ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is A/C D/C "the Greatest...." Return to archive
November 9th, 2005 07:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels According to a posting on the AC/DC fan site Crabsody In Blue, an AC/DC convention is scheduled to take place at the famous Cavern club in Liverpool on Saturday, January 28, 2006. More information is available by visiting www.cavern-liverpool.co.uk or www.rockoff.co.uk or by writing to Gary at [email protected].

Undercover News recently reported that AC/DC are among the artists who are said to be planning performances in Australia next March to mark the 2006 Commonwealth Games to be held in Melbourne.

AC/DC's "Back in Black" album was recently certified for U.S. shipments of 21 million copies, tying it for fifth place with BILLY JOEL's "Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & II" on the Recording Industry Assn. of America's all-time best-sellers list.
November 9th, 2005 07:20 PM
stonedinaustralia have i told you about the time i saw bon scott fronting an adelaide band in a south australian country town at the local hall when i was thirteen to an audience of about 50 high school kids in 1971

oh yeah, i have
November 9th, 2005 07:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Argueably the greatest front man ever....no exceptions not even Mick, or even Elvis. Scott had "the something".

November 9th, 2005 07:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ....combine that with Angus and Malcolm and you've got almost "the Greatest Rock n Roll band in the World."
November 9th, 2005 07:34 PM
texile now that's a hairy torso!
stoned - do you think scott wrote most of back in black...?
i had always given the credit to BJ - but my friend tells me the songs had already been written before scott died.....
they are scotland/australia's greatest gift to mankind...no doubt.
this was the best air guitar album when i was 12.
November 9th, 2005 07:35 PM
lotsajizz they were somthin'!!
November 9th, 2005 07:58 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
texile wrote:

stoned - do you think scott wrote most of back in black...?
i had always given the credit to BJ - but my friend tells me the songs had already been written before scott died.....
they are scotland/australia's greatest gift to mankind...no doubt.

well texile i'm no real expert on ac/dc but that may well be the case

funnily enough i've never been a huge fan 'tho i do like some of the bon era stuff simply because of bon

"long way to the top" is great favourite of mine
November 9th, 2005 08:55 PM
Soldatti Please, drop the damn new album!
Almost 6 years without new AC/DC music.
November 9th, 2005 09:02 PM
glencar I have no problems with ac/dc but MICK will always be the greatest front man in rock.
[Edited by glencar]
November 9th, 2005 09:09 PM
winter
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Argueably the greatest front man ever....no exceptions not even Mick, or even Elvis. Scott had "the something".

TTM,

Don't get me wrong, I love AC / DC, particularly the Bon Scott era, but when you say "the something" do you mean jeans that are entirely too tight? I am starting to question whether Bon Scott choked on his vomit or died from penile asphyxiation.

wintah
November 9th, 2005 09:18 PM
sirmoonie They weren't close to the greatest, but they were/are damn good and majorly underated.

I dig AC/DC!
November 9th, 2005 11:17 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
winter wrote:

TTM,

Don't get me wrong, I love AC / DC, particularly the Bon Scott era, but when you say "the something" do you mean jeans that are entirely too tight? I am starting to question whether Bon Scott choked on his vomit or died from penile asphyxiation.

wintah

Hahahahahhahahahhahaha you really made me laugh

AC DC. After the Stones, my favourite. By the way, I`m hearing "Inject The Venom" right now.
November 10th, 2005 02:46 AM
Zack I thought he choked on somebody else's vomit.
November 10th, 2005 05:59 AM
J.J.Flash God bless Bon Scott.....one of the guys in Rock'n'Roll I really love and respect the most!

I remember in Four Flicks or Toronto Rocks DVD when Charlie Watts describes AC/DC music as something like it being simple, rootsy and pretty honest. I whole-heartedly agree!
November 10th, 2005 07:19 AM
IzzyStradlin Nope - Bon Scott RULED and he was far more genuine than Mick.

AS far as a new album, that's a little scary, BJ's voice is clearly tiring. Not Rod Stewart tired, but tired nonetheless.
November 10th, 2005 07:32 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
BJ's voice is clearly tiring. Not Rod Stewart tired, but tired nonetheless.

how could it not?
November 10th, 2005 08:34 AM
padre Brian should stop screaming. VH1 aired a studio live gig from AC/DC in 2002 (I think). Brian sung Gone Shootin' without screaming his lungs out with a bit of Bon's style and sounded great. Like he did on Boogie Man (Ballbreaker). He should do more of that, just as Mick has dropped his Dirty Work -era growling...
November 10th, 2005 08:48 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
padre wrote:
Brian should stop screaming. VH1 aired a studio live gig from AC/DC in 2002 (I think). Brian sung Gone Shootin' without screaming his lungs out with a bit of Bon's style and sounded great. Like he did on Boogie Man (Ballbreaker). He should do more of that, just as Mick has dropped his Dirty Work -era growling...

You've got a good point Padre!
November 10th, 2005 10:10 AM
Jumping Jack Do yourself a favor and get a copy of Family Jewels.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007R083A/102-4387273-5228926?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance

November 10th, 2005 11:11 AM
The_Worst
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

well texile i'm no real expert on ac/dc but that may well be the case

funnily enough i've never been a huge fan 'tho i do like some of the bon era stuff simply because of bon

"long way to the top" is great favourite of mine

Not to sound arrogant, but I actually consider myself an expert on AC/DC. I have every album, tons of bootlegs & have even met all 5 of the boys (Great guys by the way!)

As far as who wrote Back in Black goes, the story is that Bon may have had some titles & ideas but then when Angus, Malcolm, & Brian sat down after Bon died & started playing the riffs most of the words changed. For example, the title "Rock 'n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" may have been floating around when Bon was alive but when they recorded it Brian just made most of those lyrics up (especially the intro part) off the top of his head in the studio.

If you really want to learn more about Back in Black pick up the Back in Black dual disc release that came out recently. There is a DVD where they talk about each track & it is excellent!

Also, in my opinion, "If You Want Blood" & "Live" are ESSENTIAL albums that everyone should own. They are both live and represent everything AC/DC is about. One of the best (if not the best) live bands in the world!!
November 10th, 2005 11:14 AM
nankerphelge When I caught AC/DC at the SARS fest, I was surprised how good BJ sounded singing the old Bon-era tunes -- I think his voice did better on those than on the BJ-era stuff.

Me dig AC/DC too!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
November 10th, 2005 11:45 AM
Saint Sway doh!
[Edited by Saint Sway]
November 10th, 2005 11:45 AM
Saint Sway I dug the Crowes Halloween version... "BC/DC"!!!!

hell yeah!!
November 10th, 2005 04:24 PM
Ronnie Richards Everything AC/DC released with Bon Scott is essential for any self-respecting rock'n'roll fan.
And I agree with Keith - Powerage is their best album.

November 11th, 2005 02:27 AM
padre
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Please, drop the damn new album!
Almost 6 years without new AC/DC music.

That's because Brian Johnson's been busy as Marge's voice in Simpsons.
November 11th, 2005 03:55 AM
corgi37 I got a bootleg of Bon singing Back in Black. Never really a huge fan. Dont own any stuff, just downloaded songs. Made a compilation early this year that i quite like.

Cannot stand BJ's singing. Just hate it, but like a few of the stuff from his era.
November 11th, 2005 06:24 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I got a bootleg of Bon singing Back in Black. [...]

******************{Jay's voice immediately turned week as Marlon Brando having a heart-attack}**********************

Are you serious my friend??!?!??

Can you send me just one lousy e-mail with this perl, COrgi?!?!?!?! Please...... please......

I would owe something for the rest of my life.....
November 11th, 2005 07:50 AM
Monkeytonk-man Bon Scott singing Back in Black?

Think your'e taking the piss mate.
November 11th, 2005 08:32 AM
Schleisher This has been widely discredited on AC/DC sites. The bootleg that is sometimes passed off as Bon singing Back In Black is actually an AC/DC tribute band whose lead singer sounds a lot like Bon.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)