ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Classic Stones Albums Getting Vinyl Treatment Return to archive
11-11-03 05:06 PM
caro Classic Stones Albums Getting Vinyl Treatment
39 minutes ago Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!
By Todd Martens

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - ABKCO Records will on Nov. 25 release 11 Rolling Stones titles in vinyl, following reissues last year of the albums in hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) format.

The ABKCO series will comprise the Stones' initial recordings from 1963 through the 1970 live set "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!," as well as several compilations.

All albums will be released in "extremely limited" quantities, according to a spokesperson. They will be pressed in 180-gram virgin vinyl and struck from the same digital masters as the hybrid SACDs. The 10 single LPs will retail for $19.98, and the one double-LP, "Hot Rocks," will carry a list of $24.98.

Reuters/Billboard
11-11-03 05:07 PM
glencar I have VL on vinyl. It's missing Mean Disposition which is one of the best songs on that collection.
11-11-03 05:13 PM
caro And? Do you think the vinyl sounds better than CD? I always prefer the sound of those old used vinyls that you can buy for 2 euro/$. But I suppose it's more a psychologic effect : I also feel like Brown Sugar sounds much better when I hear it on the radio, which is kind of illogical.

(oh man, my English is appalling. sorry)
[Edited by caro]
11-11-03 05:25 PM
glencar Unfortunately, I've never played the vinyl version. I have a record player but it's not presently hooked up to my system. And I need a new needle. I agree that sometimes hearing 'em on the radio sounds better. Not sure why.
11-11-03 05:55 PM
nankerphelge There are plenty of audiophiles out there that swear nothing beats vinyl.

Maybe that's true.

If you take super really good care not to scratch your vinyl the least little bit! Good luck on that when you are drunk/stoned/etc...

And if you have a really good turntable with a top-end cartridge to pick up that great sound.

And if you don't mind having to clean the fucking things every three seconds as they attract lint faster than anything known to man -- or live in a clean room.

Personally, as a remnant of the vinyl generation, I'll take CDs over them anytime!!