ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Am I off base? Return to archive
November 10th, 2005 11:52 AM
nankerphelge I need some RO input on this because it is on my brain.

I am going to try and set out some facts and I want your opinion as to whether I am an asshole or not.

On the day that tix for the 1/20 MSG show went on sale, I obtained a pair. I posted that fact (here I believe, but possible on Max's board)

The same day, TomL scored tix, which left me with an extra pair, a fact that I also posted.

Almost immediately, a number of people contacted me about the extra tickets. Over the next few days, a few others contacted me about the tickets.

Then, I believe a day or so after that, someone that I know pretty well posted that they were looking for tickets. Being that I know this person pretty well and they are a die-hard fan, I offered them the tickets.

A day or so later, the person contacted me and told me that they had obtained tickets elsewhere, but would accept the tickets on behalf of another person they know, and whom I apparently met before.

I told this person that I was sorry, but that I was offering the tickets to them to insure that they got in. And since they already got in, that I felt the tickets should go to some of the people that contacted me before.

From my perspective, I wasn't offering the tickets to them for them to do as they saw fit -- I was offering the tickets to a specific person that I knew would appreciate them.

From their perspective, I offered the tickets with no conditions -- they could have taken them and just given them to this other person and I would never have known. (To their credit, they were honest with me)

Am I an asshole?

Okay, let me rephrase that -- am I an even bigger asshole for doing what I did?

Thanks in advance
November 10th, 2005 11:55 AM
voodoopug I think you are in the right, your intentions were to help a friend, that is impossible to fault.
November 10th, 2005 12:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey nanky, how do you know that one of those tickets wasn't meant for me?

No worries, I'll find a ticket.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
November 10th, 2005 12:22 PM
nankerphelge I don't
November 10th, 2005 12:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Would that make a difference?

I know Riffy is looking for a ticket...what if I promised that Riffy would sit with me instead of one of my local buds?

Really, I'm not worried about it. I think that there is going to be a rather large central PA contingent come up for that show. 7-10 of us. A couple of them scored shitty seats, but they plan on upgrading through a broker...so I can probably pick up one of those unused shitty tix on the cheap.

Not a big deal to me.
November 10th, 2005 12:37 PM
nankerphelge It might have made all the difference, but your name never came up one way or the other.
November 10th, 2005 01:08 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I need some RO input on this because it is on my brain.

I am going to try and set out some facts and I want your opinion as to whether I am an asshole or not.

On the day that tix for the 1/20 MSG show went on sale, I obtained a pair. I posted that fact (here I believe, but possible on Max's board)

The same day, TomL scored tix, which left me with an extra pair, a fact that I also posted.

Almost immediately, a number of people contacted me about the extra tickets. Over the next few days, a few others contacted me about the tickets.

Then, I believe a day or so after that, someone that I know pretty well posted that they were looking for tickets. Being that I know this person pretty well and they are a die-hard fan, I offered them the tickets.

A day or so later, the person contacted me and told me that they had obtained tickets elsewhere, but would accept the tickets on behalf of another person they know, and whom I apparently met before.

I told this person that I was sorry, but that I was offering the tickets to them to insure that they got in. And since they already got in, that I felt the tickets should go to some of the people that contacted me before.

From my perspective, I wasn't offering the tickets to them for them to do as they saw fit -- I was offering the tickets to a specific person that I knew would appreciate them.

From their perspective, I offered the tickets with no conditions -- they could have taken them and just given them to this other person and I would never have known. (To their credit, they were honest with me)

Nanky ................

Life is too short to worry about this nonsense !

Here is what you SHOULD be concern with :

" After a 20-minute montage of songs, many of which had goodbye as their theme, Howard addressed yesterday’s suspension. Howard explained that after he finishes a show, he doesn’t like to talk to anyone and instead retreats to his office where he meditates and recharges. However, when Howard finished Monday’s show, Tom Chiusano pulled him into the green room and announced that he had bad news. Since Tom seemed to be emotional and shaky, Howard admitted that he thought the announcement had something to do with his health, but soon found out that wasn’t the case.

When Tom informed Howard that the reason for his suspension had to do with his frequent discussions about SIRIUS, Howard said he didn’t understand the logic behind the move. Howard went on to explain that he has had several discussions with Tom and Joel Hollander in regard to what he’s allowed to say about his move and that he felt he has always followed their agreement. Howard then mentioned that he felt like he was in high school when he found out he had been suspended and that one of his first thoughts was to call his parents, who he was concerned might be upset when they heard the news. However, Howard didn’t get in touch with them and noted that he didn’t give the situation much thought until he listened to that night’s broadcast of the Howard 100 News."

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php

November 10th, 2005 01:35 PM
mickmask I think you did the right thing.
This other person shouldn't have 'assumed'that they could have the tix for another person.

mm.
November 10th, 2005 02:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mickmask wrote:
I think you did the right thing.
This other person shouldn't have 'assumed'that they could have the tix for another person.

mm.

due to so many people either screwing me with tickets I have bought for them or reselling tickets i get for them, I only purchase tickets for a VERY select few now, I typically only buy a pair of tickets to each show i attend and sell my extras at face to other fans, no more getting tickets for some of my deadbeat friends.
November 10th, 2005 03:12 PM
Riffhard Nanky you were absoluty right,but I wish to hell that I'd have known that you extras at the time!!! LOL!

If you hear of any extras for both shows let me know. That goes for anyone else reading this as well. Hey Essy did you ever score tickets?

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
November 10th, 2005 03:16 PM
lotsajizz Nanky, you're in the right....
November 10th, 2005 03:19 PM
patioaintdry Problem solved:

Since I've never met any of you, I'll serve as the uncompromised third party and take the tickets.
November 10th, 2005 03:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I know how both halves of this feel, and I can see how each side feels.

And I honestly don't know if my ass would have been in one of those seats or not...there were three of us looking for tix. But one of the three is notorious for backing out of things at the last minute, so chances were pretty good that I probably would have sat in one of those seats. I think the reason my name didn't come up was that the other person didn't know if I scored a ticket or not at that point.

Bottom line is that they are your tickets Nanky...you do whatever you want. I won't think any less of you one way or the other. I'll get in one way or the other, so you don't need to worry about me either.

Either way, we still gonna party our faces off.
November 10th, 2005 03:26 PM
Joey " Well, I know how both halves of this feel "

" .... and I can see how each side feels. "

[ Edited by Lugar ]

[Edited by Joey]
November 10th, 2005 03:39 PM
IzzyStradlin I think you'reacting like a wuss.
November 10th, 2005 03:40 PM
Joey " I think you'reacting like a wuss."

[Edited by Joey]
November 10th, 2005 03:58 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I need some RO input on this because it is on my brain.

Are you sure you're not making a bigger deal out of this than the situation warrants?

I ask because (by an incredible bit of synchronicity) a friend of mine was involved in a very similar situation. Let's call him "Pea" for the sake of this story...

Pea needed 4 tickets - one for himself, one for his girlfriend, and 2 for friends who don't have computer access at work. When the long-awaited MSG tickets went on pre-pre-sale, he didn't take the first set he was offered by Ticketmaster. He hesitated, and as we all know, Pea who hesitates is lost. He mentioned it on a message board (not unlike Rocks Off) and voila, an old buddy (let's call him "Hanky") posted and offered him a pair of tickets. OK, 2 down, 2 to go. The next day the fan club pre-sale started and he did NOT hesitate, but for an extra hundred bucks got 2 tickets in pretty much the same location as the first pair. Way in the back, up in the rafters, but IN the building so good as gold. He had the 4 tickets he needed. Rather than soak his buddies the hundred bucks for the fan club membership, he decided to keep those for himself and let his buddies take the first pair. Meanwhile the show sold out. When he emailed "Hanky" to tell him the arrangements...well, the story is pretty much like YOUR story. Hanky said since they weren't actually for PEA, he couldn't have them after all. Well, Pea tried to dissuade Nanky from his decision, with arguments similar to the ones SS used. "What if I sit in THESE seats and give the OTHER ones to my friends?" and so forth. Hanky said to wait until the end of the next month and he would decide then. So Pea waited, but he let his buddies know that they were probably screwed as far as those particular tickets went. At the end of the month he emailed Hanky and asked what the decision was. Hanky told Pea that someone had asked before him, so he had decided to honor that request. Pea was confused by that - the first he'd heard about the tickets was when Hanky offered them to him, so he didn't quite understand how there could be someone in line before him, unless revealing that someone else would be sitting in them made him lose his place in line. He tried haggling a little bit more, which was evidently the wrong thing to do because then Hanky posted the whole thing on a message board not unlike "Rocks Off" in a thread not unlike this one, and everybody told him he did the right thing. Funny thing was, Pea thought so too - he was just trying to get his buddies some tickets. Figured it didn't hurt to ask, squeaky wheel gets the grease, all that shit. I guess Hanky thought Pea was pissed off, but Hanky would have KNOWN if Pea was pissed off. Pea would have told him.

Now, I'm not sure how YOUR ticket snafu ended up - man, that dude sounds like a real asshole - but I know in the case of Pea and Nanky, everything worked out fine. Pea's buddies will undoubtedly end up with better seats than anyone else involved in the situation, because that's the way these things usually work out. And Pea and Hanky? After a whirlwind romance, they got married and are living in a trailer park in Wheeling, West Virginia, where they breed schnauzers.

[Edited by FPM C10]
November 10th, 2005 04:20 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!?!

November 10th, 2005 04:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well how about that. Small world eh?

So if I want to buy a dog from Pea and Hanky, I probably shouldn't tell them that I'm really buying it for my mother-in-law? Would they ship the dog? I don't really want to go to WV for any reason.
November 10th, 2005 05:28 PM
Joey " .....tell them that I'm really buying it for my mother-in-law? Would they ship the dog? "

November 10th, 2005 06:28 PM
FPM C10
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Well, Pea tried to dissuade Nanky from his decision, with arguments similar to the ones SS used.

Ooop! I mean "Hanky".

November 10th, 2005 06:40 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well how about that. Small world eh?

Yes, but how small? The Renaissance we have dibs on is over by the Meadowlands. Is getting to and from it going to be a nightmare?

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So if I want to buy a dog from Pea and Hanky, I probably shouldn't tell them that I'm really buying it for my mother-in-law?

No, the dog must be used by you. Non-transferable.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Would they ship the dog? I don't really want to go to WV for any reason.

They deliver!

November 11th, 2005 08:48 AM
nankerphelge I posted it because the whole thing has bothered me from the start.

I didn't mention names because I wanted objective views on what happened, and not who it happened to.

November 11th, 2005 09:05 AM
Zeeta
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Am I off Base?

Well according to your signature pic you're on the Grand Slam!

First base - Kissing, especially "French" kissing.
Second base - Fondling or groping, especially of the breasts or genitals.
Third base - Depending on the speaker, either full nudity or a non-intercourse orgasm (especially when resulting from oral sex) or dry humping (clothed genital to genital stimulation).
Home run (or "Hitting it out of the park", etc.; sometimes "Fourth Base") - Sexual intercourse.
Grand Slam - Engaging in anal sex or other advanced sexual activity.

!!!!
November 11th, 2005 09:10 AM
Joey

Tell Me Everyone ............................

........... I'm curious !!!!!!

Do you like Sweaters ?!?! :

November 11th, 2005 09:17 AM
nankerphelge I had very hot jalepeno peppers on my fajitas yesterday!

This morning I've had a few "sweaters"!!!!

Gotta sit on an ice cube!
November 11th, 2005 09:27 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I had very hot jalepeno peppers on my fajitas yesterday!

This morning I've had a few "sweaters"!!!!

Gotta sit on an ice cube!

Shitting Liquid ?!?!?!

Please ............. I's justs Gots to's knows .

Joey " IKE " Turner
November 11th, 2005 09:31 AM
nankerphelge Nope -- no liquid phase

so far only solid and gas
by the way:

[Edited by nankerphelge]
November 11th, 2005 09:31 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Nanky you were absoluty right,but I wish to hell that I'd have known that you extras at the time!!! LOL!

If you hear of any extras for both shows let me know. That goes for anyone else reading this as well. Hey Essy did you ever score tickets?

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

I echo each and every word you said including the need for a ticket.

I'm late for work........

Oh, and it's only 10 weeks till 1/20/06.

Rick
November 11th, 2005 10:30 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:

I echo each and every word you said including the need for a ticket.

I'm late for work........

Oh, and it's only 10 weeks till 1/20/06.

Rick

Hi Rick .................

C10 Man !!!!!!

Jacky ! ™
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)