ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Paris burns Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
November 3rd, 2005 07:14 PM
Riffhard Here's hoping all of our French Rocks Offers are cool tonight. What the hell is going on over there guys? As this uprising affected any of you guys/gals? Stay safe.

Riffy
November 4th, 2005 02:24 AM
glencar Race riots, it seems. Good luck Frenchies! Stay wet!
November 4th, 2005 02:34 AM
Monkey Woman Thanks for the concern, but it's probably been exagerated in the foreing media. It's already calming down and there's been a lot of breaking and burning but not too many people were hurt, thankfully. And it's not Paris but the poor suburbs near Paris where tourists never go...

You ask what the matter: two kids (14 and 16) died last week because they tried to hide from the police in an electrical industrial site at night. Details are not clear yet, and the enquiry will have to say if the kids had something to fear from the policemen or if they could have been saved if the patrol had reported it before, etc. They were from a poverty-ridden community, near Paris, with a lot unemployment and crime. Nicolas Sarkozy, Minister of the Interior (home security), made things worse when he said that the kids were involved in a burglary (they weren't) and that he would punish the "bad guys" and "clean up" the area. It was the spark which lighted the fire, and it went bad after that.

The government was ridiculously incompetent. Instead of working together, they slagged each other on TV, playing the blame game, as you would say.
November 4th, 2005 04:38 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Here's hoping all of our French Rocks Offers are cool tonight. What the hell is going on over there guys? As this uprising affected any of you guys/gals? Stay safe.

Riffy

thanks for the kind words Riffy.
MW did a good explanation, I totally agree with her!

cheers
JU
November 4th, 2005 05:56 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER Merci Yelka
November 4th, 2005 08:28 AM
Maxlugar I am absolutely shocked that France has turned into such a violent and uncaring society. How can a Western country be so heartless as to keep their struggling, hard working, disenfranchised minorities hoarded up in these sterile ghettoes? No jobs. No self esteem. No brie!

It’s too bad that racist Jacques Chirac can’t just electrocute all his underprivileged on some giant electric fence and sweep this problem under the rug! Vampire! These poor people are simply rising up and demanding they be counted! I now see why France did not join with the U.S. in Iraq; they were too busy chasing Muslim youths out for a jog into electric fences!

I’m afraid we just might see night 9, 10, 11…50 of this protest. It will go on until the violent, racist government of Jacques Chirac is replaced and a more coddling and nurturing leader emerges.

For shame, France.

Good thing we have some good French people right on this board.

All my best,

Maxy.
November 4th, 2005 08:28 AM
Jumping Jack The greedy infidels have no compassion for the plight of these poor people. They need to become bilingual and hand over more of their income and personal property so these poor immigrants do not feel like scum. Every citizen should attend government sponsored sensitivity and diversity training.
November 4th, 2005 09:18 AM
Monkey Woman Yeah, right! I see the usual "right wing humour" is here in spades!

Everybody likes to snicker when a country with a rep for lecturing others experiences social unrest. Why not, if it makes some feel better...

BTW, seriously, the main problem with Sarkozy is that he talks big but does little. Verbally, he's a firebrand, but he's also cut down the numbers of policemen in the more "difficult" areas! Being ambitious and doing his damnedest to get in the media, he prefers high profile missions to everyday work where it's needed. Go figure, then, why dealers and thieves think they can get away with anything!

He's not the only problem, but right now, he's just hated by too many and his being in charge of security does more evil than good on the whole.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
November 4th, 2005 09:38 AM
the good
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I am absolutely shocked that France has turned into such a violent and uncaring society. How can a Western country be so heartless as to keep their struggling, hard working, disenfranchised minorities hoarded up in these sterile ghettoes? No jobs. No self esteem. No brie!

It’s too bad that racist Jacques Chirac can’t just electrocute all his underprivileged on some giant electric fence and sweep this problem under the rug! Vampire! These poor people are simply rising up and demanding they be counted! I now see why France did not join with the U.S. in Iraq; they were too busy chasing Muslim youths out for a jog into electric fences!

I’m afraid we just might see night 9, 10, 11…50 of this protest. It will go on until the violent, racist government of Jacques Chirac is replaced and a more coddling and nurturing leader emerges.

For shame, France.

Good thing we have some good French people right on this board.

All my best,

Maxy.

LOL
November 4th, 2005 10:11 AM
glencar Why is Sarkozy getting more blame than the damned immigrants who are burning things down?
November 4th, 2005 10:14 AM
Monkey Woman Read my edited post, maybe you'll get a clue
November 4th, 2005 10:16 AM
glencar Dear, I just read that one. It sounds like Sarkozy could do a better job keeping the new immigrants from arriving but he didn't start the fire, as it were.
November 4th, 2005 10:30 AM
Monkey Woman Obviously, you know everything there is to know about the whole problem, so it's a waste of time and pixels talking with you.
November 4th, 2005 10:34 AM
glencar Right back atcha, hon!
November 4th, 2005 12:19 PM
RedLight The problem is that FRANCE WON'T LET THEM LEAVE!!

They keep them imprisoned in these buildings and won't let them return to the paradise of their original country. They realize that Islame creates wonderful homelands, and that infidels just create countries that are a living hell.

But even the muzzies admit their rituals aren't original... you know that thing they do when they bend over and stick their butt in the air five times a day? THEY STOLE THAT FROM MONKEYS! It's called the "presentation of the buttocks", and submissive monkeys (the fidels) do it to appease the dominant monkey (allah).

http://www.primates.com/bonobos/bonobo-info.html

social presenting: This is where the individual is in a quadrupedal stance with the rump facing the receiver (Estes, 1991). This is performed by females to males and by subordinate males to more dominant males (Estes, 1991). Open mouth grin may occur by the individual as they look over their shoulder at the receiver (Estes, 1991). This is a submissive stance and occurs after an attack by the attackee (Estes, 1991).

http://www.monkeyzone.com/macaque.htm

After a conflict, they have a ritual reconciliation behavior in which the subordinate presents its hindquarters to the dominant, which clasps the presenter by the rump. The eases the tension between individuals.
November 4th, 2005 12:41 PM
glencar Quel fantastique!
November 4th, 2005 12:43 PM
Jumacfly I love this thread!
November 4th, 2005 02:00 PM
glencar C'est magnifiquie!
November 4th, 2005 02:58 PM
MononoM but what can a poor boy do...
November 4th, 2005 03:05 PM
Monkey Woman I'm afraid there's a big misconception here and probably on American TV too. There's no "race" riots in Paris right now. Just riots. It's not a problem of Islam against the Occident or whatever! Half of the young men or kids burning cars and busses or throwing stones to the police are French anyway, of European ethnic stock! These guys are dangerous, but that's because they want to fight and break everything, not because they are foreigners or muslims.

Living in Paris, I've been keeping an close eye on the news these few last days, and I can tell you the police themselves don't see it as race or religious riots. Anyway, in many areas, the population is too mixed up. The nationalities and religions range from three continents, with a good helping of long-established French people. The area where I live has stayed calm and there's a majority of Arabs and other immigrants.

And the Islamic radicals are not encouraging the rioters, on the contrary! They'd rather say they were able to bring back the calm, to gain power over the muslim community... Not that it would be a good idea, in the long range.

The night is back, now. I'm thinking about the policemen and women, the firefighters and the mayors of Paris area towns: they are probably in for another difficult time, and they weren't helped by the bunch of power-hungry clowns who run the government. Sarkozy, Villepin and Chirac think too much about next election, and not about the job and hand. I hope sense will prevail but I don't feel any incline to laugh.
November 4th, 2005 03:09 PM
Jumping Jack Michael Brown is available to help. Can we send him over, please, LOL? He looks good on TV!
November 4th, 2005 03:14 PM
Monkey Woman Yep. That would be the last straw
November 4th, 2005 03:16 PM
Joey " How can a Western country be so heartless as to keep their struggling, hard working, disenfranchised minorities hoarded up in these sterile ghettoes? No jobs. No self esteem. No brie!"

November 4th, 2005 03:35 PM
sirmoonie Cheers! I agree Riffie! I hope all you Frenchmins get to go out and bust some stuff all up. There is nothing more fun that a good old drunken trash-n-bash riot!

Yes!

Yeahhhh! Fire in the hole!!!!
November 4th, 2005 03:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I'm afraid there's a big misconception here and probably on American TV too. There's no "race" riots in Paris right now. Just riots. It's not a problem of Islam against the Occident or whatever! Half of the young men or kids burning cars and busses or throwing stones to the police are French anyway, of European ethnic stock! These guys are dangerous, but that's because they want to fight and break everything, not because they are foreigners or muslims.

Living in Paris, I've been keeping an close eye on the news these few last days, and I can tell you the police themselves don't see it as race or religious riots. Anyway, in many areas, the population is too mixed up. The nationalities and religions range from three continents, with a good helping of long-established French people. The area where I live has stayed calm and there's a majority of Arabs and other immigrants.

And the Islamic radicals are not encouraging the rioters, on the contrary! They'd rather say they were able to bring back the calm, to gain power over the muslim community... Not that it would be a good idea, in the long range.

The night is back, now. I'm thinking about the policemen and women, the firefighters and the mayors of Paris area towns: they are probably in for another difficult time, and they weren't helped by the bunch of power-hungry clowns who run the government. Sarkozy, Villepin and Chirac think too much about next election, and not about the job and hand. I hope sense will prevail but I don't feel any incline to laugh.

Well, CNN & the rest of the leftish media are presenting it as Arabs & their spawn taking on white Frenchies. And no one's laughing but there is a bit of irony in the smug French who are always lecturing us facing their own racial strife.
November 4th, 2005 04:43 PM
the good
quote:
glencar wrote:

Well, CNN & the rest of the leftish media are presenting it as Arabs & their spawn taking on white Frenchies. And no one's laughing but there is a bit of irony in the smug French who are always lecturing us facing their own racial strife.

Say Amen!!!!
November 4th, 2005 07:34 PM
PeerQueer Moulin Rouge was a great musical!
November 4th, 2005 09:21 PM
gorda
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Moulin Rouge was a great musical!

I took a picture in front of the Moulin Rouge, but I didn't get to go in! I did go see another show! It was pretty good! It did make me feel a bit jealous though, these beautiful girls with these perfect bodies! Dancing so gracefully and wearing these extravagent costumes!

P.S. Being poor is not an excuse to break the law and do stupid things!
November 4th, 2005 09:24 PM
gorda P.S.S. There was this documentary movie back in the early 90's called "Paris Burning", something like that, but it was about drag queens in New York City.

I never got to see it! Maybe, I'll go rent it, if it's available still.
November 4th, 2005 09:34 PM
PeerQueer I know that film - so-so.

Never been much of a drag queen fan myself.

Brazilian shemales on the other hand...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)