ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm a sucker for rs.com..but THIS...... Return to archive
November 10th, 2005 05:16 PM
LadyJane is UGLY and TACKY!!!!!!!!! Yuck.

LJ.
November 10th, 2005 05:19 PM
stonedinaustralia extremely "corny" - if you'll pardon the pun

what is it with the stones and corn - remember those early posters for the Licks tour which also featured this vegetal motif

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
November 10th, 2005 05:25 PM
Moonisup 70% of the stones shirts sucked last tour, not very different this tour, the nice shirts (budda punk) where very, too, expensive, and the cheap China made shirts where way to big for me,
November 10th, 2005 06:18 PM
Gimme Shelter Still wondering about the DVD.
November 10th, 2005 06:56 PM
RubyKel Love your avatar stonedinaustralia......I'm wearing that shirt to the shows.

RK
November 10th, 2005 07:00 PM
exile That has to be the ugliest shirt I have ever seen.

keith appartenty flared up at those early posters for the Licks tour which also featured corn.
He demanded they be changed "The Stones are old Corn" you can read about it in Red Stones Book.

And now they bring out another corn T shirt

who in their right mind would wear that.
November 10th, 2005 07:10 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
RubyKel wrote:
Love your avatar stonedinaustralia......I'm wearing that shirt to the shows.

RK

thanks - i've always considered it to be a quintessential stones image second only,perhaps, to the tounge

would love to have tee with that on it
November 10th, 2005 07:12 PM
glencar Tacky but pricy!
November 10th, 2005 07:22 PM
RubyKel Yes...I agree with you. I love this shirt. It's my second one....my first become very well worn.

Here's where I got it:

http://rerock4ever.com/

RubyKel
November 10th, 2005 07:32 PM
stonedinaustralia hey ruby - thnaks for the link!!

now i'm going to get one!!
November 10th, 2005 09:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
exile wrote:
And now they bring out another corn T shirt

who in their right mind would wear that.

well, Nebraska is the Cornhusker State and I can think of someone there who's not in their right mind and who might just fit the bill!
November 10th, 2005 09:21 PM
exile It’s so bad it’s actually funny.

Me thinks the only way the stones will move those bad boys is by donating them to charity.

[Edited by exile]
November 10th, 2005 09:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
exile wrote:
It’s so bad it’s actually funny.

Me thinks the only way the stones will move those bad boys is by donating them to charity.

[Edited by exile]

I see kids in the third world running around in dusty refugee camps sporting these puppies in the very near future.

Riffy
November 10th, 2005 09:49 PM
Pako Gertte
quote:
RubyKel wrote:
Love your avatar stonedinaustralia......I'm wearing that shirt to the shows.

Pako be happy

Pako greet Ruby

Pako be partying in your honor
November 10th, 2005 09:51 PM
stonedinaustralia thought you'd pop up sooner or later
November 10th, 2005 09:56 PM
Pako Gertte ur whiter dan me stonedinaustralia u be fan of mike all yakson
November 10th, 2005 10:02 PM
stonedinaustralia no my PR man suggested a bit of face powder and having my pic. taken under the correct lighting to make me look fairer would help get me more gigs - said it would fool all them racist crackers and once i showed for the gig they'd have to pay me even if they wouldn't let me play
November 10th, 2005 11:44 PM
Pako Gertte Mi nex foto be with dis tits

Now 4 tits instead of 3 balls

can you do dat sia? I dont no if i can coz I like to eat tits and white folks like dat

ur n ot good cannibal sia you wont be greted by pako
November 11th, 2005 12:24 AM
mac_daddy i like it.

i would buy that t shirt if i was going to the show...

but then again, i really dug the baseball tongue, too.
November 11th, 2005 04:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
exile wrote:
It’s so bad it’s actually funny.

I'd rather starve to death, personally.

I DO have standards to keep up!
November 11th, 2005 10:32 AM
FPM C10 Worst. Stones Tongue. EVER.

I sincely hope everyone who had anything to do with that desecration of the logo was taken out and shot.
November 11th, 2005 10:59 AM
mac_daddy it'll grow on ya. i'm telling you, it is a classic. if jaxx is making the show, i think she should make the thanksgiving tongue her logo, and i hope voodoo makes it the thanksgiving wallpaper here at ro every year from now on. the design is wonderful, a true original!

November 11th, 2005 11:10 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

well, Nebraska is the Cornhusker State and I can think of someone there who's not in their right mind and who might just fit the bill!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say , " SELL CORN " !!!!

W- W- W- What ?!?! ..... oh , sure ! :

" Howard started off the show announcing that some people thought he acted like a wimp after hearing about his meeting with Joel Hollander Tuesday afternoon. Howard noted that, not only did a caller on last night’s Howard 100 News make this claim, but John Mainelli’s radio column in today’s “New York Post” did as well. Even though Gary pointed out that John has had it out for Howard for years, Howard still wanted to clarify what happened the day of his suspension. Howard explained that since he is leaving next month, he walked into his meeting with a calm demeanor. Howard admitted that some of Joel’s complaints about him were valid, but that, since Joel will no longer be his boss come December 31, he didn’t think there was a point in fighting back. Given this, Howard noted that he sat quietly and listened to what Joel had to say.

After Joel was done, Howard mentioned that he told everyone that he has enjoyed working for Infinity, but is now looking forward to his move. Howard reiterated that just because he behaved at the meeting didn’t mean he was soft.

GOING OUT IN STYLE

Howard mentioned that, since advertisers have paid a premium for spots on the show up to the finale, it makes sense that Joel won’t let him go early. Since he has agreed to limit his discussions about satellite on the show, Howard noted that he’ll have to get the word out about SIRIUS through other means, like his appearance next Thursday on “Late Show with David Letterman.” Howard went on to say that, although he’d like to get fired so he can spend all his time focusing on SIRIUS, he’ll abide by the rules Joel set forth because he wants to honor his contract. Howard added that he’ll continue to communicate to his audience as honestly as ever and he won’t sacrifice his integrity.

Howard said that if Mainelli thought he was a wimp because of the way he acted at the meeting, then he missed the point. Howard noted that another article that appeared in “The Daily News” about his meeting reported the facts, and didn’t resort to cheap shots. Howard mentioned that he did nothing wrong in talking about SIRIUS, and he’ll continue to talk about it as long as it’s in the context of things going on in his life. However, he commented that he understood where Joel was coming from and has, therefore, decided to make his last few weeks at Infinity as peaceful as possible. "

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php

Jazzy !

[Edited by Joey]
November 11th, 2005 05:59 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Still wondering about the DVD.

Ha, ha, ha. Me too.
November 11th, 2005 08:57 PM
Lil Brian If this show at the Pepsi Center is anything like '03, it'll be a keeper.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)