend" at the Classic Rock awards, revealed he had fractured the little finger of his left hand in a fall in his garden.

"It's a nuisance because it's really needed," he told the BBC, adding that the damage was "not permanent".

"I've broken fingers before, a lot worse than this," he told reporters.

The iconic rock group are due to reform for one night only at London tribute concert in honour of late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

Page said at Monday night's awards the band would be playing "a lot of the songs that people would want to hear".

"We just got together and started playing and it started to take on its own shape."

At the end of the awards, the rock veteran was presented with a vintage Gibson Les Paul guitar by Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler.

Other honourees included rock stalwarts Status Quo, Jeff Wayne and the late Mick Ronson.

Singer Meat Loaf, however, was not present to collect a classic album award.

The Bat Out of Hell star is recovering from a bout of acute laryngitis that led him to cancel two concerts in his current UK tour.

His daughter, Pearl Aday, picked up the honour on his behalf.

Guests at the ceremony included Alice Cooper, Joan Jett, Lemmy from Motorhead and Fish from Marillion.

www.bbc.co.uk
6th November 2007 11:16 AM
Factory Girl
What do we think of the new Plan/Krauss cd "Raising Sand".

From the reviews, it seems to be too mellow. Not my cup of vodka.

6th November 2007 12:46 PM
polytoxic It's pretty darned good. Definitely mellow, although a couple of tracks have a rockabilly flavour. There's a particulary good cover of Benny Spellman's Fortune Teller, which most Stones fans would recognize from More Hot Rocks. The Starbucks set will eat it up for sure. Which is probably how it managed to debut at Number 2 on the US billboard charts.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)