ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who getting their act together Return to archive
November 10th, 2004 03:06 PM
Hannalee Extract from Pete Townshend's latest diary entry:

I need to clarify a few things I think.

Back to Diary Dates
NEW WHO ALBUM – WHO2 will not be a concept album. That is, in itself, a concept for me. Roger and I meet in mid December to play what we have written. If we move ahead from there, we may have a CD ready to release in the spring. My working-title for the project - ‘Who2’ - is only partly tongue-in-cheek. If the recording works out we will tour with the usual band in the first half of 2005.

THE BOY WHO HEARD MUSIC is a short story I finished some time ago. It will not be the title of the next Who album. It is not autobiographical. It is a continuation of the LIFEHOUSE chronicles, and features the LIFEHOUSE METHOD (music generated from data gathered from various individuals). I hope to develop this as an animation feature with music in the second half of 2005. I would also like to see a concert version. With everything LIFEHOUSE-related I know I must dream on.

QUADROPHENIA. There is exciting news in the wind about Quadrophenia and its theatrical life. The development during 2002 with Trevor Nunn for the National Theatre hiccupped, but various provincial British theatres have shown very serious interest in mounting a production. There is also an investigation of its theatrical potential by a major American producer.

BRAND NEW. I am also talking to Des McAnuff (who must be the busiest man on earth) about a new musical spectacular for Las Vegas. We’ve been talking about doing this since we mounted Tommy on Broadway back in 1993. It’s getting closer.

Word, Joey!!

November 10th, 2004 04:07 PM
Joey

Thanks Hannalee
( Rocks Off Member )

It just came over the wires now ! :

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=97&zone=diary
November 10th, 2004 04:10 PM
F505 Roger and I meet in mid December to play what we have written. If we move ahead from there, we may have a CD ready to release in the spring.

Lazy bastards!
November 10th, 2004 04:12 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

Lazy bastards!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NINEA ABS SHAE MONKEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NINEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 10th, 2004 05:46 PM
Jumping Jack I hope you responded to the Who B&P offer posted here last week. 4 DVD set of early Who with Moon directly from BBC masters.
November 10th, 2004 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I hope you responded to the Who B&P offer posted here last week. 4 DVD set of early Who with Moon directly from BBC masters.

Hello Jumping Jack
( Rocks Off Member ) ..........................

Thanks ........but your young Joey prefers the massive , blistering , thunderous , monstrous , " Quadrophenia / WHO's Next / WHO ARE YOU " type WHO .

" He's not a singles band type of guy Ronnie ! "

Jacky Ewing ! ™
November 10th, 2004 06:41 PM
Gimme Shelter I can't wait, and they are going to tour again. Right On!!!!!!!
November 10th, 2004 07:35 PM
glencar I don't need my Simply Sleep after reading this Who2 stuff!
November 10th, 2004 08:35 PM
kath who's their drummer gonna be? i thought zak left to join somebody else...
November 10th, 2004 08:36 PM
glencar Man, there's somewhere lower for Zak to go? LOL
November 10th, 2004 08:38 PM
kath yeah, it was some band i have heard of, though...i can't remember who it was. it was posted on sdb when it was announced, but that was a while back......

my memory left me, you know.....
November 10th, 2004 08:44 PM
glencar I lost my hearing this week so now we're even.
November 11th, 2004 01:02 PM
kath oh bummer..........we'll just have to use sign language....
(hehehheheheheheh)
November 11th, 2004 01:06 PM
jb http://www.local6.com/news/3908472/detail.html
November 11th, 2004 01:07 PM
justinkurian Zak hasn't left...he went to help out Oasis for a show this summer and has played on a few tracks for their upcoming album.
November 11th, 2004 01:08 PM
jb
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Zak hasn't left...he went to help out Oasis for a show this summer and has played on a few tracks for their upcoming album.

Amen------------------------------>
November 11th, 2004 01:44 PM
luxury1 Oh. I thought the thread referred to
"who's getting their act together?" and I was about to chime in with my steady progess in treatment for my OCD and Tourette's. Nevermind.
November 11th, 2004 02:36 PM
kath oasis. i guess that's who it was....

excellent. zak does a great job with the who.
November 11th, 2004 02:46 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
oasis. i guess that's who it was....

excellent. zak does a great job with the who.

Bless You Kath !

Personally , I'm so excited that I am typing this with my nipples ! ™

Jacky ! ™

Jacky ! ..... Jacky ! ..... Jacky ! ™
November 11th, 2004 02:47 PM
gypsy What about the portly little Mandy Moon? I read somewhere that she could play the drums. joey? Is this true?
November 11th, 2004 02:51 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What about the portly little Mandy Moon? I read somewhere that she could play the drums. joey? Is this true?

No My Princess ...........................

Mandy has bloated to over four hundred pounds and can't even play with herself let alone the drums ...

JACKY ! ™
November 11th, 2004 02:53 PM
gypsy She's really THAT fat? That's a shame. Kim was and still is one beautiful woman. Moonie never got over her...
Does Mandy bleed Arby's sauce?

November 11th, 2004 02:57 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Does Mandy bleed Arby's sauce?

No , Horsey Sauce

November 11th, 2004 03:03 PM
gypsy That used to always make me laugh whenever the people at Arby's asked: "Would you like any Horsey sauce?"
Do they still have Horsey sauce? I bought a roast beef sandwich from Arby's last week, and they didn't ask if I wanted Horsey sauce...so I thought either the employee was lazy or they just don't have Horsey sauce anymore. I never tasted it, but I remember it looks like mayonnaise.