ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Baltimore MD First Mariner Center - 1st February 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bernard Fowler 2nd show of three or more in Buenos Aires Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st October 2007 11:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7756
1st November 2007 09:38 AM
Quiquestone The reviews said it was a great show!

I´m gonna see him tonite!
1st November 2007 01:28 PM
BriansBabe Hey Quiquestone, my honey sweetheart, I wish you much fun......would love to go there as well, because I met Bernard many times during the ABB tour...but it´s a little bit to far away for me ...Well, if you come to word
say hello to him from me ...love, Alex
1st November 2007 02:37 PM
Quiquestone
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Hey Quiquestone, my honey sweetheart, I wish you much fun......would love to go there as well, because I met Bernard many times during the ABB tour...but it´s a little bit to far away for me ...Well, if you come to word say hello to him from me ...love, Alex

Thanks for your wish Alex!!!
It would be really nice to go to a show with you someday...
...Done...if I'm lucky enough to talk to him I'm going to say him hello from you...and if Bernard does still remember you, then I'm going to be very jealous. But wait a moment...weren't you "Brian's babe"?
Lovely wishes for you Alex!!!
...und vielen Küssen, almost yours Quique

[Edited by Quiquestone]
1st November 2007 04:51 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Quiquestone wrote:
Thanks for your wish Alex!!!
It would be really nice to go to a show with you someday...
...Done...if I'm lucky enough to talk to him I'm going to say him hello from you...and if Bernard does still remember you, then I'm going to be very jealous. But wait a moment...weren't you "Brian's babe"?
Lovely wishes for you Alex!!!
...und vielen Küssen, almost yours Quique

Welcome my dear ...Yes, I´m Brian´s babe, he is my number one...but don´t be jealous, you are of course my number two ...
Although Bernard used to kiss and hug me every time when we met ...I don´t think he remember me, because he met many Babe´s = LOL
Well, wish you fun again tonight and please tell us tomorrow how it was, will ya??

...viele Küsse zurück, yours, Alex

P.S.: Who knows, maybe we both go next year to the promotion tour of "Shine a light" join one or two shows together, that would be very good...
2nd November 2007 10:11 AM
Quiquestone My review:

It was a fantastic night and fantastic show!!!! The gig started at 11:52 pm with Small (from Friends With Privileges). The sound was very good and the band was solid and powerful and it looked that all of them were having much fun. It seems that Bernard could be a great frontman too. He spoke a few words in Spanish. Stones covers played: Beast Of Burden, Hey Negrita, Wild Horses, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Tumbling Dice, Hand Of Fate, Jumpin' Jack Flash and She's So Cold.
The show ended around 1:25 am.
For me the highlights were: Red House, Hand Of Fate (incredible long version in BF's style) and Jumpin´Jack Flash with Charly García (most known argentinian rocker)on keyboards and Sarcofago (from Ratones Paranoicos)on guitar.
I think Bernard enjoyed the night as much as we all did and promised to come back soon.
I was very lucky to be there. I drove happy back home!

2nd November 2007 04:26 PM
BriansBabe THANKS so much for your lovely review, Quique honey

You got that right, Bernard is an outstanding frontman... his beautiful rock and soul voice is very strong and he lays so much passion in his music and performance...what I find very impressive!!!

Well, thanks again for sharing your thoughts!!
I´m pleased to hear, that you had a good time !!!

Viele Küsse und bis bald, Alex
[Edited by BriansBabe]
2nd November 2007 05:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl some pix and reviews from the third show

http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7764

2nd November 2007 06:14 PM
BriansBabe Thanks Voodoo, looks like the audience was on stage with Bernard = LOL
And which one from this "Argentina sweethearts" is you Quique, hmmm??? Please tell us...
2nd November 2007 06:44 PM
fireontheplatter i have to say this guys singing puts me to sleep...which is not necessarily a bad thing.

its cool he is part of the stones and all, but i find him rather boreing
3rd November 2007 08:58 AM
Quiquestone
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i have to say this guys singing puts me to sleep...which is not necessarily a bad thing.

its cool he is part of the stones and all, but i find him rather boreing

Believe me fireontheplatter...it was a great gig, btw it was like a very funny party!!!! Everything was cool!
Bernard played the best version of Hand Of Fate I´ve ever heard. He has an incredible passion, like BriansBabe said. I enjoyed his own compositions as much as the Stones covers. If he ever come back to my city I would like to join him again.
Regards, Quiquestone
3rd November 2007 09:17 AM
Quiquestone
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Thanks Voodoo, looks like the audience was on stage with Bernard = LOL
And which one from this "Argentina sweethearts" is you Quique, hmmm??? Please tell us...

...Yeah, you're right Alex, we were real close to the stage!!!
I was left front of the stage, but I'm not on the pics.

How many ABB shows did you atend? Did you ever join a Bernard gig?
Please, tell me Alex, I would like to know you a little more...
Du bist sehr süss! Bis bald, Quique
3rd November 2007 09:20 AM
Quiquestone I would like to see more photos from Bernard Fowler in Argentina. Anybody have someones to post? Many thanks in advance!
3rd November 2007 12:03 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Quiquestone wrote:
...Yeah, you're right Alex, we were real close to the stage!!!
I was left front of the stage, but I'm not on the pics.

How many ABB shows did you atend? Did you ever join a Bernard gig?
Please, tell me Alex, I would like to know you a little more...
Du bist sehr süss! Bis bald, Quique

Thanks my dear...
Ahm, I will try to put this in a few words, although this is a bit difficult:
I have seen about 20 Shows from the ABB tour...started in Boston 2005, Hartford, Ottawa...and ended this year with the London Shows...
My first Stones Concert was 1995 during the " Voodoo Lounge"
tour...then a few "Bridges to Babylon"...
My highlight during the "Licks" tour was a club concert in
Munich...
I used to follow the Stones with my older sister, and I fear we both are well known surrounding the Stones bodygards hanging around every Stones-hotel...lol
In Boston we had the luck to shake hands with Mick, which was really amazing, as you can maybe imagine ...

Well now to Bernard, sure, I saw him...during his tour with "Bad dogs" in Germany this spring...
I also saw him with "Tim Ries, Rolling Stones Project" in London and Munich...

Now it´s your turn honey ...tell me more about you and the Stones and so on...

Bis bald süsser , Alex

3rd November 2007 04:59 PM
Quiquestone
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Thanks my dear...
Ahm, I will try to put this in a few words, although this is a bit difficult:
I have seen about 20 Shows from the ABB tour...started in Boston 2005, Hartford, Ottawa...and ended this year with the London Shows...
My first Stones Concert was 1995 during the " Voodoo Lounge"
tour...then a few "Bridges to Babylon"...
My highlight during the "Licks" tour was a club concert in
Munich...
I used to follow the Stones with my older sister, and I fear we both are well known surrounding the Stones bodygards hanging around every Stones-hotel...lol
In Boston we had the luck to shake hands with Mick, which was really amazing, as you can maybe imagine ...

Well now to Bernard, sure, I saw him...during his tour with "Bad dogs" in Germany this spring...
I also saw him with "Tim Ries, Rolling Stones Project" in London and Munich...

Now it´s your turn honey ...tell me more about you and the Stones and so on...

Bis bald süsser , Alex

WOW more than 20 ABB shows, that´s cool Alex! If you detail me exactly the list of all the concerts you´ve been, I´ll try to get every recording of those shows...so I could play them and hear you singing sweetly!!! Das ist was Ich heisse Liebe!!! LOL.

Unlike you, I could see The Rolling Stones only in my hometown. But at least I saw them the 12 times they have played here and all at the same venue. My first Stones Concert was in 1995 and my last in 2006. I also saw Keith in 1992 and Mick Taylor in 1993 (I think).

I think I have a bootleg from your highlight München concert. Is it that one from the 8th June 2003 at the Circus Krone? Fantastic show! I have liked this show since the first time I heard it, but now that I know that you were there that night, it will turn much more enjoyable for me.
I know you were at London last August, that were 3 shows to be, no doubt about it!

As you can see sweetie, you live in the first world and I in the third one...

Well, keep in touch sweetheart.
Ich wünsche Dich ein gutes Sontag.

3rd November 2007 11:59 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Quiquestone wrote:
WOW more than 20 ABB shows, that´s cool Alex! If you detail me exactly the list of all the concerts you´ve been, I´ll try to get every recording of those shows...so I could play them and hear you singing sweetly!!! Das ist was Ich heisse Liebe!!! LOL.

Unlike you, I could see The Rolling Stones only in my hometown. But at least I saw them the 12 times they have played here and all at the same venue. My first Stones Concert was in 1995 and my last in 2006. I also saw Keith in 1992 and Mick Taylor in 1993 (I think).

I think I have a bootleg from your highlight München concert. Is it that one from the 8th June 2003 at the Circus Krone? Fantastic show! I have liked this show since the first time I heard it, but now that I know that you were there that night, it will turn much more enjoyable for me.
I know you were at London last August, that were 3 shows to be, no doubt about it!

As you can see sweetie, you live in the first world and I in the third one...

Well, keep in touch sweetheart.
Ich wünsche Dich ein gutes Sontag.

Hey my dear,
we should open a new thread only for us both... called: "Quique and Babe....Part1" lol...

It´s late at night here in Germany 4am (or early in the morning)...but I wanna give you a short answer befor I´ll go to bed
...have a "Martini" infront of me, so excuse me, if I´m a bit silly...

Well, you got that right, I was in Circus Krone!!!! And have also a bootleg ...this was the best thing I ever saw with the Stones!!! Nothing can top this...
And by the way, 12 Concerts in Argentina are maybe better than 200 in other countries ...I can imagine the audience there is always in high spirits...

Now one word to your first and third World remark - you got that wrong - we all live in ONE WORLD - I have spent a lot of money for the Stones, but that do not mean that I have a lot of it = lol
I must resign of many other things to do this...
But I think, I will never regret this, if I once sit in a rocking chair, as an old lady...

Wow, I don´t know why I talk all these things to you...lol
I type here a really amount of words, that is a bit funny, isn´t it?
Altough I wanna tell you more ...I better go to sleep now...
Good night my sweetie,
and yes, sure, we keep in touch (but the next time we write an pm)

4th November 2007 01:00 AM
Quiquestone
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Hey my dear,
we should open a new thread only for us both... called: "Quique and Babe....Part1" lol...

It´s late at night here in Germany 4am (or early in the morning)...but I wanna give you a short answer befor I´ll go to bed
...have a "Martini" infront of me, so excuse me, if I´m a bit silly...

Well, you got that right, I was in Circus Krone!!!! And have also a bootleg ...this was the best thing I ever saw with the Stones!!! Nothing can top this...
And by the way, 12 Concerts in Argentina are maybe better than 200 in other countries ...I can imagine the audience there is always in high spirits...

Now one word to your first and third World remark - you got that wrong - we all live in ONE WORLD - I have spent a lot of money for the Stones, but that do not mean that I have a lot of it = lol
I must resign of many other things to do this...
But I think, I will never regret this, if I once sit in a rocking chair, as an old lady...

Wow, I don´t know why I talk all these things to you...lol
I type here a really amount of words, that is a bit funny, isn´t it?
Altough I wanna tell you more ...I better go to sleep now...
Good night my sweetie,
and yes, sure, we keep in touch (but the next time we write an pm)

What a sofisticated, polite, wise, nice, kind and beautiful lady you are Alex!
4th November 2007 09:04 AM
BriansBabe
quote:
Quiquestone wrote:
What a sofisticated, polite, wise, nice, kind and beautiful lady you are Alex!

Wow, thanks so much!!!!!! But from what will you know, if I´m beautiful or not????? Have you seen perhaps a pic from me in one of these many London show threads???? Hmmmm???
Please tell!!!
4th November 2007 12:00 PM
Estela 2 videos taken by my daughter Paola... Amazing show!
Bernard is a great musician!

http://video.google.es/videoplay?do...earch&plindex=4

4th November 2007 01:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Can't see the videos Estela, only "loading" but never loaded
4th November 2007 01:34 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Can't see the videos Estela, only "loading" but never loaded

...with me, it´s the same...can´t see the videos...but I wanna ...grrrr...shit..arrr...
Any ideas Estela???
4th November 2007 01:44 PM
Estela I dont know what happens... Try with http://video.google.es/videosearch?...=bernard+fowler
4th November 2007 03:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The same with that link Estela, but with the one you sent me by e-mail it worked

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=4985729758854536712

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=-8810261803524831714
4th November 2007 03:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://video.google.es/ and search for Bernard Fowler
4th November 2007 05:40 PM
BriansBabe Jiipppii, it works....very cooool and lovely...100 000 times THANKS to Estela and Voodoo!!!
4th November 2007 06:39 PM
Quiquestone
quote:
Estela wrote:
2 videos taken by my daughter Paola... Amazing show!
Bernard is a great musician!

http://video.google.es/videoplay?do...earch&plindex=4

Gracias Paola, Estela y Voodoo.

¡Estela, te felicito por la entrevista a Bernard en el hotel!
Tenés más fotos para compartir además de las ya subidas, las subirías por favor!

Gracias y saludos,
Quique
4th November 2007 07:00 PM
Quiquestone
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Wow, thanks so much!!!!!! But from what will you know, if I´m beautiful or not????? Have you seen perhaps a pic from me in one of these many London show threads???? Hmmmm???
Please tell!!!

Honey, I don't need to know you physically to be sure you are a beauty!!! Besides with such a sweetness and kindness you can't look bad at all! And there exists an inner beauty too.
And yes, finally to be totally honest with you...I saw some pics from a pub in London, but I'm not sure if that was you or not (anyway I liked what I saw...).

I wünsche Dich eine sehr gute Woche, bis bald,
tschüss, Quique

[Edited by Quiquestone]
4th November 2007 07:06 PM
Estela Muchas gracias, Quique! Very kind of you!
I have more pics that didn't post because they are similar to the published ones.

And 2 from the backstage in La Trastienda.

4th November 2007 08:22 PM
Quiquestone Many thanks Estela! I have seen those pics before at BdP. they are great btw!
I'm particulary looking for pics from the gig at Jack Flash Cafe, show which I attended and as you know was incredible.
There were a lot of people with cams, so I would like to get so many pics as possible. I already have the ones from Marcelo and "stoned" posted at BdP.
Thanks for posting La Nación today's article too.

Please tell me if a recording (audio) from Jack Flash Cafe, Soul Cafe or La Trastienda is available. I hope so! I really want something from Bernard in Buenos Aires!

Gracias y seguimos en contacto,
Quique

PS: cool avatar!
4th November 2007 08:26 PM
Quiquestone Jack Flash Cafe 2007-011-01 Setlist

Small
Pop That Thang
Cinnamon Girl
Beast Of Burden
Hey Negrita
Wild Horses
Your Future
Never Met A Girl
You Know What I Mean
Red House
Tumbling Dice
Hand Of Fate
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Jumpin Jack Flash *
She’s So Cold *

* Encores with Argentine musicians

Please let me know if I am wrong! Corrections are welcome!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)