ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What up with Best Buy Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-08-03 06:06 PM
Some Guy I went to my local best buy today shopping with my wife. I was ready to see 4 Flicks posters all over, Stones music blaring out, employees in 4 flicks shirts or something, anything. Nothing! Not one employee even knew about it. Damn best buy, where is the love? no promotion at all. I don't get it.
11-08-03 06:10 PM
gypsy I believe Chad is behind all of this...that bastard.
If P Diddy had an album coming out, believe me, they'd be promoting the hell out of it.
11-08-03 06:14 PM
Some Guy I couldn't believe it. I was telling my wife, waiy and see it'll be Stonesmania in there. Posters, employees handing out fliers, a big coming soon banner, hot air balloons and clowns. But none of that- But we do have the new puddle of mud. F.U. best buy
11-08-03 07:14 PM
glencar Just wait till Tuesday. I'll visit the BB by work tomorrow morning. The new Springsteen "best of" also comes out Tuesday.
11-08-03 08:10 PM
Some Guy I'm waiting. But I don't feel the love!
11-08-03 08:25 PM
Steel Wheels Wait until you people see the Best Buy flyer. You know when football season starts they have football on every screen in the photo?

Well guess what rock and roll band is featured on every single page?
11-08-03 08:26 PM
Some Guy I will believe it when I see it.
F.U. Best Buy
11-08-03 08:30 PM
Steel Wheels Funny, I'm looking at the flyer right now.

The less people know about it the better. I have to be in work early that day and I won't get home until late. Only 120 copies per store. Here in Philly they'll sell out within hours of opening.
11-08-03 08:30 PM
glencar I didn't get the flyer. Dirty fuckers!
11-08-03 08:34 PM
Some Guy I'm sorry but I was pissed earlier. That little punk ass bitch Knew nothing, later some little bitch ass punk was talking smack abouit the STONES
11-09-03 11:52 AM
gypsy I'm salivating over the Best Buy ad right now. It's all Keith & Mick throughout the entire ad...and a great pic of all 4 on the front page. I can't wait 'til Tuesday.
11-09-03 12:02 PM
Gimme Shelter http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/global/features/f_20031109_homefeat_1.jpg
11-09-03 12:07 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm salivating over the Best Buy ad right now. It's all Keith & Mick throughout the entire ad...and a great pic of all 4 on the front page. I can't wait 'til Tuesday.

Where is this ad? Damn I just got back from errands...do I have to go out AGAIN and get the Sunday newspaper??

LadyJ.

gypsy...check your e-mail!
[Edited by LadyJane]
11-09-03 06:16 PM
gypsy I went to ebay...and a bunch of bastards are already selling the 4 Flicks DVD's for a profit.
I think Chad might be the mastermind behind all this. I hate that jerk.
11-09-03 06:34 PM
SHINE A LIGHT ok, where is the poster, in the stores or does it come with dvds?????
11-09-03 09:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot The problem with the people who work at Best Buy is....they don't know squat about their product. They know nothing about music or movies. They are not required to know anything about the entertainment that they sell. And obviously...they don't want to know anything about what they sell.

And it is indeed all Chad's fault. That bastard. I shoulda killed him when I had the chance.
11-09-03 09:34 PM
Gimme Shelter Sort of on topic, I just picked up Jean-Luc Godard's film "Sympathy For the Devil" on DVD at Best Buy. I didn't even know it was out on DVD.
11-09-03 10:33 PM
KurtWaldheim
11-09-03 11:31 PM
Trey Krimsin ABKCO advertised the "Sympathy For The Devil" DVD on the SFTD remix single. It only said coming soon on the back of the disc cover. Guess that'll be two things I'll have to get in the next few days.
11-10-03 02:34 AM
glencar Isn't the film unwatchable? I saw it in a store last weekend & didn't bother.
11-10-03 09:31 AM
Factory Girl Indeed, the Hanging Chad is the root of all (Best Buy) evil.

Is that 55 inch TV come complimentary with purchase of 4 flicks dvd???
11-10-03 09:38 AM
Joey

I blame Steelie for everything ..................................why should Joey be any different ?

Come Back Baby Steelie .

Jacky !
11-10-03 04:10 PM
Some Guy It is upon us.
11-10-03 06:36 PM
glencar 16 hours & counting down. I hope the BB blowhards have it in stock.
11-10-03 07:15 PM
Shockspeeder I saw some posters and an employee DID know what I was talking about but the DVD comes out Tuesday so, keep holding your breath!!!
11-10-03 08:24 PM
Some Guy I am too damn excited. I will get it early and check it out.
11-10-03 10:04 PM
Gimme Shelter I ordered it online from BestBuy and just received a confirmation e-mail stating that it has been sent. I can't wait!!!!!!
11-10-03 10:25 PM
glencar Other people were getting confirm emails last week. Yours might not make it by tomorrow.
11-10-03 10:47 PM
Gimme Shelter We'll see.............
11-11-03 09:06 AM
Some Guy I'm off
Page: 1 2