ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alfie Flop Blamed on Election Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 8th, 2004 04:48 PM
Poplar LOS ANGELES, Nov. 7 - Paramount's "Alfie," a remake of a romantic comedy about a roguish womanizer starring Jude Law, opened to a dismal $6.5 million in more than 2,000 theaters, far below expectations. The tepid response was the latest blow to Sherry Lansing, the chairwoman of Paramount who last week announced her plans to leave the job when her contract expires in 2005, and whose movies have performed poorly this summer and fall.

Wayne Llewellyn, the president of distribution at Paramount, said that the conservative ethos reflected in last week's election results might have hurt the film.

"It could be the mood of the country right now," he said. "It seems to be the result of the election. Maybe they didn't want to see a guy that slept around."

November 8th, 2004 04:49 PM
Joey Thanks Poplar
Rocks Off Member

November 8th, 2004 04:59 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Poplar wrote:
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 7 - Paramount's "Alfie," a remake of a romantic comedy about a roguish womanizer starring Jude Law, opened to a dismal $6.5 million in more than 2,000 theaters, far below expectations. The tepid response was the latest blow to Sherry Lansing, the chairwoman of Paramount who last week announced her plans to leave the job when her contract expires in 2005, and whose movies have performed poorly this summer and fall.

Wayne Llewellyn, the president of distribution at Paramount, said that the conservative ethos reflected in last week's election results might have hurt the film.

"It could be the mood of the country right now," he said. "It seems to be the result of the election. Maybe they didn't want to see a guy that slept around."

No - it's because that shitty MOR song with Mick's affected vocals is blaring too loud over the TV ads.

I'd bet money on it. Should have had something hip and retro - in line with the original film.

November 8th, 2004 05:02 PM
F505 Hi Lambchop!
November 8th, 2004 05:05 PM
not bound to please
quote:
F505 wrote:
Hi Lambchop!

Hi F505!
November 8th, 2004 05:11 PM
Joey

Lambchop .........................................

Tonight ! :

Pasta
Rolls
Salad ( Italian Dressing )
Yellow Cake for Dessert

Please cancel all of your appointments tomorrow but make it subtle !

W - W - W- W - W - What ?!?!

.....because lack of it turns competitors into enemies and enemies into fanatics .

Joey " Jock " Ewing ! ™

November 8th, 2004 05:49 PM
Poplar
I think this "election" excuse is hysterical. The W win is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Hey Joey - how was the Dallas reunion special: "Return to Southfork?"

November 8th, 2004 05:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I think this "election" excuse is hysterical. The W win is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Hey Joey - how was the Dallas reunion special: "Return to Southfork?"

Hello Poplar .......................

The " Dallas Reunion Special " was absolutely outstanding -- Victoria Principal is STILL hot even at age Sixty .

Look for this program to garner the highest ratings of any television event this year . Fifty Share Easy ! - Word !

November 8th, 2004 06:11 PM
F505 I read in the paper Howard Keel has died!
November 8th, 2004 06:41 PM
Poplar
Yeah - Keel dies the same day! F'd up!

"Return to Southfork" did an 8.2 share here. But then again, maybe Sacramento wasn't a big market for the Dallas types.

rock on.
November 8th, 2004 06:51 PM
egon maybe it's the other way around.
November 8th, 2004 08:33 PM
Soldatti Thanks Poplar
November 9th, 2004 04:13 AM
F505 But is his son Dusty Farlow still alive?
November 9th, 2004 07:41 AM
corgi37 I told ya's! I told ya's this would flop. Yanks dont get Pommy humour. Man, they would need sub-titles wouldnt they? What a stupid fucking idea for a re-make anyway.

The time is coming, surely, when Hollywood gets over this re-make shit, and dreams up new stuff.

I mean, King fucking Kong is coming. War of the worlds!

We just had PLanet of the Apes, Texas chainsaw and Dawn of the dead (hey, i thought Dawn was great!!).

Sheesh!

But, come on, tell me some dude and his beef jerky eating gal, sitting in their pick up at some drive in in Kalamazoo is gonna understand one fucking word Jude Law says!

Wanna remake a movie?

Re-make Deep Throat!!
November 9th, 2004 08:07 AM
Gazza >Wayne Llewellyn, the president of distribution at Paramount, said that the conservative ethos reflected in last week's election results might have hurt the film.

I've never read such a load of utter over-analytical wank in my entire life....

November 9th, 2004 08:57 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

The time is coming, surely, when Hollywood gets over this re-make shit, and dreams up new stuff.

I mean, King fucking Kong is coming. War of the worlds!

We just had PLanet of the Apes, Texas chainsaw and Dawn of the dead (hey, i thought Dawn was great!!).

Sheesh!

But, come on, tell me some dude and his beef jerky eating gal, sitting in their pick up at some drive in in Kalamazoo is gonna understand one fucking word Jude Law says!

Wanna remake a movie?

Re-make Deep Throat!!

Corgi is THE KING !

Joey Ewing ! ™
November 9th, 2004 09:51 AM
jb Doug llewellyn was the spokeman for 'Peopel's Court" with Judge Whopner and Rusty the bailiff.
[Edited by jb]
November 9th, 2004 10:14 AM
Monkey Woman Silliest excuse ever. They should have stuck with the original release date and not have put the film in the path of the Incredibles. That film's success was easy to foresee.
November 9th, 2004 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Doug llewellyn was the spokeman for 'Peopel's Court" with Judge Whopner and Rusty the bailiff.
[Edited by jb]

November 9th, 2004 10:30 AM
jb http://www.thisislondon.com/news/londonnews/articles/14577988?source=Evening%20Standard
November 9th, 2004 10:32 AM
Nellcote Joey;

Linda Gray still does it for me. Charlene Tilton, however, seems to have found food in place of acting. Sad.
Victoria Principal needs more infomercials to touch up that aging face....
Looking forward to the Chiefs here in Foxboro for MNF on 11/22. Probably our toughest test for the rest of the year, until the playoffs....
November 9th, 2004 10:37 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Joey;

Linda Gray still does it for me. Charlene Tilton, however, seems to have found food in place of acting. Sad.
Victoria Principal needs more infomercials to touch up that aging face....
Looking forward to the Chiefs here in Foxboro for MNF on 11/22. Probably our toughest test for the rest of the year, until the playoffs....

Nellcote .................................

Seeing Victoria Principal back on the Southfork Ranch for the first time since 1987 was breathtaking ( I actually teared up a little ) . It is no secret that she was a HUGE factor in the success of " Dallas " and the program dropped out of the top ten for the first time in nine years the season AFTER she left the television show .

Chiefs play NE at the Arrowhead on 11/22 .

" Best 3-5 team EVER Ronnie ! "

Joey " The Human Oil Slick " Ewing ! ™
November 9th, 2004 10:42 AM
Nellcote Ironic Howard Keel passed on after the show aired.
Did he "keel over" from not being invited?
I could not resist...
Yes, my midwest friend, MNF is @ Arrowhead....
We now have South Dakota son Viniteri as a backup qtrback...
November 9th, 2004 10:45 AM
jb Manning is goinmg to break Marino's 48 TD pass record..but like Marino's teams, the Colts have no defense. Thank god it looks like Wanstadt is getting canned today!!
November 9th, 2004 10:46 AM
Nellcote Bring Manning to Foxboro for the playoffs and he is toast.
In Bill We Trust can get in his head faster than Brian Jones sank in that pool...
November 9th, 2004 10:50 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Thank god it looks like Wanstadt is getting canned today!!

About time !

Jacky Ewing ! ™ ( A new Character brought to you by The Joey ™ )
November 9th, 2004 11:13 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

About time !

Jacky Ewing ! ™ ( A new Character brought to you by The Joey ™ )

are you going to buy me that tour bus or what??!!!

The city of Chicago is gonna wish the DMB was back after our reign of terror!

November 9th, 2004 11:16 AM
telecaster jb. joey and I are lunching today at "The Eager Beaver"

12:30pm

Can you join us?

I must say the "Dallas" reunion was outstanding

Top shelf in every way
November 9th, 2004 12:12 PM
gypsy Charlene Tilton is gearing up to be the new Sally Struthers!

Shiver!

tele, those Eager Beaver car wash places in Florida make me laugh.
November 9th, 2004 12:20 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Charlene Tilton is gearing up to be the new Sally Struthers!

Shiver!

tele, those Eager Beaver car wash places in Florida make me laugh.

I bet jb takes the AMG Mercedes there. Actually I never heard of them before but sounds like a great idea

Charlene Tilton was scheduled to do a "celebrity guest appearance" at this dumpy dive bar in a strip mall
across the street from my block

Sad. Was it me or was she showcasing her breasts on the reunion?

Page: 1 2