ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did you buy the new album Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 8th, 2004 12:35 PM
Jair For the first time in around last 30 years, this time I didn't buy a Stones album - in this case, Live Licks. This weekend I bought some CDs, as I usually do - but not the LL.

So, I would like to know if you guys already bought it or are planning to do it, because I'm still thinkin' about it...

November 8th, 2004 12:53 PM
egon yes, i bought the topless version which is kinda cool. but it won't play in my car which is kinda uncool.
November 8th, 2004 12:55 PM
F505 No and if I read the reviews I don't think I missed something....
November 8th, 2004 01:02 PM
egon it's better than flashpoint or security. then again that is not too difficult. but it comes with a picture of a naked lady, which is always a plus (in my life anyway).
[Edited by egon]
November 8th, 2004 01:20 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
it's better than flashpoint or security. then again that is not too difficult. but it comes with a picture of a naked lady, which is always a plus (in my life anyway).
[Edited by egon]

Hi Egon!
i missed you humor fada!
November 8th, 2004 01:21 PM
Jumacfly and ..to be honest I m downloading LL ..
November 8th, 2004 01:24 PM
F505
quote:
egon wrote:
but it comes with a picture of a naked lady, which is always a plus (in my life anyway).
[Edited by egon]

Maybe you should find you a wife.
November 8th, 2004 01:49 PM
J.J.Flash Jair, quite frankly I am not planning to buy this outrageous release. I feel like being mugged you know.....
November 8th, 2004 02:01 PM
egon If it wasn't illegal I could burn some copies for you guys.
then again, if you'd send me a PM with a request no one would ever find out...
November 8th, 2004 02:03 PM
Monkey Woman I bought it too. It's a good listen, IMO. I'm not going to make copies (heh!) but I'm sure one can find the thing on eBay or Amazon marketplace for 1/2 the price.
November 8th, 2004 02:04 PM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Jair, quite frankly I am not planning to buy this outrageous release. I feel like being mugged you know.....

Yes, very soon will be in sale by $ 1,99

November 8th, 2004 02:07 PM
F505 Very soon you will get your money back if you want to buy it.
November 8th, 2004 02:09 PM
Monkey Woman Right now, if you buy a CD with copy control which doesn't play in your CD player, you bring it back to the retailer and you get your money back. I didn't, though, as it works on my PC.
November 8th, 2004 03:24 PM
Mr Hess I bought LL and burned copies for my friends......
November 8th, 2004 04:49 PM
69 Chevy I only bought it because it was priced wrong and I got the UK version for 12.99. Side 2 makes it worthwhile! It was reviewed in the latest issue of Rolling Stone and given 4 stars(out of 5). They called it the best live recording since "Ya Yas"
November 8th, 2004 04:52 PM
Joey

<-----------I bought LL and had copies burned for my friends......

Me too little fella ..............

Me Too !
November 8th, 2004 04:53 PM
F505 I bought LL and I buried it
November 8th, 2004 04:56 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
I bought LL and I buried it

You make Joey giggle

J™ - O™ - E™ - Y™
November 8th, 2004 04:59 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
I bought LL and I buried it

I am happy dutch F505 that you are with me on this question. I ain't gonna buy this thing and I am pretty sure there are millions of non Stones fans and hardcore fans who will.
November 8th, 2004 05:00 PM
F505 Thanks J.J.Flash you are a true fan!
November 8th, 2004 05:02 PM
Joey

<------Thanks J.J.Flash you are a true fan!
November 8th, 2004 05:16 PM
luridchief I bought it!

LOVE the sound, HATE the sequencing!

HATE the "Rocks Off" edit!

HATE that "If You Can't Rock Me" and "Midnight Rambler" aren't included!

LOVE "That's How Strong My Love Is" and "Everybody Needs Somebody . . . !"

LOVE that I got bombed for my 40th birthday--enjoy the drunken pics:
http://homepage.mac.com/waynealanharold/PhotoAlbum2.html
[Edited by luridchief]
November 8th, 2004 06:30 PM
Some Guy I don't have it yet. I am torn.
November 8th, 2004 06:43 PM
egon and frayed?
November 8th, 2004 06:55 PM
Riffhard I did not buy,but did get it via my job. I must say that the production and editing on it is downright amaturish. The editing on Rocks Off is ridiculously amature. It's just a way to move product if you ask me. The Stones seem to have lost all of their creative fire and that sucks. I will wait for the new album to give up all faith. They are still the greastest band in the world,but I feel that have sadly become the nostalgia band that they swore they never would become. A new strong studio album would be a great answer to all critics myself included. I hope they come back with a great album that they can hang their legacy on. We shall see.

Riffhard
November 8th, 2004 06:59 PM
TornAndFrayed No, I didn´t buy it and I don´t think I will. It´s not because of the (mostly) bad reviews. I am just not interested.
November 8th, 2004 07:44 PM
Madafaka I bought it. Nothing special. I got thousands of bootlegs better than LL.
November 8th, 2004 08:48 PM
Soldatti I bought it, it's good and better than the expected.
November 8th, 2004 09:18 PM
T&A I'm with Soldatti. After waiting a couple of days out of protest - I bought and am very impressed with the sound - can you say GEEEETARS? They haven't SOUNDED this good on a live album in 34 years.
November 8th, 2004 09:44 PM
Bloozehound Today I had that sassy little anime vixen's perky little naked CG'd boobies in my grubby palms.

She could feel my warmth through the cellophane wrapper, it was all that seperated us from sheer exstasy as our 3y3s locked into each others.

I looked deep into the depths of her soul as she taunted me, winking, licking her lucious red lips for me to take her, to seduce her, to ravage her.

She called me closer, and breathedly whipsered something into my ear about "analangus" and then I.........................decided to keep keeping my 3y3s on the used cd bins
Page: 1 2 3