ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Promotion to see Stones for free in BA Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 4th, 2005 08:13 AM
Jair A Brasilian radiostation (www.ipanema.com.br) is doing a promotion to take two people to see the Stones for free in Buenos Aires. To enter in the contest, you have to answer some questions.
I need some help to the following questions.

In the Dirty Mac, who played
vocal/guitar:
Bass:
Drums:
show name:
Beatles song played at that show:

2 - Name of the people/artist who made the covers of live albuns in 1977, 1982 and 1991:
1977: Andy warhol, right?
1982: ?????
1991: Tony King?

3 - Whick track had Eric Clapton participation on Flashpoint?

4 - An American novel - name, please? - is completing 40 yrs and to celebrate the mark is promoting a new stones video.
What is the novel/serie name?
In which channel the serie is broadcasted?
What is the name of Stones music/video used?
Which day and month in 1965 happened the premiere of this novel/serie?

Many thanks anyone.
The winner will be announced in next January.

November 4th, 2005 10:13 AM
J.J.Flash Good luck Gaucho! Would be great if we both win this contest. Could you help young Jay out with some answers possibly hard to find?

Obrigado!
November 4th, 2005 10:18 AM
glencar
quote:
Jair wrote:
A Brasilian radiostation (www.ipanema.com.br) is doing a promotion to take two people to see the Stones for free in Buenos Aires. To enter in the contest, you have to answer some questions.
I need some help to the following questions.

In the Dirty Mac, who played
vocal/guitar: Lennon
Bass:
Drums: Charlie
show name: Rock & Roll Circus
Beatles song played at that show: Yer Blues

2 - Name of the people/artist who made the covers of live albuns in 1977, 1982 and 1991:
1977: Andy warhol, right?
1982: ?????
1991: Tony King?

3 - Whick track had Eric Clapton participation on Flashpoint? Little Red Rooster

4 - An American novel - name, please? - is completing 40 yrs and to celebrate the mark is promoting a new stones video.
What is the novel/serie name? Days Of Our Lives (TV Soap)
In which channel the serie is broadcasted? NBC
What is the name of Stones music/video used? SOL
Which day and month in 1965 happened the premiere of this novel/serie?

Many thanks anyone.
The winner will be announced in next January.

November 4th, 2005 10:23 AM
J.J.Flash Could you help me Blue, for real?
November 4th, 2005 10:25 AM
J.J.Flash I mean, the only thing I don't know is about the covers and its designers and the one about this novel/serie.....
November 4th, 2005 10:27 AM
throbby Dirty Mac had Keith on bass

82 live cover done by a Japanese artist
November 4th, 2005 10:29 AM
voodoopug
quote:
throbby wrote:
Dirty Mac had Keith on bass

Dirty Mac had Keith on bass, Lennon on guitar/vocals, Mitch Mitchel on Drums, and Clapton on GUitar

Clapton played on Little Red Rooster on Flashpoint
November 4th, 2005 10:30 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
throbby wrote:
Dirty Mac had Keith on bass

...and Mitch Mitchell on drums......
November 4th, 2005 10:33 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Dirty Mac had Keith on bass, Lennon on guitar/vocals, Mitch Mitchel on Drums, and Clapton on GUitar

Clapton played on Little Red Rooster on Flashpoint

As a humble soldier of your army, young Jay humbly ask your help with the two worst questions, hard to find the answer, 2 (cover art and respective artists) and 4 (about the TV serie).

Even not knowledgeable compared to the likes of Essessy, Maxlugar, Fleabit, Riffhard, and so forth, young Jay surely could easily answer the other questions.... but #2 and #4 are really hard.....
November 4th, 2005 10:34 AM
throbby Still Life cover was done by Kazushige Yamazaki!
November 4th, 2005 10:36 AM
glencar Kazuhide Yamakazi did Still Life cover!
November 4th, 2005 10:52 AM
glencar All I could find our about that Days Of Our Lives show was that it started in Nov. 1965. Don't have the exact date.
November 4th, 2005 10:54 AM
JuanTCB Question #4:

"Streets Of Love" is the song and "Days Of Our Lives" is the TV show - it debuted in November 8, 1965. NBC is the network that broadcasts it.

Good luck, Jair!

November 4th, 2005 11:09 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
Question #4:

"Streets Of Love" is the song and "Days Of Our Lives" is the TV show - it debuted in November 8, 1965. NBC is the network that broadcasts it.

Good luck, Jair!

Good luck young Jay!

Thanks for the information guys! Very generous!
November 4th, 2005 11:19 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
Kazuhide Yamakazi did Still Life cover!

Glenny, I think his name is Kazushige, as Throbby spelled..... not sure though...
November 4th, 2005 11:20 AM
Gazza I dont see any specific credit for the design of the artwork on "Flashpoint" but Tony king is credited with "artwork co-ordination" which may be the answer theyre looking for.

However, Tony King is/was one of the band's PR guys at around that time - I would doubt whether he actually designed the artwork himself.

"Dirty Mac" answers
vocal/guitar: JOHN LENNON
Bass: KEITH RICHARDS
Drums: MITCH MITCHELL
show name: ROLLING STONES ROCK 'N' ROLL CIRCUS
Beatles song played at that show: YER BLUES

(Clapton and Yoko were also in the band, but theyre not looking for that info...)
[Edited by Gazza]
November 4th, 2005 11:27 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont see any specific credit for the design of the artwork on "Flashpoint" but Tony king is credited with "artwork co-ordination" which may be the answer theyre looking for.

However, Tony King is/was one of the band's PR guys at around that time - I would doubt whether he actually designed the artwork himself.

"Dirty Mac" answers
vocal/guitar: JOHN LENNON
Bass: KEITH RICHARDS
Drums: MITCH MITCHELL
show name: ROLLING STONES ROCK 'N' ROLL CIRCUS
Beatles song played at that show: YER BLUES

(Clapton and Yoko were also in the band, but theyre not looking for that info...)
[Edited by Gazza]

According to this http://www.rollingstones.com/discog/?view=album&id=30 Tony King was responsible for the artwork, but it also mentions at the end of the list, Garry Mouat - Artwork, Art Direction

As for R'n'R Circus question, they ask for the another guy playing guitar, Clapton.
November 4th, 2005 11:43 AM
glencar
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Glenny, I think his name is Kazushige, as Throbby spelled..... not sure though...

If it is, then I have a misprinted CD that must be worth at least the price of front row seats!
November 4th, 2005 11:55 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:

If it is, then I have a misprinted CD that must be worth at least the price of front row seats!

I'm just asking because I've travelled to São Paulo to visit my parents and to watch 2 stirring up Deep Purple gigs + posing with IAN GILLAN for a picture + their brand new album autographed, and my LPs and CDs are not here with me, that's why I'm not sure if what's correct, Kazushige or Kazuhide.
November 4th, 2005 11:57 AM
glencar No probs, mon! My CD says it's Kazuhide but who the ehll knows?
November 4th, 2005 12:58 PM
throbby The spelling I used came from the RS.com discography info. Who knows?
November 4th, 2005 01:09 PM
Gazza For what its worth, a google search seems to suggest that its Kazushige, going by the numerous results to artwork, anime and music

There are entries for a guy with the first name of Kazuhide - but he seems to be an expert on sake and not album artwork!
November 4th, 2005 02:02 PM
glencar Maybe he was the "Blondie" for that tour & they got the names confused!
November 4th, 2005 02:46 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
throbby wrote:
The spelling I used came from the RS.com discography info. Who knows?

Mine too. Also, I found the same spelling through other websites of this kind of information
November 4th, 2005 04:23 PM
Jair Many thanks to anyone!
You guys are the finest!
Really thanks!!!

PS
Here is the link to access the page directly:
http://www2.uol.com.br/ipanema/promocoes.shtml

Hey JJ, do you also got this radiostation in Sao Paulo now?
As long as I know, its a station here from the south (Porto Alegre city)

[Edited by Jair]
November 7th, 2005 08:40 AM
Jair Hey JJ,

I'm having problems to fill those fucking fields.
I did everything as said here, and for three times, but its appearing a pop-up window written "one or more answers are incorrect. Try again".

Fucky sucky!!!

Did you get enter in the promo?
November 9th, 2005 08:03 AM
Jair
quote:
Jair wrote:
Hey JJ,
I'm having problems to fill those fucking fields.
I did everything as said here, and for three times, but its appearing a pop-up window written "one or more answers are incorrect. Try again".

Did you get enter in the promo?

JJ, can you answer me, please?
Thanks!
November 10th, 2005 06:52 AM
Jair
quote:
Jair wrote:

Thanks!

JJ, I can believe you still are ignoring me, you bastard.
LOL!!!

The funny thing about this promotion is that the "Ipanema" radiostation was the one where I first met the Stones, listening Hey Negrita, Fool to Cry, Crazy mama...

At that time, the girl behind the mic was a girl named Katia Suman. I still remember very well. And Ipanema was probably the unique AM station that played rock and roll all the time. (Later, the station changed to FM, as we know it now).

Because that, I'm totaly sure now I will one of the chosen guys.

November 10th, 2005 07:52 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

Thanks!

I wasn't ignoring you Jair, there's no reason to behave like that man, don't worry. Well, after spending some serious time trying, I've finally entered the correct values for those fields. First you must sign up their Form (not just the one of this contest, but the personal information form in order to become a member).

Tell me if the problem persists.

Cheers mate!
November 10th, 2005 08:01 AM
J.J.Flash As for the "incorrect answers error", I've got the same problem. Since I've filled this form last week, I can't exactly remember which of the answers was typed wrong. I will try again later using someone else's name and will let you know
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)