ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cream Stirring Up 2005 Reunion (NSC) Return to archive
November 9th, 2004 07:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

Cream Stirring Up 2005 Reunion

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Vintage rock trio Cream will reunite for a string of shows next year at London's Royal Albert Hall, sources tell Billboard.

The group -- guitarist/vocalist Eric Clapton , drummer Ginger Baker and bassist Jack Bruce -- played its final shows at Albert Hall before splintering in November 1968. Cream has not performed together since its 1993 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Billboard understands that the trio will begin rehearsals after the first of the year, with an eye on a weeklong run of gigs at Albert Hall. It is unknown if plans call for additional shows in other parts of the world. A spokesperson for Clapton had no comment.

In just two years, Cream achieved legendary status on the strength of the albums "Fresh Cream," "Disraeli Gears" (recently reissued in a deluxe edition by Polydor) and the half-live/half-studio "Wheels of Fire," expertly blending blues, rock and the burgeoning strains of psychedelia.

"Disraeli Gears" is a particular landmark, sporting such signature tracks as "Strange Brew" and "Sunshine of Your Love," which features one of the most distinctive riffs in rock history.

"Live, Cream was a great, hardworking band -- Eric was supreme and Ginger the most musical drummer alive -- and those original live albums were very good, probably the best records of their kind up to that point," Bruce told Billboard in 1997, prior to the release of the boxed set "Those Were the Days." "But our studio recordings were probably more important, although there you can tell that each one of us had a different idea of what Cream should be."

After Cream's split, Clapton and Baker joined another supergroup, Blind Faith, with Traffic's Steve Winwood (news) and Family bassist Rick Grech. But the combo issued only one album before Clapton set off on an enduring solo career. Baker and Bruce have continued to record and tour in a variety of incarnations.

Clapton will release a new CD/DVD, "Sessions for Robert J," on Dec. 7 via Duck/Reprise.

Reuters/Billboard

November 9th, 2004 07:52 PM
kath dear gawd....i have just died and gone to rock and roller's heaven!!!!

yyeeeeooowwwzzzaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 9th, 2004 07:52 PM
ResidentMule oh shit, Cream's coming out with a new album. we better start worrying that it'll be better than Don't Stop

[/end sarcasm]
this is actually awesome news, thanks for posting. I have a friend who'll be very excited to hear about this
November 9th, 2004 07:56 PM
kath fuck worrying about anything...fuckin CREAM!!!!!

holy mamacita!!! road trip!!!!!!!
November 9th, 2004 08:01 PM
keith mcjagger FARFANUGEL!!!!!!

:J
November 9th, 2004 08:10 PM
Riffhard Holy shit! Does this mean that Clapton is going to actully start playing his guitar again?! I'd like to think that this would light a fire under Slowhand's ass and get him to really reembrace his mantle as God! C'mon EC you got it in you!

Riffhard
November 9th, 2004 09:27 PM
kath i'm just nearly delirious with the thought of possibly seeing them live.

and to see them at albert hall would just be the best thing ever...at least since ronnie scott's!!!

albert hall and cream...think of it!!!!
November 9th, 2004 09:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Holy shit! Does this mean that Clapton is going to actully start playing his guitar again?!

Yes, as the Stones, the Cream members added are not equal as the Cream together in true sinergy... This is good news

But let's be serious they won't be the same band, I can't figure out they having that sense of rock they had back then

Anyway I like it!!
November 9th, 2004 11:03 PM
kath don't kid yourself...they will rock the fuckin house down......
November 9th, 2004 11:59 PM
Mr. D I just hope they do things right...first off, Clapton needs to use the old Gibsons that he used to sport back then. Secondly, if they do record an album, they should use the exact type of production they had on their original work. It would also be nice if they slightly expanded on what they had done before, but while sticking to what they used to do. I mean, these are little nitpicks, this should be nothing but great. All three are still very talented musicians, and hopefully they'll do a couple shows, recapture the magic, and get motivated.
November 10th, 2004 12:37 AM
T&A this could be very interesting. EC can still play - despite what some of the naysayers may think. And, last time I heard Ginger and Jack together (when they teamed up with Gary Moore a few years back) - they sounded good as ever. Keep fingers x'd.
November 10th, 2004 04:40 AM
MRD8 I recently got a documentary on DVD called The Story Of Cream, great quality with lots of live stuff interspersed with great interviews, maybe I'll offer it up as a B&P on here soon! My favorite British bootleg filmer is going to film it so at least I'll see/hear it that way!
November 10th, 2004 04:53 AM
Zack Where did the article mention a new album? That's a far cry from seven shows.
November 10th, 2004 09:15 AM
Gimme Shelter I hope they do a world tour.
November 10th, 2004 09:26 AM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I hope they do a world tour.

Yes , I'm now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples .

Jacky Ewing ! ™
November 10th, 2004 09:38 AM
justinkurian Yah, it didn't mention an album...

But, I'm sure there will be a CD/DVD that documents the shows for the many of us who won't be able to make it.
November 10th, 2004 10:10 AM
J.J.Flash DAMN......C-C-C-C-C-C-C-CREAM.!!!!!!!!

JERSEE?!?!?! KURSKEE!?!?!?! J-J-J-J-J-J-J-OEYKINS!??!?!?!?! Did you.....did....did YOU see the above news my Denver hero?!?!????!? DID YOU?!?!?!?!?

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my father in law penis......

Oh my God......I think I ain't no longer a Rolling Stones fan..... We've got mint fresh Cream......

Jack Bruce Clapton Baker Cumming Cock
November 10th, 2004 10:18 AM
J.J.Flash I AM WAITING FOR THAT SINCE THE DAY I BORN........ I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE.....STILL TYPING THIS WITH MY FATHER'S IN-LAW PENIS.........

AND THE CAPS ARE ON CAUSE MY PENIS HAS REACHED THAT KEY MEANWHILE TYPING ALL THE REST......

Dick!
November 10th, 2004 10:26 AM
J.J.Flash They are the fuckin' HOLY TRINITY......
November 10th, 2004 10:26 AM
J.J.Flash ...by the way, where is Cream's Message Board?!?!
November 10th, 2004 06:58 PM
Gimme Shelter They rocked when they played together when they were inducted in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.
November 10th, 2004 07:53 PM
kath try looking under "cream" on a google search....worth a try....

incredibly exciting...i'd LOVE to see this gig....
November 10th, 2004 07:55 PM
glencar Can they top Disraeli Gears?