ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rs.com Return to archive
November 10th, 2004 03:03 PM
stones-addict Word on the street has it that rs.com is offering free trial memberships. Does anyone know what the details of that are? I went to the site, but it asked for a promotion code which, sadly, I am without...
November 10th, 2004 03:47 PM
F505
quote:
stones-addict wrote:
Word on the street has it that rs.com is offering free trial memberships. Does anyone know what the details of that are? I went to the site, but it asked for a promotion code which, sadly, I am without...

First you have to pay 100 dollar for a promotion code and than you will get your free membership. Simple as that!
November 10th, 2004 03:54 PM
montana i got a newsletter...and they offered a 30days trial...
but first you have to give credit cards details...though they wont charge anything till the trial expires and then you decide you wanna go on being a member...

the offer is in here: http://www.rollingstones.com/livelicks/freetrial.php

lour
November 10th, 2004 04:10 PM
stones-addict
quote:
F505 wrote:

First you have to pay 100 dollar for a promotion code and than you will get your free membership. Simple as that!

ROTFLMAO! That sounds about right. Those pricks aren't getting my CC information. If they didn't intend to charge to it, then they wouldn't ask for it.

Thanks for the info!
November 10th, 2004 04:10 PM
Mikey I can't believe that the world's greatest rock and roll band of all time charges $100 for anyone to access their website - for one year no less!

How much is enough for these guys? $100 website admission, $40 t-shirts, $350 concert tix.

I can afford all, but what makes it tough is when it has been noted and affirmed by pretty much all that the quality, not to mention length of their shows has declined.

These guys certainly make it tough for me to love them like I do.
November 10th, 2004 04:12 PM
F505 The Stones don't like poor people
November 10th, 2004 06:55 PM
Gimme Shelter Anybody know anything about the supposed free DVD that you were to get with the membership?
November 10th, 2004 06:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mikey wrote:
I can't believe that the world's greatest rock and roll band of all time charges $100 for anyone to access their website - for one year no less!

Oddly enough Mikey, I CAN.
November 10th, 2004 07:10 PM
T&A tells you all you need to know about the attitude this band has about it's fans. sad to say....
November 10th, 2004 08:09 PM
stones-addict
quote:
T&A wrote:
tells you all you need to know about the attitude this band has about it's fans. sad to say....

The $100 fee isn't half the insult that 'Live Licks' is. I'll bet Lief Garret doesn't crap on his fans like that!
November 10th, 2004 08:18 PM
Angiegirl On the Dutch Stones board I remember reading about this 'free' 30-day membership; they charge $1 from your creditcard to check its validity...

Talking about 'I can't believe this'... (if, in fact, true about the 1 dollar).
November 10th, 2004 08:21 PM
Angiegirl Ok, they didn't read all of it on the Dutch board, coz RS.com says:

"We will charge your account $1.00 and then void the transaction to verify your credit card's authenticity. We do not charge your card the full membership price until after the free trial has ended and you choose to stay with us."

Hmmm, but still
November 10th, 2004 09:02 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
On the Dutch Stones board I remember reading about this 'free' 30-day membership; they charge $1 from your creditcard to check its validity...

Talking about 'I can't believe this'... (if, in fact, true about the 1 dollar).

Classic Stones
November 11th, 2004 01:35 AM
gorda So, would you rather that they stopped touring?

Touring is expensive. They have over 300 employees during the tour! All of which, get housed and fed during the tour! That costs a lot of money. Also, gasoline is really expensive and transporting everything from town to town costs a lot of money.

Also, keeping up a website is expensive. Especially, during the tour, someone had to keep posting pictures and new information. That person probably likes to eat and probably charged a salary.

[Edited by gorda]
November 11th, 2004 07:21 AM
Gazza gorda wrote:
>So, would you rather that they stopped touring?

whats that got to do with anyything? Name me one act in the world who charge $100 a YEAR to LOOK at a website when the act in question hasnt even worked for a year and wont be on the road again for at least another 9 months. Name me another artist who charges $100 for nothing - with the sweetener that they'll give you a "free" DVD - which 6 months later not only hasnt materialised but which the site owners refuse to discuss on their message board, deleting any questions by fans enquiring as to what happened to it.

By the way, I guess you werent around for the last tour. You could access parts of the site then for nothing. Now it costs you a lot more to see a lot less.

>Touring is expensive. They have over 300 employees during the tour! All of which, get housed and fed during the tour! That costs a lot of money. Also, gasoline is really expensive and transporting everything from town to town costs a lot of money.

uh..theyre not on tour. Whats your point? They somehow seemed to manage Ok by not charging people to look at a shit website until 2002..and I think the costs of housing and feeding those poor dears during a tour is MORE than made up for by their extortionate ticket prices. Do you think the road crew of other acts work for nothing or something? And those people arent Stones employees when the band arent touring, either.

>Also, keeping up a website is expensive. Especially, during the tour, someone had to keep posting pictures and new information. That person probably likes to eat and probably charged a salary.

Nonsense. Most fans capable of running an official website would do it for nothing and do it a damned sight better and with more pride. This site costs $135 a year to rent the webspace. We had photos and setlists and concert updates online LONG before rs.com got their fingers out of their asses - and we did it better as well. And it doesnt cost anyone reading it a penny.

[Edited by Gazza]
November 11th, 2004 04:55 PM
stones-addict You forgot to mention how even after paying $100, the chances of actually being able to log in are slim to none. My friends who pay for their memberships are getting ripped off big time! The lesson here: stick to the free sites.
November 12th, 2004 05:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
stones-addict wrote:
You forgot to mention how even after paying $100, the chances of actually being able to log in are slim to none. My friends who pay for their memberships are getting ripped off big time! The lesson here: stick to the free sites.

thanks for the tip, but as I refused to re-subscribe just to register for the POSSIBILITY of getting tickets for shows that MAY happen eventually but which probably WONT be announced within the one year lifespan of the membership, thats a problem I'm thankfully unaware of.