ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
Video uploaded and provided by Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vegas Off Tonight? Return to archive
11th November 2006 08:18 AM
Honky Tonk Man According to newspaper reports here in the UK, Mick Jagger flew into London yesterday (10th Sept) to see his frail dad in hospital. A Stones spokesperson commented thar tonights show was "50-50, depending on Joes conditon"
11th November 2006 09:58 AM
Bitch Hi HT Man!
Since you live in the UK, has there been any TV coverage showing MICK is actually there? Or reports of Joe's condition and progress?

With rumors and speculation flying, its hard to know what to believe about it. Wonder if MICK can make it back in time, thats about a 12 hour flight! Seems unlikely IMO.
11th November 2006 10:34 AM
roadster32 http://www.pr-inside.com/jagger-abandons-tour-to-be-with-sick-father-r25526.htm
11th November 2006 10:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, certainly can't blame Mick for wanting to be there with Joe.

This last US leg of the tour has just been one disaster after another, and laced with tragedy as well.

I think maybe it's time to just retreat and live to fight another day.
11th November 2006 11:18 AM
glencar This is sad news. I hope his Dad recovers.
11th November 2006 11:42 AM
Bitch At the ripe old age of 95, it's doubtful. Looking on the bright side, if MICK inherited his daddy's genes, we could have MICK around for another 30 years!
11th November 2006 12:21 PM
Dan Just about everyone I know was also going to see The Who AND The Pretenders last night or Joan Jett and Throw Rag so it aint a total wash if the show doesn't happen.
11th November 2006 02:21 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Dan wrote:
Just about everyone I know was also going to see The Who AND The Pretenders last night or Joan Jett and Throw Rag so it aint a total wash if the show doesn't happen.

By the way, I saw JOAN JETT last weekend in san francisco. I went on kind of a lark, but I have to say...IT FREAKIN ROCKED. Catch her if you can.
11th November 2006 03:00 PM
Gazza MGM's events office is denying this show is off, according to a text I just got from SweetVirginia. She had contacted them because of the 'Sun' story.
11th November 2006 03:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Hi HT Man!
Since you live in the UK, has there been any TV coverage showing MICK is actually there? Or reports of Joe's condition and progress?

With rumors and speculation flying, its hard to know what to believe about it. Wonder if MICK can make it back in time, thats about a 12 hour flight! Seems unlikely IMO.

There hasnt been. In fairness, its not a significant enough story to warrant TV coverage

As he was back in the UK on Thursday, that would give him plenty of time to get back to Las Vegas on Friday in time for a show on Saturday evening.
11th November 2006 03:07 PM
Dan
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

By the way, I saw JOAN JETT last weekend in san francisco. I went on kind of a lark, but I have to say...IT FREAKIN ROCKED. Catch her if you can.

Too late! They played the same day as Aerosmith/Motley Crue. Plan C had me getting on Throw Rag's list, seeing them then running down the street and getting a cheap last minute ticket outside but a lowball offer on a good pair was accepted so that became thee show of the evening. Saw Joan Jett in 1999 in Palmdale and also seen Throw Rag dozens of times but not recently

11th November 2006 05:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

My friend went and got in a fight with some lame ass Marina chick!
Throw Rag is GREAT live!
11th November 2006 06:04 PM
Factory Girl I wish Joe Jagger a speedy recovery! And, I know Mick has Killer genes from Joe and Eva Jagger!

Hi HT Man!
11th November 2006 06:42 PM
Gazza Mick is in Las Vegas. Tonight's show will go ahead as planned. 'The Sun' is full of malevolent shit, as usual.
11th November 2006 06:45 PM
Bitch Thanks for the news Gazza!
11th November 2006 06:46 PM
SweetVirginia Doug is reporting on Shidoobee that Mick's dad has passed away.

RIP Joe.

11th November 2006 06:51 PM
Gazza Mick apparently was told of it when he arrived in Vegas. How sad.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)