ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
Video uploaded and provided by Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ed Bradley of '60 Minutes' Dies Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th November 2006 12:23 PM
Nellcote Ed Bradley of '60 Minutes' Dies

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, November 9, 2006; 12:08 PM

Ed Bradley, the veteran "60 Minutes" correspondent and one of the pioneering black journalists of his generation, died today. He was 65.

Bradley, who had won 19 Emmy awards, covered an incredible array of stories after joining the CBS newsmagazine in 1981, from brain cancer to sexual abuse in the Catholic Church to the high school shootings at Columbine.

He also reported a number of award-winning documentaries, covered political conventions and filled in on the "CBS Evening News" and other programs.

Bradley remained active on "60 Minutes," but he had been ill for some time and underwent heart surgery about a year ago.

"He was this gentle giant," said Bob Schieffer, CBS's chief Washington correspondent and a close friend. "He just did so much for so many African-American kids. He was a great role model."

RIP, he always had great pieces on 60 Min about The Stones, along with other rock figures, such as Dylan
9th November 2006 12:31 PM
Nellcote
9th November 2006 12:33 PM
Joey

RIP Ed
9th November 2006 12:34 PM
Fiji Joe Thanks for posting...I didn't know
9th November 2006 12:40 PM
Nellcote Just the facts (Jack Webb)
Spell check was used, article & archivical footage provided.
9th November 2006 12:45 PM
Nellcote When I die, I will post my own thread.
9th November 2006 12:49 PM
glencar You'll outlast us all!
9th November 2006 12:49 PM
glencar RIP Ed.
9th November 2006 12:50 PM
lotsajizz Ed was cool

the Glimmer Twins outlast another one
[Edited by lotsajizz]
9th November 2006 12:53 PM
glencar Outlast? He's 2 years older than them. Or was, anyway.
9th November 2006 12:55 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Outlast? He's 2 years older than them. Or was, anyway.

9th November 2006 01:00 PM
glencar Yes & Mick's 63 & Keef's a month away from that.
9th November 2006 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes & Mick's 63 & Keef's a month away from that.

I liked Ed until that U2 piece.
9th November 2006 01:08 PM
LadyJane This is so non funny.

LJ.
9th November 2006 01:10 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This is so non funny.

LJ.

It is very funny LJ!!!!!!!!!!!
9th November 2006 01:18 PM
Nellcote LJ, I attempted to provide factual information about a man's passing, who had Stones connections.
This was done in a rapid manner, with respect to the man's history. Additionally, I provided archivical footage to bring a face to the issue. About a month ago, I provided the same information about Freddy Fender, when he passed away. I am considering a Wikapedia reference page about myself, so when the time comes, all the facts will be known.
Finally, I will look for sponsors of one thread here at RO, as well appoint a Minister of Communication of this event, so as to avoid the circus which this has become.
I thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
9th November 2006 01:18 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
LJ, I attempted to provide factual information about a man's passing, who had Stones connections.
This was done in a rapid manner, with respect to the man's history. Additionally, I provided archivical footage to bring a face to the issue. About a month ago, I provided the same information about Freddy Fender, when he passed away. I am considering a Wikapedia reference page about myself, so when the time comes, all the facts will be known.
Finally, I will look for sponsors of one thread here at RO, as well appoint a Minister of Communication of this event, so as to avoid the circus which this has become.

Kerry gets the last laugh my friend!!!
9th November 2006 01:19 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
LJ, I attempted to provide factual information about a man's passing, who had Stones connections.

OKay...NOW I'm laughing.

LJ.
9th November 2006 01:20 PM
Nellcote
JB:

As George Carlin said this morning, we have a Brand New Set of Criminals. Only took 12 years, what does that tell you?
How are those Stones concerts in Florida going?
[Edited by Nellcote]
9th November 2006 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

JB:

As George Carlin said this morning, we have a Brand New Set of Criminals. Only took 12 years, what does that tell you?
How are those Stones concerts in Florida going?
[Edited by Nellcote]

We won fair and square....and we did it in an envionment controlled by Fox News, The NY Post, and all of talk radio. The conservative hold of the media pulled out all of their fear factors, but we, the silent majority, overcame this hateful group.
9th November 2006 01:27 PM
Nellcote Right you are.
Embarrsing to say it took 12 years, no?
Additionally, I find it humorous that Haliburton was not blamed for any voting violations, or that there was no hanging chad incident.
Dem Mayor of Bahston did not authorize enough ballots to polling places, so voters were turned away.
Mayor actually said "we would have brought more, but in the past, not many people voted"
Dem Attorney General is now going to sue the city.
Funny no Dem is complaing about this (he says in his Andy Rooney voice)
9th November 2006 01:31 PM
jb Ted Kenndedy will get his chairmanship back, and we will move forward quickly with an inclusive agenda. We will not let you down.
9th November 2006 01:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'll bet Katie's thinking now. She said she went to CBS so she could do 60 Minutes....and besides she's NOT going to make it as anchor.
9th November 2006 01:39 PM
Nellcote C'mon JB, it's just moving the deck chairs around on the Titanic and you know it.
9th November 2006 01:43 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
C'mon JB, it's just moving the deck chairs around on the Titanic and you know it.

Bush's legacy is the 2 Supreme Court Judges that he got itn-probably the most important thing other than Iraq. The court is now decidely conservative. We, atleast, can try to stop any more of these fanatical judges getting appointed.
9th November 2006 02:14 PM
*ginda Very sad news indeed. It's hard for me to picture him without hearing the ticking of the 60 Minutes clock. A stand up guy who will be missed.
9th November 2006 03:22 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nelly..YOUR thread has an official feel to it whereas the others are just copycat wanna bes..

I always liked Ed Bradley. May he Rest in Peace

P.S. Gazza don't delete this thread
9th November 2006 03:25 PM
lotsajizz Nellcote, you don't deal with the nutbag fascists appointed by Shrub on a daily basis as do Josh and I. From experience, I can tell you that judicial appointments are probably the most important power that flows from an electoral win.
9th November 2006 03:36 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Nellcote, you don't deal with the nutbag fascists appointed by Shrub on a daily basis as do Josh and I. From experience, I can tell you that judicial appointments are probably the most important power that flows from an electoral win.

100% correct. We are the last stance b/t democracy and tyranny. We are the last hope this country has. We are overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. We should be thanked by every member of this board for protecting the liberties you have!!! Without us, you would be living in a country without laws...Next time you see a lawyer, thank him/her for their service to this nation.
9th November 2006 03:38 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct. We are the last stance b/t democracy and tyranny. We are the last hope this country has. We are overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. We should be thanked by every member of this board for protecting the liberties you have!!! Without us, you would be living in a country without laws...Next time you see a lawyer, thank him/her for their service to this nation.

And give your CPA a big hug and kiss.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)