ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Opening acts for 2006 Tour? Return to archive
November 10th, 2005 10:56 AM
STPFan Anyone know any of the opening acts or have heard of rumors about who may be opening for the stones in 2006 yet?
November 10th, 2005 11:13 AM
Make It Funky Hopefully, there'll be a trickle of some North American support acts. Black Crowes maybe? The Thrills? Or maybe Toots & the Maytals again?

I dread the thought of Idlewild or Starsailor again. Maybe taht Spanish band that dan baird produced, Sugar Mountain?
They have a Stones-sound/look about them.

Cheers.
November 10th, 2005 11:21 AM
STPFan The Black Crowes would be nice. Maybe Velvet Revolver because they have a new album aimed for a spring release I think. I wouldn't mind that because I am a big Weiland fan. I will be at the Little Rock show, by the way.
[Edited by STPFan]
November 10th, 2005 11:26 AM
GimmeExile Velvet Revolver at the Forum on March 6...Please!
November 10th, 2005 11:32 AM
STPFan 2006 is right around the corner. They should be releasing some opening acts soon. I can't wait.
November 10th, 2005 12:27 PM
Dan Motley Crue is a possibility for more shows. Wouldnt be surprised if AC/DC or Metallica were added to some of the bigger European shows.
November 10th, 2005 12:42 PM
erikjjf Metallica and Motley Crue are both rumoured for Europe.
November 10th, 2005 03:57 PM
Gimme Shelter Isn't Metallica scheduled for Germany?
November 10th, 2005 04:34 PM
glencar Please, no Crowes! They might show up the Stones(j/k!!!).
November 10th, 2005 11:36 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Steve Earle & The Dukes
November 11th, 2005 12:28 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Steve Earle & The Dukes

that would be great!

velvet revolver (hometown gig) would be pretty cool at the forum.
November 11th, 2005 05:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please, no Crowes! They might show up the Stones(j/k!!!).

will they fuck!

quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Steve Earle & The Dukes

now you're talkin'....
November 11th, 2005 07:52 AM
Monkeytonk-man Black Crowes show up the Stones? not if they were anything like they were at Wembley on the Voodoo lounge tour.
November 11th, 2005 07:56 AM
Zeeta Arctic Monkeys! You know they won't tho...it'll be Danile Powter or James Blunt or the BEPS or someother shitty-poo-poo band...

November 11th, 2005 08:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Black Crowes show up the Stones? not if they were anything like they were at Wembley on the Voodoo lounge tour.

my point of reference exactly

They were shown up by the rain on that final night and made an early and much-welcomed exit!

Opening for the Stones isn't an easy task for anyone, although some acts have done well.

They were very disappointing as I'd heard great things about them
[Edited by Gazza]
November 11th, 2005 10:45 AM
Make It Funky I agree, the 1995 version of the Black Crowes (particularly opening up at Wembley in July) were imo the worst performance(s) of the Crowes career. Brotherly problems I reckon.

However, the latest incarnation of the Crowes will truly blow your mind - and just like any band has "bad" gigs, the Crowes have had them too. Please don't cast them by those pathetic July 1995 shows.

Check out the Crowes doing "Coming Home" or "PreRoads Down" or "Long Long Long" on their website. You'll catch my drift.

Perhaps the invitation of the Crowes as opening act, would instigate the Stones to play a bit harder, and work a little more..? I could only hope so, for the Crowes won't let the Stones get "off" easy. (and maybe it would be adverse for the Stones to have the Crowes be the opening act).

Cheers.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)