ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Crazy Mama Return to archive
November 8th, 2005 08:18 AM
Flashpoint Besides it's a great song on a mediocre album, what is it about?.....it could be about Mick's mom?
November 8th, 2005 11:57 AM
Jair
quote:
Flashpoint wrote:
Besides it's a great song on a mediocre album, what is it about?.....it could be about Mick's mom?

wow! Its all about opinion, but I dont think Black & Blue mediocre at all:
First: the best all times Stones ballad: Memory Motel
Plus: Fool To Cry, another greatest.

More: Hand of Fate, Hey Negrita, Hot Stuff, Melody...Do you call this mediocre?

Oh, I dont think it's about Mick's mum.

November 8th, 2005 12:15 PM
Saint Sway excellent question!

YES! this song was written about Micks mom. Specifically the line "I'm gonna bust out your knees with a bullet"

its been common fact for many years that Mick wanted to shoot his mother and this line set her straight: "If you don't think I'm gonna do it
Just wait for the thud of the bullet "

I have a similiar question for you: Do you ever hear voices in your head? Does Satan ever communicate to you thru your pet dog?

just checking...
November 8th, 2005 12:24 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
Jair wrote:

First: the best all times Stones ballad: Memory Motel
Plus: Fool To Cry, another greatest.

There are like 15 stones ballads before those 2...starting with Let It Loose as the best one ever.... by any band or human being.
Hand of Fate is the other one i like, but it could have been a lot better...more agressive, a little bit faster...it would rocked the hell out if it'd been released on Some Girls
November 8th, 2005 12:47 PM
Jair
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
excellent question!

YES! this song was written about Micks mom. Specifically the line "I'm gonna bust out your knees with a bullet"

its been common fact for many years that Mick wanted to shoot his mother and this line set her straight: "If you don't think I'm gonna do it
Just wait for the thud of the bullet "

I have a similiar question for you: Do you ever hear voices in your head? Does Satan ever communicate to you thru your pet dog?

just checking...

Nowe WE'RE talking, Saint Sway!
See, because this specific song I shoted my mum and now she is the wheel chair. (Me: should be at the electric chair!)

But the past use to be worst: At the first mum was kinda a vegetal thing, but then one day she woked up and now she lives happy on his wheel chair listening Yer Blues all the time.
November 8th, 2005 12:57 PM
BILL PERKS JAIR-THE KINGS ENGLISH ,PLEASE
November 8th, 2005 01:35 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
excellent question!

just checking...

Oh No, Not You Again........
November 8th, 2005 01:42 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JAIR-THE KINGS ENGLISH ,PLEASE

Hi Perky....

still digging ABB like young Jay used to?

Regards!
November 8th, 2005 01:48 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Hi Perky....

still digging ABB like young Jay used to?

Regards!

ABSOLUTELY
November 8th, 2005 01:52 PM
texile yeah flash - i think let it loose is the greatest SONG ever written.......period, but B&B is NOT mediocre;
its superior to most of the stones post-some girls output.
i remember the first time i heard it.....it was one of the last stones albums i got because there were no recognizable hits.......but its like ghs and iorr in that respect - it's so different and eclectic than anything else in thier catalogue that it just blew me away.

and crazy mama is definately about eva:
sample lyric:
'well you crazy mama - with your ball and chain..
you're plain psychotic, plain insane...'
what a mama's boy.
November 8th, 2005 05:13 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
texile wrote:
yeah flash - i think let it loose is the greatest SONG ever written.......period, but B&B is NOT mediocre;
its superior to most of the stones post-some girls output.
i remember the first time i heard it.....it was one of the last stones albums i got because there were no recognizable hits.......but its like ghs and iorr in that respect - it's so different and eclectic than anything else in thier catalogue that it just blew me away.

and crazy mama is definately about eva:
sample lyric:
'well you crazy mama - with your ball and chain..
you're plain psychotic, plain insane...'
what a mama's boy.

Thank you Tex for answering my question..and you correct me very good ..it's SONG, not just ballad
November 8th, 2005 06:31 PM
Soldatti B&B mediocre?
It's a fucking cool/funny record!
November 8th, 2005 10:07 PM
Bruno Stone I heard a song by The Faces wich intro is equal to Crazy Mama one. I mean, Crazy Mama intro is a bit equal to a Faces song... maybe Ronnie reused what he early played. Sorry, don`t know the name of the song.
November 9th, 2005 02:15 AM
padre Dunno 'bout Faces but Rod's Hot Legs has a very similar groove and the guitar riff is also pretty near to Mama. But Ronnie's not in it. Or then Ronnie's influenced BOTH Crazy Mama and Hot Legs (without credited on either one)!
November 9th, 2005 07:59 AM
Jair
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JAIR-THE KINGS ENGLISH ,PLEASE

Sorry Bill, I'm too lazy these days...
November 10th, 2005 06:35 AM
Jair
quote:
Jair wrote:

Sorry Bill, I'm too lazy these days...

Actually, Bill, I was wondering if you, or another good soul here, could correct that my msg and post it here again.
Maybe, then, I lear the right words. What can you say?
(If so, please, put the right words in capital letters).

Doo-Doo Puggie, Glencar...I'd really apreciate and thank you guys. And one more time, sorry by the crap English.

See, "Rocks Off" may be also a good School English...
November 10th, 2005 08:45 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff You're right Padre, Hot Legs got the identic riff of Crazy Mama...absolutely wonderfull rock'n'roll icons!!
November 10th, 2005 09:42 AM
Schooner333 I love "Black and Blue", I think it's a great album and far from mediocre.

Have y'all seen this flash for "Crazy Mama": http://www.exile.com.au/stones/
November 10th, 2005 11:48 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
I heard a song by The Faces wich intro is equal to Crazy Mama one. I mean, Crazy Mama intro is a bit equal to a Faces song... maybe Ronnie reused what he early played. Sorry, don`t know the name of the song.

The Black Crowes ripped off the guitar riffs in Crazy Mama on a tune called "By Your Side"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)