ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Watching Let's Spend the Night Together Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
November 3rd, 2005 04:08 PM
deuce Dude, come on now...enough is enough.

I'm not European, but I don't think what you said was cool at all. What makes you think your any better than a European rock fan? Your not. Everyone has their own tastes. But don't come on here and put down Europeans for not "knowing rock and roll" or however the fuck you phrased it because I bet some of what's good to you is shit to me.
November 3rd, 2005 04:30 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
moulty wrote:
Mathijs , you're "Yuropean", you don't have a CLUE about rock n' roll.

well mr.moulty i have been reading your posts in this thread with interest and have even agreed with some of the points you have made

but the quote above would have to be one of the most ridiculous statements i have ever read in the years that i have been at this board

not so much that it is directed at mathjis but rather the sweeping generality of the comment is truly breath taking in its stupidity

if you knew anything about rock and rock (and you do give the impression,at times, that you do) you would know that first and foremost it is about spirit,attitude and feeling and to say that ones nationality or the continent on which one lives will dictate a persons ability to understand and identify with that feeling and attitude is idiocy of the highest order - the spirit of rock and roll is universal

i mean, to follow your logic (and i think you said you were canadian) then you wouldn't have much of a clue either if Loverboy are anything to go by

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
November 3rd, 2005 05:31 PM
star star i thought lots of canadians have european ancestry, like french and english et al?
November 3rd, 2005 06:50 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ah ah argggghhhh!!
Bill was THE GROOVE , Darryl's playing is embarrasing and basic.
Just listen the difference on Shattered for example...

Sorry, but i've gotta disagree with you on Darryl. Listen to the theatre gig on Four Flicks, his playing is consistent and spot on throughout, in fills too. Very good to excellent. Of course he can't be as good or replace Bill, but credit where its due.......................
November 3rd, 2005 07:34 PM
Riffhard
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
RIFFHARD,YOU ARE A GOOD POSTER AND AN ASSET TO ROCKS OFF,BUT LIKE MANY OF MY FRIENDS,YOU ARE TRULY MISGUIDED..
LONG LIVE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS EVERYWHERE!!KEEP THE FAITH-OUR DAYS WILL RETURN.

Well my friend I could very easily say the same about you,but as I have promised to drop the political rant on this thread I won't go there. Suffice it to say I was a registered Democrat for over twenty years. I have watched that party eat it's young for far too long.

No more politics here. All I have to say is this---------------------> moulty,you are an overblown windbag and an all around asshole. There are quite a few posters on this site that do not share my politics. There an equal amount who do. You,however,have registered on this site and immediatly started talking shit to people that have been here for years. You are a fucking newbie asshole. Get it through your fucking head. Even those who may not share some of my beliefs will rise to my defense simply because you have shown yourself to be a self important prick. Your opinions are just that your opinions so get over yourself!

In closing allow to once again invite you to fuck off prick!

Riffhard
November 3rd, 2005 07:55 PM
doo doo doo Dude Other great Canadian "rockers":

Men Without Hats
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Bryan Adams
Gordon Lightfoot
The Guess Who
Triumph
Blood Sweat & Tears
Gino Vannelli
The Lovin' Spoonful
Rush
April Wine

No wonder you are so proud, moulty!

November 3rd, 2005 08:08 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
moulty wrote:

I have no time for one more rock n' roll neophyte,

i'm not exactly sure if that comment is addressed to me but if it is then you have amply demonstrated that you are, as Riffy suggests, a self-important windbag

i've been listening to and absorbing facts, theories and apocrypha about rock and roll for over forty five years and have been playing it for more than thirty (yes i know i'm an old fart but not that old - music has been a central part of my life since i was captivated by the sounds coming from the radio at two years of age) and i've probably forgotten as much about the rolling stones and rock and roll in particular and music in general than you'll ever know - i say probably but i am relatively confident in that

in any event, to suggest i am a rock and roll neophyte is simply ridiculous and if it weren't for the fact that i don't really care i'd be insulted

it seems you certainly didn't join us here to make new friends or have some kind of dialouge with people because if you did you need to brush up on your communication skills

November 3rd, 2005 09:06 PM
Riffhard You're pathetic! I could dance circles around you with regards to politics and the Stones or rock and roll in general! That's a fact! I dare say that I have been a fan of the Stones longer your overblown self centered ass has been alive!

For that matter I'd be willing to bet that I was a registered Democrat longer than you have been alive. You are nothing more than a goddamned troll who is doing what trolls do best. Namely alienate every poster on the board. Your stay here will most likely be short lived because you have managed to piss off everyone.

Keep on keeping on you blowhard fuck. You certainly won't be missed when you're shown the door.

Riffhard
November 3rd, 2005 09:37 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
moulty wrote:

But there IS a larger theme here. Great 20th Century musc HAS come from North America, not Europe.

[Edited by moulty]

You got an 'F' in geography and you flaunt it?

You just dig yourself in to a deeper hole with each post

:-)
November 3rd, 2005 10:17 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I hear ya Essy. Hey,I hear you and Flea refer to Nancy Kulp alot. Tell me,did she really have that very New England type accent in her voice? She sounded like she was a veddy veddy upper crust Nantucket type. Sounds like she was one hell of a nice lady.

Riffy

Man, this is one fucked up thread...I just read the tail end of it. I don't like LSTNT much, so I hadn't bothered reading it up until now. Silly me, I thought the thread was about LSTNT!

Thanks for the things you said back there somewhere about us smoking a joint together...I'm just sorry it was crappy weed. I'll try to have something better next time. But your point was on the money. It's hard not to argue on a message board sometimes, but it ain't gonna happen in real life, especially when the Stones are in town!

About Nancy Kulp - she was one of the coolest ladies I ever met. Like SS said, you got used to being around her after awhile, even though she was not just a star but actually engrained in American culture in way. But I never got used to talking to her on the phone, because then it was JUST her voice, which was SO distinctive, and it was like you were talking to a TV character.

My mom was working on a book about Nancy when she (my mom) died, so there's all kinds of Nancy Kulp memorabilia around my family's house. Interesting stuff.

I gotta join that there "Non Affiliated" party too. I was a Republican for years because my mom was, and I wanted to be able to vote for her in primaries (she was a district magistrate for decades); when she retired from politics, I immediately joined the Democratic party simply because it was closer in theory to my beliefs. (She did too, come to think of it - like SS, so she could vote for Nancy) But they're all scum, on both sides of the aisle - this is a great country and it deserves great leaders. Too bad there are no great men left in the world.

Also: who the hell's this Mouldy guy? Sheesh!
November 3rd, 2005 10:42 PM
Riffhard Right on Flea. We cool. We've always been cool.

Ol' Nancy does sound like a great lady. Wish I'd have had the chance to meet her.

As for your history regarding politics,and your mother. That's pretty strange as my mother too was deeply involved in politics herself. Although she was a lifelong democrat. Her mother,my grandmother,was the chair of the Twin Cities Democratic Committee in St. Paul,Minn. back in the 50's.
I have a handwritten letter on White House stationary from JFK himself! It's a full page written by the man himself! No form letter bullshit. He basically just thanks her for her help during 1960 election. It's something that I vaule very much,and proudly show off to all my friends. The funny thing is that I too was a registered Dem while my mom was alive. Then the worm turned for me. My old man is a retired fullbird colonel from the Air Force,and he has shown me the light! LOL!

Enough about that shit though! As for mouldy. I have no idea who this fucknut is,but he has managed to piss off just about everyone here. Trolls. Ya can't live with 'em,and ya can't kill 'em via the keyboard. He won't last long is my bet.

Riffy
November 4th, 2005 12:09 AM
Riffhard ROTFLMAO!! See what I'm saying here guys?! Guy's a real piece of work ain't he?

You don't know me,but I'll go an the record right here and now by saying that I have vastly more knowledge than you do about everything. From the Stones to politics. Most here would back me up on that. Even if they don't vote as I do. I'm not gonna get down in the dirt with you though. You're intellectully retarded and have zilch in the way of couth. You are a blowhard and an ego maniac. You are a pathetic little man with big internet muscles.

Hope you're enjoying your time here. It won't last because you come on to this site and immediately start flaming everyone who does not prescribe to your fucked up overblown opinion of yourself. Poor little fella. I almost feel sorry for you. You obviously have little going for you in the real world.

Eat fuck asshole! While you're at it blow me.

Riffhard
November 4th, 2005 01:52 AM
padre Hey Fotini, check your PM.
November 4th, 2005 02:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot >There's fucking lame, and then there's just being an ASSHOLE.<

A truer statement was never uttered. Were you looking in the mirror when you thought that up?

Dude, do you seriously think you are the only person here who has Nuggets? Do you think you are the only one who knows that Moulty is a Barbarians single? Think you are the only person who knows that Blind Willie Mctell made sides before he was a Dylan song? You really have no idea with whom you are dealing. You sell the denizens of Rocks Off short. And in that you are very wrong.

Some of us here take our rock n roll very studiously. We read, we research...but most importantly, we LISTEN. Take for instance StonedInAustralia, whom you called a neophyte. It does not matter about the artist or the genre, that man can hold an informed conversation about it. You completely misunderstood his Loverboy comment. You painted Europe with the brush of Emerson Lake & Palmer, and yet when someone else painted Canada with the brush of Loverboy, you call him a neophyte. So what does that make you? Canada has produced some wonderful artists, both in music and theatrics...but Canada has also produced more than it's fair share of crap too. You can't be all that informed if we have to explain things like this to you.

And just so you know, Riffhard has made his living in rock n roll music for 20+ years. He may be a hypnotized sheep when it comes to politics, but the man knows rock n roll. It's what he does.

You confuse me Moulty. Why is it that ELP are "European", but yet The Stones are "English"? ELP & The Stones are from the same country. The British Isles are considered part of Europe. That makes the Brits European too. Euro's can't rock n roll? Bullshit.

Your posts are so full of contradictions that I sometimes question if you really even believe what you are typing...or if you are just arguing for argument sake. One point is well thought out, and the next is just asinine. It makes no sense. You are not consistent. Your posts are jumbled and rambling. Quite frankly, it's annoying. Take an english comp class at the local community college.

Look, I agree with some of the things you said. I think the Republican Party has lost it's way, as well as it's sanity. The President of the USA is a retard. I agree that the art of music should come before musicianship. Substance over form has long been my mantra. But for you to announce to the board that you are the only person here who know's what "real" rock n roll is...well, that's just dumb. And it makes all of your posts suspect.

Real rock n roll is defined be each individual listener according to his or her own individual tastes. Rock and roll is all about individual expression. The greatest thing about rock n roll is that it can be different things to different people. That's why a band who sings in Swedish can still turn on someone who doesn't speak a word of that language. Rock n roll is a language that EVERYONE, regardless of nationality, can speak. For you to deny such a thing, as you did with your "Yuropean" comment, is not very rock n roll of you.

If you would like to stay here and talk rock n roll with some very informed people, check your ego and attitude at the door, and come on in. We'd be glad to have you on board. Otherwise, take your rocknrollier-than-thou attitude and stick it up your ass...that is, if you can fit it in there beside your swelled head.

November 4th, 2005 04:32 AM
Zack Wasn't Moulty the the Barbarians' one-armed drummer too?
November 4th, 2005 04:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Sorry, but i've gotta disagree with you on Darryl. Listen to the theatre gig on Four Flicks, his playing is consistent and spot on throughout, in fills too. Very good to excellent. Of course he can't be as good or replace Bill, but credit where its due.......................

no offense mate! Darryl does great job on theatre show, you re right. I m a Bill fan, but of course Darryl's solo on Stray Cat Blues was a fantastic surprise!
November 4th, 2005 05:35 AM
FotiniD Moulty is really on the go, ain't he? Quite a case!

Seriously, with comments in the likes of "People like that are the idiots of the planet" (translation = people who don't agree with what he's saying ) I don't know why you guys bother explaining stuff or proving yourselves to him. Riffy, Sia, no need to bother guys. This just doesn't make sense, we all know each other here and there's no need to show "credentials" to every crazy guy who goes flaming. It ain't worth your time or energy.

Moulty, I don't believe in the newbie / old member distinction, but really, I think you've outdone it. You can easily express disagreement without starting a flame war, you don't know these people you're attacking and you shouldn't be so full of yourself. I'll leave the "Yuropean" stuff comment-free, what's there to say about that... Let loose a little before you turn everyone here against you.

Padre, check your pm too
[Edited by FotiniD]
November 4th, 2005 05:44 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
moulty wrote:

All that happened a LONG time ago was that I said :

"Ron Wood will never be a Rolling Stone"

That's IT. My opinion. [Edited by moulty]

Not only does he flunk geography but he's a liar too. Your defense of an objectively poorly performed show, the infamous Honolulu '66 show, was the first mound of dirt on your coffin. Since then you have buried yourself deeper than Beatrix in Paula Schulz's grave.....now let's see you climb out

right

OK now

Cazart!!!

November 4th, 2005 05:47 AM
Mathijs my god, we've seen some idiots come and go on these boards, but Moulty must be one of the biggest idiots of the last few years. It actually is a bit scary to see someone reasoning like he does, just like your having a discussion with a fanatically religeous person. You know there's no point to it. Well, Moulty, all I can do is wish you the best, I hope you enjoy your Canadion R&R (I actually never knew there is such a thing...), and I hope you'll enjoy the Crue opening for the Stones. That's R&R for you!

Mathijs
November 4th, 2005 05:51 AM
stonedinaustralia hi fotini

look what you've started!!- it's all your fault!!

thanks for the words but i feel no need to "prove" myself to this guy (or anyone) but i just couldn't let that "Yuropean" statement pass without comment - no offense to Ian Billen but not even Ian has made a comment as whacked out as that one (not even his pro bon jovi post!! - tho gazza may disagree)

the tragedy with this guy, as SS pointed out, is that half the time he's actually making some reasonable points then he blows it with his, again as SS put it, rock-and-rollier than thou attitude (nice phrase SS)

what i'd really like to see is nasty habits, FPM and sirmoonie give him a piece of their minds - that would make for some very entertaining reading

anyway, cheers fotini

November 4th, 2005 06:09 AM
FotiniD
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
hi fotini

look what you've started!!- it's all your fault!!

Haha, I know my dear Sia, this must be the longest and weirdest thread I've ever started, lol

quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
thanks for the words but i feel no need to "prove" myself to this guy (or anyone) but i just couldn't let that "Yuropean" statement pass without comment - no offense to Ian Billen but not even Ian has made a comment as whacked out as that one (not even his pro bon jovi post!! - tho gazza may disagree)

the tragedy with this guy, as SS pointed out, is that half the time he's actually making some reasonable points then he blows it with his, again as SS put it, rock-and-rollier than thou attitude (nice phrase SS)

what i'd really like to see is nasty habits, FPM and sirmoonie give him a piece of their minds - that would make for some very entertaining reading

I know, as Mathijs pointed out it's like trying to hold a conversation with a religious fanatic - it's not getting you anywhere, they're just going to keep insisting on their fanatical views and that's it. Comments such as the whole "Yuropean" stuff are just so ridiculous they contradict themselves! That's why I think it's not worth the time or effort.

Wow, and right this minute the radio's playing Rough Justice and I'm happy Off to listen to it.
November 4th, 2005 06:45 AM
FotiniD Lots and lots of anger there.
November 4th, 2005 06:52 AM
stonedinaustralia one thing's for sure

mouldy will NOT be greeted!!
November 4th, 2005 07:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
moulty wrote:

1 . Ron Wood will never be a "Rolling Stone".

How can he "never be a Rolling Stone"?, He IS a Rolling Stone.
November 4th, 2005 07:58 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
moulty wrote:
>How can he "never be a Rolling Stone"?, He IS a Rolling >Stone.

Well, that's why it's a fun concept to play with,

fun concept?? - to say Ronnie could "never be a rolling stone" - it's just a stupid statement

of course, it all depends on how you define "a rolling stone" but in many respects ronnie is more of a rolling stone than Mick T would ever be - depending, of course, upon your definition

and this is where you do contradict yourself - you say "technique" is not "music" but then you seem to suggest that ronnie is not worthy of "being" a stone because of his technical ability and that he is nowhere near the musician that MT is - wtf is that all about??

i don't know who you've won all your debates against and you keep on about this "appealing to the majority" stuff but your retreat into sweeping generalisations and gutter language shows a distinct lack of hard thinking

and citing robert christgau... well really... those debates must have been at high school

and i note your posts contain as many,indeed more, ad hominem (look it up - tho if you're the great debater that you say you are i'm sure you know what it means) comments as those directed against you

a question for you - what's your problem??

November 4th, 2005 08:39 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
moulty wrote:
>fun concept?? - to say Ronnie could "never be a rolling >stone" - it's just a stupid statement

To stupid people, maybe.

-- again with the personal attacks

>but in many respects ronnie is more of a rolling >stone >than Mick T would ever be - depending, of course, >upon >your definition

Yeah, as long as you don't define it by the quality of the albums. MickT is more important because he played on great albums.

-- but that's all just a matter of personal opinion and there's no right or wrong with that

>a question for you - what's my problem??

I give up, what?

- i'm asking the question - if i knew the answer i wouldn't have to ask - it's only logical

anyway mouldy it's been kind of fun - but i'm bored with you now - ciao baby

November 4th, 2005 09:02 AM
Navin Taylor is fat...Jimmy is dead...and Ronnie is rocking out with The Stones somewhere, and that's life!!

"You ask me how it was, thank goodness for making it they was it was, the way it is"

Now, this was taken up somewhere else:

Stones: Image vs Music

The Stones have a strong visual appeal, now everyone knows that, and most of them go to SEE them (not necessarily HEAR)...there must be many DEAF fans, but they also have their fair share of BLIND fans (at least two of them, Wonder and that 'Blind Angel')

Why is RON WOOD great?

- He's got BLACK hair - both Taylor and Jones were blondes

- He's got the most beautiful nose in all of Rock n Roll

- He's the coolest rock star in SHADES

- His narcotic and alcoholic appetites rival Keith Richards

- He looks like a ROLLING STONE

...............end of .....................
November 8th, 2005 04:49 AM
padre Hi Fotini. Check PM's.
November 9th, 2005 04:16 AM
IanBillen FontiniD,

I appreciate your insight but I do think you are missing the big picture here.

A. If Mick was to dance as spontaneous and silly as he did in those days or the seventies it would look out-dated, very over used, and really silly. He never danced or performed the same way on any tour. that was then and this is now. And for sure he cannot dress in football pants or anything these days.
Mick still acts like Mick yet in a more refined, older stage of the game way. If he acted and danced as he used to in 1978 or 81 everyone would be like "Mick, cut me a break dude your a Grandfather now and go Bird watching for god;s sake get over yourself and the way you used to be cause you, and times are very different now old fella". The critics would thrash hime 10,000 times as much as they do now. .....Would you expect Rod Stewart to dance just like he did with The Faces in 1973 every time he plays Stay With Me live? There you go.

B. Keith is Keith yet it is 25-30 years ago that your speaking of. He also has to act a little different. It only makes sense and keeps them from looking stupid.

C. As far as back-up singers and such. Well Keiths voice isn't what it was even in 81 and it is a MUCH bigger production today. So with that you get these things like video screens, more lights, fire, blowups etc. etc. If they were to strip down too much people would feel terribly gyped and The Show by today's standards for a very big act wouldn't be cutting it. The Rock n Roll show of today and 1981 are not even in the same ball park really.

Bottum line is they are still pretty real and don't seem silly while still being themselves and maintaing possibly The greatest live Rock band in the world at 60 something selling to more people than anyone eles both in 1981 and today!!! ....obviously they know how to act and are carrying on correctly. Everyone eles is just a Vegas type gig at best except for MAYBE Mac.

Ian

November 9th, 2005 09:01 PM
glencar Funny, I agreed with everything dingy Ian wrote until...the last 2 words! LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)