ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
Video uploaded and provided by Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ROLLING STONES TO SCRAP REMAINDER OF TOUR? Return to archive
11th November 2006 11:31 AM
moy ROLLING STONES TO SCRAP REMAINDER OF TOUR?

Groovevolt.com has learned exclusively that the Rolling Stones might be forced to scrap the final five dates of the current leg of its Bigger Bang tour.

According to sources who wish to remain anonymous, 63-year-old frontman Mick Jagger continues to have significant problems with his vocal cords, and the band might be forced to scrap its upcoming shows in Las Vegas, Nevada; Nampa, Idaho; Atlantic City, New Jersey; Los Angeles, California; and Vancouver, British Columbia.

Attempts to contact the band’s management prior to press time were unsuccessful.

The band postponed its Atlantic City performance, October 27, several hours before the band was to hit the stage. A woman from Brooklyn, New York, is suing the band for $51 million accusing the group of fraud and in acting in bad faith because of the cancellation.

Earlier this month, the group canceled a November 22 show at Honolulu, Hawaii’s Aloha Stadium and rescheduled the aforementioned Vancouver show from November 3 to November 25. The band also rescheduled its Oakland, California show from Sunday (November 5) to Monday (November 6); the aforementioned Los Angeles show from November 18 to November 22; and a New York City show to November 1 on the advice of Jagger’s doctor.

In August, the band was forced to reschedule several dates in Europe due to Jagger’s throat problems.
11th November 2006 11:35 AM
glencar This looked like "bollocks" yesterday but now it seems Mick has flown back to the UK to be with his Dad.
11th November 2006 11:56 AM
robpop This is a sad unfortunate incident, not like the AC horseshit. Mick and his father are in the hearts of all Stones fans around the world.
11th November 2006 12:11 PM
StarvinMarvin Entertainment

News - Music, movie, Entertainment
JAGGER ABANDONS TOUR TO BE WITH SICK FATHER
Print article
Refer to a friend
Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
heres the latest from PR-inside.com

2006-11-11 16:00:13 -

LATEST: SIR MICK JAGGER has abandoned THE ROLLING STONES' American tour to be at his desperately ill father's bedside in the UK. JOE JAGGER, 95, reportedly punctured a lung and fractured two ribs in a fall at his southern England home last Friday (03NOV06).
The BROWN SUGAR singer has been joined at his father's bedside by ex-wife JERRY HALL. A close friend tells British newspaper The Sun, "Mick heard on Thursday he'd taken a turn for the worse and wanted to be there in case it turned out to be his final few days.
11th November 2006 12:14 PM
LadyJane My heart goes out to Mick.

I will be requesting my AC refund immediately.

LJ
11th November 2006 12:25 PM
StarvinMarvin Here's the lastest story in The Sun:

Jagger's hospital dash to dad

November 11, 2006

SIR Mick Jagger jetted into the UK to be at the bedside of his desperately ill father yesterday.
Mick rushed back from touring the US after being told dad Joe, 95, was fighting for life.
The Rolling Stone was joined by brother Chris at a South London hospital, where Joe has been receiving treatment since injuring himself in a fall eight days ago.
A pal of Mick, 63, said: “Mick heard on Thursday he’d taken a turn for the worse and wanted to be there in case it turned out to be his final few days.”
Mick’s ex Jerry Hall, 50, is also believed to have visited frail Joe.
Doctors believe Joe punctured a lung and fractured two ribs in the heavy tumble last Friday.
A Stones spokesman said the band’s show in Las Vegas tonight was “50-50 and all depending on Joe’s condition”.
11th November 2006 12:26 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
My heart goes out to Mick.

I will be requesting my AC refund immediately.

LJ

I might do the same! Let's see what happens with tonight's show.
11th November 2006 12:29 PM
StarvinMarvin I guess it's too early to say one way or another what's going to happen. If there's a chance Mick will make it back to Vegas in time for the concert tonight, then it's also to early to speculate on the fate of the rest of the tour.
11th November 2006 12:44 PM
PeerQueer More than Mick's father's health is at play here.

This tour is winding down much faster - and European dates to be revised/altered/cancelled altogether.

11th November 2006 12:45 PM
mrhipfl I would respect their decisiion to cancel the tour. It's been a long-ass tour and the stones have been through a lot. Wood's brother, Mick's throat and dad, the record caompany dude (sorry, I forgot his name)....
11th November 2006 12:45 PM
Dan here is what I just posted on Shidoobee and it's worth repeating here:

If Mick would have to drop off this close to the end of the tour, I say carry on without him and offer refunds to anyone who doesn't like it. Maybe they can play the Universal or Long Beach Arena instead of Dodger Stadium. Didn't Charlie say in a recent interview he would be willing to carry on without Mick? Even a bastardized Stones/Winos/Barbarians set would be nice. The Tim Reis Project could open.
11th November 2006 12:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
This looked like "bollocks" yesterday but now it seems Mick has flown back to the UK to be with his Dad.

Mick flew back to the UK immediately after the Phoenix show. It had nothing to do with his voice, as everyone knows. That had been planned before the show took place.

Two reliable sources e-mailed me Thursday to confirm that Las Vegas is still on. One of them was speaking to his dad only yesterday, who happens to be working on the tour, and he mentioned NOTHING about cancellations due to Mick's supposed voice problems. The other e-mail included a confirmation of the show going ahead directly from the Stones' publicist

The tour will continue as planned, as far as I can see

[Edited by Gazza]
11th November 2006 01:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
Here's the lastest story in The Sun:

Jagger's hospital dash to dad

November 11, 2006

SIR Mick Jagger jetted into the UK to be at the bedside of his desperately ill father yesterday.
Mick rushed back from touring the US after being told dad Joe, 95, was fighting for life.
The Rolling Stone was joined by brother Chris at a South London hospital, where Joe has been receiving treatment since injuring himself in a fall eight days ago.
A pal of Mick, 63, said: “Mick heard on Thursday he’d taken a turn for the worse and wanted to be there in case it turned out to be his final few days.”
Mick’s ex Jerry Hall, 50, is also believed to have visited frail Joe.
Doctors believe Joe punctured a lung and fractured two ribs in the heavy tumble last Friday.
A Stones spokesman said the band’s show in Las Vegas tonight was “50-50 and all depending on Joe’s condition”.

Slight and significant inaccuracy in that 'exclusive'. I was told on Wednesday morning that Mick would be flying home after that night's show, so the story that Mick only 'heard' about it on Thursday is utter nonsense.

As some of you know, this story wasnt posted here to respect Mick's privacy and because it would be obvious that if it was, the tabloids would be all over it and would twist it accordingly. Plain to see they lived down to their lowly reputation.
11th November 2006 03:10 PM
glencar I hope NOBODY canceled their palns for next weekend because of all this tabloid stuff!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)