ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For "JB" about the tour numbers Return to archive
11-10-03 08:27 PM
Soldatti JB:
Sorry for no answer you. If I don't put the total ticket sales is because I don't have it all!

The only that I got complete are the US sales figures of 2002-2003:

Shows: 34
Tickets sold: 737.293
Gross: $ 87.900,000

Shows: 14
Tickets sold: 301,262
Gross: $ 31.500,000

Gross (until February 8th, 2003): 120 millions.

For the rest of the world I didn't see in anywere any numbers.
The only that I know is that the ticket sales for the Asian/European tour were almost 1.5 millions by the middle of September.
We must wait until last year days because the band finished the tour yesterday!

Sorry again JB...
11-10-03 10:23 PM
glencar Is the combined total enough to make it the Stones' (and everyone else's) biggest tour ever?
11-10-03 11:07 PM
catwoman Hell with the gross sales - I want to know what the Net is - after expenses, taxes - what do they get? 1 million each?
11-10-03 11:09 PM
BILL PERKS 7.5 MILL EACH FOR US ALONE
11-11-03 02:14 AM
marko yeah,but this is only TICKET sales,no cd sales,t-shirts
etc....total number is much bigger.
11-11-03 09:51 AM
jb Thank you Soldatti.....
11-11-03 01:09 PM
Joey " 2003
Shows: 14
Tickets sold: 301,262
Gross: $ 31.500,000 "

Impressive .

God I love this band .

Jacky !

11-11-03 01:22 PM
Stones This tour is then a close #2 to the highest grossing tour ever for anyone - The Voodoo Lounge tour - if the numbers don't change
11-11-03 01:28 PM
jb NO..U2 came with a million or 2 of defeating VL on their last tour..My guess is they will break the record this time around as people, for whatever reason, love that group.
11-11-03 02:59 PM
Joey " My guess is they will break the record this time around as people, for whatever reason, love that group "

[ Heavily Edited for content by Jacky ]
11-11-03 03:19 PM
Gazza >NO..U2 came with a million or 2 of defeating VL on their last tour..

hardly a surprise as it was 6 years later. One word for that - Inflation. VL is still in real terms the biggest tour ever when you take inflation into account. I'm sure Soldatti will correct me if I'm wrong, if its not VL its Steel Wheels.

>My guess is they will break the record this time around as people, for whatever reason, love that group.

its a sad reflection on the Stones and how their fans see them if all that matters is that their tour outgrosses everyone elses - which is hardly surprising at those prices. I'd rather they were more interested in making better records than everyone else instead of being so obsessed with making more money than everyone else. Give me quality over quantity any time.

thing is, they played relatively smaller stadiums in the US than they could have done (baseball stadiums seem to hold less than football stadiums for the most part). Successful though the tour was, they could have sold far more tickets if they'd pegged the prices to a reasonable level like Springsteen and (to a lesser extent) U2 did instead of concentrating on a smaller amount of fans than before paying extortionate prices.
11-11-03 03:26 PM
Joey " Give me quality over quantity any time. "

Agreed !

Kins !
11-11-03 03:28 PM
jb Gazza, you know as well as anyone, at this point(and quite frankly since 89) their in it for the money. You've read the books, heard the interviews, etc..Mick and Keith despise each other....they keep it going for the sake of the business model called the Rolling Stones...No new album in years, 4 "new" songs which to any real fan, are an embarrassment , and as you say, very little fan friendly efforts(the fan club was great, wasn't it!!! LOL). Therefore, since money is the only thing that matters to them, I judge the success of each tour on the dollar figures and I don't think I am out of line in doing so...Even us "die-hards" realize that the Rolling Stones, as a real, functioning band, ceased to exist since around 86 forward. Do I regret that they have continued , no feckin way, as the concerts still are "events" and there are indeed moments when you can say they are still amazing, but we all have to face the reality that this is a business venture period.
P.S.-A little more support on GasX3 would be appreciated.

[Edited by jb]
11-11-03 03:36 PM
Joey

Best Stones Yet ! Period !

Lets hope it goes into ' 04 .

" Jai Baby Ronnie ? "

Skee !

11-11-03 03:43 PM
jb Joey, go to Jordans Elvis World and listen to Elvis' American Trilogy...brings tears to my eyes.
11-11-03 03:47 PM
Joey " Joey, go to Jordans Elvis World and listen to Elvis' American Trilogy...brings tears to my eyes. "

Ok , but promise me that you will click on the following :

http://www.beatles-discography.com/index.html

Just Teasing !!!!! I mean HERE !!!! :

http://members.aol.com/danomalley/steelydan/

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !
11-11-03 04:27 PM
TomL Wow, they milk us Americans.
11-11-03 05:38 PM
Soldatti They will break the Voodoo Lounge record when the tour on the States last only one year, example: August 2005 - November/December 2005.

When the band tour on two years (Bridges To Babylon, Licks Tour) the numbers are always on $90 millions for the first year and $30 millions for the last part of the tour, on the other year.