ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yasser is Dead Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
November 10th, 2004 11:10 PM
Poplar
Dead at 75. May peace follow.
November 10th, 2004 11:13 PM
Bloozehound
November 11th, 2004 12:04 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Poplar wrote:
May peace follow.

This is a 'keep on dreaming' case I'm afraid, although I hope for peace just as much. In fact, I'm hoping for 'restored' peace in my own turmoiled little country right now...
November 11th, 2004 12:23 AM
telecaster
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

This is a 'keep on dreaming' case I'm afraid, although I hope for peace just as much. In fact, I'm hoping for 'restored' peace in my own turmoiled little country right now...

Angie I have read, watched and seen what is going on in your great, great country. Tough times but the Dutch
more than anyone can handle tough times and survive

Stand firm

tele

November 11th, 2004 12:32 AM
gypsy I turn my back for one second, and you're hitting on Angie. You bastard.
November 11th, 2004 12:34 AM
Poplar
We ALL hit on Angie.
November 11th, 2004 12:38 AM
Sir Stonesalot So Arafat is dead.....good riddance. I hope he's rotting in whatever his religion's version of hell is.

My hope is that his heir isn't a viscious murdering terrorist like Yassar.

Yeah, right.

Angie....stay safe, live free.
November 11th, 2004 12:39 AM
Poplar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

no joke.
November 11th, 2004 12:40 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I turn my back for one second, and you're hitting on Angie. You bastard.

I thought you were asleep! I swear, I was just checking out the posts from the day at RO. Like nanky was just helping that sheep over the fence

Pumpkin it is you, always you. You know that

Angie and her country are having really bad time
We are there for them

On the bright side, I have some suprises coming up for
RO. Oh ya, tele in action. Be kind

November 11th, 2004 12:41 AM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So Arafat is dead.....good riddance. I hope he's rotting in whatever his religion's version of hell is.

Yeah, right.

Angie....stay safe, live free.

SS, HOWE is the '73 Vette coming along?

Update please
November 11th, 2004 01:31 AM
gypsy I thought SS was getting a Chevette?
November 11th, 2004 01:35 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Poplar wrote:
We ALL hit on Angie.

See, now that's more like it!
November 11th, 2004 01:37 AM
gypsy You should see the PM's I send Angie---XXX-rated.
November 11th, 2004 01:40 AM
Angiegirl They're really spicy! I can use the heat during these cold winter days we're having here
November 11th, 2004 01:49 AM
gypsy Dutch chicks are the best!
November 11th, 2004 02:00 AM
Sir Stonesalot RE: The Vette.

Drove one that caught my eye. Sweet red '73 Stingray. It was a fuckin' DOG. Couldn't even chirp the tires slamming into 2nd gear. No fuckin' pick up at all. That just will not do. And it was WAY overpriced. I'm not even gonna make an offer.

If they all drive like that, I'll go with some muscle instead...a GTO, or another Chevelle SS...maybe a '68 or '69 Camaro SS. I gotta have something that fuckin' MOVES, ya know? Shit n git. When I get on the throttle, I want the thing to leap down the road.

I dunno. I got my eyes, options, and checkbook open. I'll know the one when I see it.
November 11th, 2004 02:13 AM
gypsy I've always thought you should go with a muscle car. But I thought the 'Vette was your dream. You just strike me more as the muscle car type. Do you watch "Overhaulin'?" I love that show.
November 11th, 2004 02:42 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy...I have always wanted a Vette. But if they all drive like the one I tried out last weekend...I don't want one.

I don't watch much TV. Is Overhaulin anything like Pimp My Ride?

If I end up with some American muscle, I may have to grow a mullet and start wearing gas jockey shirts.
November 11th, 2004 03:21 AM
gypsy No...the two shows are nothing alike. Check your PM.
November 11th, 2004 04:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Dead at 75. May peace follow.

I hope he rots. There's a bizarre irony of him dying on Armistice Day
[Edited by Gazza]
November 11th, 2004 06:14 AM
nankerphelge Finally -- I thought he'd never leave.
How that murderous shit got a Nobel prize is beyond me!

As for the 'vette -- try a '69 with the 427! Not the stingray style and a bit heavier, but that stock big block is full of piss and vinegar when driven by the correct armor-clad type!
November 11th, 2004 07:22 AM
Mr Hess That asshole!
The good Lord AIN'T gonna shine a light on him!
November 11th, 2004 07:24 AM
Maxlugar True on both fronts Nanks.

The '73 is a year or two into the start of the wimpy phase of Corvette.

Personally, I'd go for the 1967 or 1968 Firebird Convertable with the 400 engine and posi rear. Ballsy!

My father had one when I was growing up and that car is the shit.

I will haved one again within three years.

I also love the '67 GTO. 60's Pontiacs are my favorite.

November 11th, 2004 07:34 AM
piratekeef Many stones have been cast in this ongoing conflict. No pun intended. People need peace down there. Yasser was controversial - no doubt about it. However, I'm pretty sure he'll not "rot in hell" as some people out there would like to imagine. After all the shit he and his people endured. It's a pity there had been such an ongoing media controversy about his whereabouts. They even had put him in a grave already.... Never have experienced such a disgusting discussion before. This includes both sides.

November 11th, 2004 07:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
piratekeef wrote:
Many stones have been cast in this ongoing conflict. No pun intended. People need peace down there. Yasser was controversial - no doubt about it. However, I'm pretty sure he'll not "rot in hell" as some people out there would like to imagine. After all the shit he and his people endured. It's a pity there had been such an ongoing media controversy about his whereabouts. They even had put him in a grave already.... Never have experienced such a disgusting discussion before. This includes both sides.

You make some good points at the end there that I'd agree with, but with respect, I'm not taking sides in my comments as I dont have a personal axe to grind in that conflict . Regardless of his latter day 'respectability' in the eyes of many people, he was the leader of an organisation that butchered innocent people who had done him no harm. Personally, I feel the same way about any terrorist organisation that does that, regardless of their cause. |Having to endure hardship is not an excuse for blowing people up. I do hope, as Poplar's original post stated that "peace will follow" and I'd acknowledge there were worse people involved in that conflict than Arafat, but I wont mourn his demise as the passing of a great statesman.
November 11th, 2004 08:13 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Regardless of his latter day 'respectability' in the eyes of many people, he was the leader of an organisation that butchered innocent people who had done him no harm. Personally, I feel the same way about any terrorist organisation that does that, regardless of their cause.

Alright Gazza, then I hope you'd feel the same about the american terrorism around the world as well...

See, in today's civilized world, on the one hand you got some acts that are called "terroristic" and on the other hand you got the same bloody acts but when they're done by the US, they're called "war on terrorism", "war for peace" and "setting the world free". On both accounts, innocent people are being killed. Killed.

I guess life has a different price around the world.

P.S. No pun or anything personal intended either of course, just a remark.
[Edited by FotiniD]
November 11th, 2004 08:26 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Dutch chicks are the best!

On a very personal note, I married a Dutch/American chick
who happened to own a 'Vette

She was a a '64 model and the Vette was a '72

Good lord, the money I sank into that fricking car to keep her happy. I think we drove it about 8 miles

Let's see....$17000 divided by 8, carry the nine...

She took the fully refurbished and mint condition (on my dime) Vette when she left

And I have been smiling ever since

I remain, your loyal friend

telecaster

November 11th, 2004 08:31 AM
Maxlugar Terrorsits kill innoncent civilians because it's the goal.

When the US or any western country kills innocent civilians it is a horrible accident.

We go far out of our way to make sure that doesn't happen. But it does and it's unfortunate.

For you to make a moral equivilance of the two is just outrageous.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
November 11th, 2004 08:40 AM
nankerphelge Thank you!
November 11th, 2004 08:57 AM
telecaster jb. Congrats on this happy day for you

In your honor, Maxlugar, joey and I are having lunch
at "The Butt Hutt" at 12:30

I believe gypsy is showing up as well

On a side note, the 2001 Firebird is the 2nd fastest
production car outside of the Dodge Viper

0-60 4.8

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6