ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More Ronnie Interview Stuff Return to archive
1st November 2007 11:28 AM
gimmekeef From Reuters..posted at Shidoobee....Doesnt really make me think April is set...unless he's keeping it under wraps..

Ronnie Wood "Reuters" Beginning 2008 promotion Shine A Light

November 1 , 2007
By Robert Gibbons

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood tells just about all in his new memoir, from how Keith Richards urged him to sober up at knifepoint, to a possible Faces reunion with Rod Stewart and a "sort of a warped rock star wife swap."

But one thing the book is not is a signal that the Rolling Stones are about to retire.

"This is not an indication of the band never doing anything again," Wood, 60, told Reuters in an interview for the release of "Ronnie: The Autobiography," from St. Martin's Press.

"We don't know," he said about any plans for another Stones CD or tour. "We're still coming down from the last one."

The next band project is the promotion of "Shine a Light," the documentary by filmmaker Martin Scorsese set to open in cinemas on April 4. Wood said it would be followed by "a little board meeting early next year" to determine the next step.

In his book, Wood chronicles a drug- and booze-laced journey filled with "dodgy" managers, financial woes and playing with the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces, both with pal Rod Stewart, before joining the Rolling Stones in the mid-1970s.

Wood reveals that his wife, Jo Wood, and Mick Jagger both intervened to convince him to go into substance abuse rehabilitation before the Stones tour of 2002.

"It was pure friendly thing, like 'Would you go?' I said, 'Of course.' I didn't think I was out of whack, but most people that are don't realize it anyway," he said. "I really did enjoy playing focused the last few tours sober."
Before his wife and Jagger got him into rehab, it was Richards who tried to help Wood sober up, sometimes drawing a knife or wielding a pistol in the process.

"It was like big brotherly, watching out for each other, and also, as brothers do, arguing and it gets out of hand, deranged," joked Wood.

"Somebody asked what did you do when Keith did have a knife at your throat? I'd say, 'OK, kill me,' and Keith would say, 'I would but your wife would have so much blood to clean up afterward.'"

WIFE SWAP

Wood describes "a sort of a warped rock star wife swap" in which George Harrison had an affair with Wood's first wife, Krissie Findley, and Wood with Harrison's first wife, Pattie Boyd, who later married Eric Clapton. Boyd and Clapton just published autobiographies.

"We all knew that Eric (Clapton) wanted Pattie, so I did this loving intermediary thing," Wood said.

Wood penned "Mystifies Me" and "Breathe on Me" about Boyd, who was the muse for Harrison's "Something," recorded with the Beatles, and Clapton's signature anthem "Layla."

"Pattie rang me and said 'My book's out and Eric's. I wonder if our stories match?' And I said, too late, they've already gone to print."

Stewart, with whom Wood wrote many tunes including "Stay With Me" and "Every Picture Tells a Story," recently has become known for crooning standards.

"You leave him alone in Hollywood a few years and what does he do? He becomes it," Wood joked. "We had a brief Jeff Beck Group reunion at a rehearsal last year or year before. I was playing bass and Rod was singing. It was fantastic."

A Faces reunion, with Stewart, keyboardist Ian McLagan and drummer Kenny Jones remains a possibility. Wood's son Jesse and the Sex Pistols' Glen Matlock have expressed interest in filling in on bass for the late Ronnie Lane.

"I know we're all willing to do it," he said.
1st November 2007 12:23 PM
gustavobala no, no, no jesse, no glen

TETSU ON BASS!!
1st November 2007 12:39 PM
glencar "Wood penned "Mystifies Me" and "Breathe on Me" about Boyd, who was the muse for Harrison's "Something," recorded with the Beatles, and Clapton's signature anthem "Layla."

My fave of all those songs is BOM. Patti Boyd was quite the muse!
1st November 2007 01:07 PM
gimmekeef There is a great live version of BOM....Ronnie at his absolute best....amazing version...
1st November 2007 01:21 PM
LoveinVainRonnie I fucking love Ronnie...He is one funny and creative guy.
I hope he kicks Rod's ass to join them for a Faces reunion. I hope Glen plays with them...
2nd November 2007 02:38 AM
IanBillen Not for anything but Woody now doing a tour with the Faces would in a way be a slap in the faces of The Rolling Stones=punn intended.

You know, Woody is a Stone now. Has been for so long. A different gig, a different person.

I know he has a right to do it. I really do. Still, I think he should stay on his prime gig as a Stone and keep Rolling that way.

I don't know.... I think Mick and Charlie "would/Wood" act semi-fine with it out front but I think there would be an underlying animosity towards him if he actually went through with an entire tour with The Faces now, at this point. You know, him being in the spotlight with his former group and all.

I think Keith may show some resentment from the start of it.

I know there would be a part of Keith that would resent it.

A short and sweet show, sure. Not a whole tour.

I think the rest of the band think Ronnie is their boy now (even at 60 years old).

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
2nd November 2007 08:53 AM
gimmekeef I think its more likely Keith would invite himself along as rhythm player....
2nd November 2007 11:56 AM
Dino37
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I think its more likely Keith would invite himself along as rhythm player....

He ain't good enough anymore. Unless he is getting his shit together, but the last tour...guy was too hit and miss. I hear he hammers the Shine a Light footage though, so maybe there is hope.
2nd November 2007 12:11 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dino37 wrote:

He ain't good enough anymore. Unless he is getting his shit together, but the last tour...guy was too hit and miss. I hear he hammers the Shine a Light footage though, so maybe there is hope.

Not good enough for the raggedy Faces?.....Shine A Light will be so overdubbed it will make ABB Austin sound like a distant audience recording...
2nd November 2007 04:51 PM
Dino37
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Not good enough for the raggedy Faces?.....Shine A Light will be so overdubbed it will make ABB Austin sound like a distant audience recording...

You make a good point.

As to the Faces, there is raggedy good and raggedy bad and just plain suck. Faces were raggedy GREAT.

Too many times this past tour Keith plain sucked.

And now he is looking fat. WTF Keith?? You have become the "Fat Stone". Never thought I would see that. Superficial of me? Sure. But RnR is superficial baby, and Keith is fat, and that just ain't RnR. Add to that he has lost his chops and well, I am kinda bummed about it.
2nd November 2007 04:53 PM
gimmekeef Ya me too Dino...hang in there maybe Wilma or Fred have a brontasaurus bone for you!
2nd November 2007 05:12 PM
glencar
quote:
Dino37 wrote:

You make a good point.

As to the Faces, there is raggedy good and raggedy bad and just plain suck. Faces were raggedy GREAT.

Too many times this past tour Keith plain sucked.

And now he is looking fat. WTF Keith?? You have become the "Fat Stone". Never thought I would see that. Superficial of me? Sure. But RnR is superficial baby, and Keith is fat, and that just ain't RnR. Add to that he has lost his chops and well, I am kinda bummed about it.

Please, leave Keith alone. 6 months home with Patti yelling at him & he'll get his priorities straight again!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)