ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Only Rock and Roll video Return to archive
11-09-03 03:15 PM
ladylee My boyfriend saw the Stones It's Only Rock and Roll video this morning and said there was another guitar player he didn't recognize. Shoulder length blond hair and a red guitar......

HELP....it's making me crazy

11-09-03 03:51 PM
Gazza Mick Taylor!!!
11-09-03 04:43 PM
Miss U. Tee hee!! A world awaits you...
11-09-03 04:51 PM
c.k. Isn't that the video where Charlie almost drowns?
11-09-03 06:22 PM
BILL PERKS THIS IS WHAT WE'VE STOOPED TO.
11-09-03 06:29 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i don't want to sound rude, but HOW could anyone who apparently??? likes the stones not know who mick taylor is??????
this is beyond me, or it was a "joke" question!!!!!!!!

just to inform, mick taylor played on some of the stones' GREATEST albums ever.....sticky fingers, exile on friggin main street,goat's head soup.....these are pretty good!!!!!!
11-09-03 11:37 PM
Trey Krimsin Yep, Charlie almost drowns in soap suds.
11-10-03 02:32 AM
glencar Everyone has to start somewhere...
11-10-03 10:09 AM
LadyJane
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
i don't want to sound rude, but HOW could anyone who apparently??? likes the stones not know who mick taylor is??????

Let's give ladylee a break!! Considering some of the posters here really don't know the Stones pre-Ron Wood (because of their young age), it's a legitimate question.

Not everyone comes here to pontificate. Some come to learn.

Welcome ladylee. You have questions...ask away!!!

LJ.
11-10-03 11:58 AM
scratched Keith looks particularly unhealthy in this too.
11-10-03 12:26 PM
Scot Rocks Don't be too hard, if you are a new fan just discovered the Stones, nothing wrong with asking...however probably picked the wrong place to ask that kinda question lol

Was there two videos made for this, or am I just getting mixed up with the TOTP version.

cheers

Mark
11-10-03 05:22 PM
caro Shine a light : Yes, it is possible to love a song without knowing the name of the guy who plays on it. Actually, it's one of the beautiful things about music.

Hi Ladylee, by the way!!
11-10-03 06:15 PM
Gazza >Was there two videos made for this, or am I just getting mixed up with the TOTP version

Nope just one. Maybe youre thinking about "Undercover", where they made a promo clip that removed most of the violent content and featured more footage of the band "performing" the song at Bains-Douches club in Paris. That one was specifically re-edited for "Top of the Pops"
11-10-03 06:22 PM
caro Gazza, is the "violent" version of Undercover the one you can see on rs.com? On that version, there's a total of, like, 10 seconds showing the Stones playing "live". There's also a scene where a guy is shot on a bridge (I remember reading it was Mick, but I don't think so - but maybe I didn't get the story)
11-10-03 06:24 PM
glencar Yes, that's the violent version. The Bains-Douche version features Jerry Hall dancing with some friends in front of the band & a short bit of THAT is on the violent one.
11-10-03 06:27 PM
Gazza >Gazza, is the "violent" version of Undercover the one you can see on rs.com? On that version, there's a total of, like, 10 seconds showing the Stones playing "live". There's also a scene where a guy is shot on a bridge (I remember reading it was Mick, but I don't think so - but maybe I didn't get the story)

the "performance" video filmed for TOTP has hardly ever been shown. the version everyone is most familiar with would be the violent version, including the guy getting shot on the bridge. In the storyline at least, it couldnt be Mick as he's sitting in a car with the girl watching it. Theres very little performance footage in this version,as Glencar says.
11-10-03 06:36 PM
caro Thanks for the info! Well Mick plays at least two different characters in the video (unless I didn't understand that either), so I thought maybe the guy on the bridge was a third one. But indeed, it doesn't sound very logical. Still, you'd think Mick&Keith wouldn't miss out on the occasion to (virtually) kill each other...
11-11-03 06:14 AM
corgi37 IORR is a great clip. The vocals are live too, as Jagger ad libs a bit. Keith has cool hair with blonde tips and was at the height of his drug-fucked state. He hardly has a fang in his face, and whats left, is blackened. As for Undercover, its a brilliant video. I have seen the actress before as well. Isnt it Elizabeth Pena? I am kinda certain that she is in Down and out in Beverley Hills. Sexy Spanish/Mexican girlie. They really went all out for the videos for that album, as opposed to just perfoming a song. She was hot is top stuff, and Too much blood is a hoot.