ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the British Tour - May 27, 1976 - Earl's Court, London
© 1976, 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: favorite stones music video? Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 8th, 2004 09:34 PM
Madafaka Love Is Strong
November 9th, 2004 05:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Does Jumpin' Jack Flash actually count as a "video"? That was pretty good.

yes..it was filmed specifically for promotional use on TV, so its still a video as are all of those similar pre-MTV clips
November 9th, 2004 07:28 AM
corgi37 This question is asked often, and i think i give different answers every time.

I go for Love is strong too. Really creative clip. Very original. And, actually made them look cool.

I also have always adored JJF (b/w clip and color one), all the tattoo you clips and going to a go-go. Man, i really love that.

But, my gong for classiest clip, a clip they could have said "thats it, bye folks" is almost hear you sigh.

Just breath taking.
November 11th, 2004 06:37 AM
Jair Anybody Seen my Baby (also because Angelina Jolie) and
Like a Rolling Stone
November 11th, 2004 06:59 AM
piratekeef My personal favourite top 5 Stones vids are:

1. The Live Aid 1985 set (The Keef, Ron &v Bob set.I know it's no Promo - couldn't have been. However I love the ragged glory of it. It pulls you in the actual performance. It's live with all its implications. Even 19 years later, it makes me hope they'd get out of this performance alive.)
2. Take It So Hard (for its rather dark ambience...)
3. Mixed Emotions (for it's the first Stos Promo I ever watched)
4. One Hit (for it's real...)
5. It's Only Rock'n Roll (again - because it's real (real bubbles!!). And for its rareness. How often do you get to watch Mick Taylor in a TV broadcast? The IORR clip was aired heavily - even by MTV. Anything that boasts M.Taylor is good these days. He has such a low media profile meanwhile. Oh - and Keef contacted his dentist shortly after the video shot.)
November 11th, 2004 03:02 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i like the videos where mick shakes his butt. one of my favorite videos to watch is crazy mama although i dont like the song that much. he looks unbelievable in those pants. im sure gordo feels the same way. i also cant get enough of that angie video(first video i saw of theirs)
November 11th, 2004 03:05 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i like most of their live videos
November 11th, 2004 03:47 PM
Cant Catch Me IORR is great, I love the bubbles, and JJF is awesome, but my personal fave is "Angie."

I love Mick's yellow leisure suit and his dandy hat, and he's obviously lip-synching and making outraeous faces at how ridiculous the thing is.

The close up where he says just, "Angie? . . . Angie?" while his eyes bug out is classic. Somebody once decribed that era as Mick's "I don't give a fuck" phase, and that sums up the overall feel of the video pretty well.
November 11th, 2004 03:47 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
piratekeef wrote: Oh - and Keef contacted his dentist shortly after the video shot.)

He did?
Page: 1 2