ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tamar Festival Site - Hong Kong, November 7 - Setlist, pix, reviews Return to archive
11-07-03 10:59 AM
montana

11-07-03 11:04 AM
nankerphelge Very nice montana -- you never disappoint!

Same to Jeepy!
11-07-03 11:12 AM
Joey

Are they going play Thailand ???????

What happened to THAT gig ?!?!?!?!

11-07-03 11:17 AM
Jumacfly Set list anyone??
11-07-03 12:03 PM
Tom Welcome, but I have a doubt, that's the way Bjornulf writes the setlists and there's nothing at his website, are you sure it's the actual setlist?
11-07-03 12:04 PM
Tom Someone posted a setlist using the IORR format and now it's gone, so it was a fake setlist or something like that
11-07-03 12:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

now I know why they are the yellow race

滾石壓軸 掀起高潮[22:40]

2003/11/07

滾石樂隊為《維港巨星匯》壓軸演出,掀起高潮。周五晚首場表演的入座率超過九成,觀眾看得如痴如醉。

「不唱又唱」引起風波的滾石樂隊為維港匯表演兩場,除周五晚外,還有周日晚。行政長官董建華和訪港的美國前總統克林頓都有入場欣賞。經濟發展及勞工局長葉澍�i、投資推廣署長盧維思和多名立法會議員均是座上客。

圍繞滾石的風風雨雨沒有半點減低觀眾的興緻,接近全場爆滿的表演場地氣氛熱烈,在強勁音樂和風靡萬千樂迷的歌聲中,不管是否「ROCK友」一樣看得投入,不少人跟隨節拍扭動身體,一些更踏上座椅忘我地手舞足蹈,觀眾都異口同聲說非常盡興。

周五晚的表演提早在晚上七時開始,在開場前大半小時已有觀眾輪候入場,他們當中不少是外國人,包括專程來港欣賞表演的滾石歌迷。一名日本遊客更一連買下兩場表演的門券,認為物有所值和機會難再。

盧維思被問到政府委任專責委員會調查《維港巨星匯》事件時表示,應等有調查報告後再作結論。他強調,投資推廣署在事件中沒有隱瞞,也不害怕。

本港五間大學約十名學生代表,到場外拉起橫額請願,並扮成乞丐和載上教統局長李國章及財政司長唐英年的面具,抗議政府花費巨款舉辦巨星匯,卻削減大學資源。
11-07-03 12:17 PM
silver train sorry, Tom.
I posted the setlist from another site, but deleted it.
Cause it maybe a fake.
[Edited by silver train]
11-07-03 12:24 PM
caro Your article translated, Voodoo. I dunno...

? Stone? ? ? "? Port giant star?" ? ? The performance, raises the high tide. Friday late head? Performance taking a seat rate ultra? 90%? ? Looks as if deluded. "Does not sing also sings" causes? Wave? Stone? ? ? ? Port? Performance? ? Is late besides Friday? Has Sunday to be late. Administration? Official Dong Jian? With? Port America? Front? ? Kelin? All has into? Joyful? . ? ? ? Unfolds and? �H��? ? Timely rain? Ith, throws? Pushes? Bureau? ? ? Thinks with many legislations? ? ? Is the guest of honor. ? ? ? Stone? ? Rain rain? Some half? ? Low? ? ? ? Approaches entire? Explodes? Performance? ? Atmosphere? Fierce, in? ? Sound? With? Waste? Thousand? Confuses song? Center, no matter whether "ROCK friend" one? Looks at the investment, many people with? ? The racket turns? Body? Some tread the chair absorbed to dance with joy? ? All? Mouth with? ? Extremely? ? . Friday the late performance shifts to an earlier time in the evening seven? ? Beginning, in? ? First most is small? Had? ? ? The period of five days enters? He? ? Center many is outside? Person, including? Regulation? The port is joyful? Performance? Stone singer fan. A Japan? Guest one? ? Next? ? Performance? Ticket? ? The thing has the valve sum? ? ? Again. ? ? Thinks the quilt? Appoints to the government? ? Committee? ? ? Looks up "? Port giant star?" Event? Expression? And so on has? Looks up? After considers does again? ? . He? ? Throws? Pushes? Bureau in event? Has? ? Also is not afraid. Hong Kong five? Big? ? Ten? Fresh representative? The external bracing gets up? ? ? ? ? Plays the role of the beggar sum? On teaches? Bureau? Li? Zhang Ji? Political department? Tang Yingnian's mask, anti-? The government is colored? Great sum of money? ? Giant star? ? Truncates? Big? ? Source.

>"? ? Is the guest of honor"
Do they mean Bill Clinton?
11-07-03 12:27 PM
LadyJane Great to see them back onstage!

Why does this Tour have to end?

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

LadyJ.
11-07-03 12:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Caro, probably my Chinese post is clearer than that the translation

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
11-07-03 12:34 PM
caro hehehe yes, and it's nicer to look at.
However, they say something about rain.That would be uncool....
11-07-03 12:53 PM
caro HONG KONG (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones rocked Hong Kong for the first time in their 40-year career on Friday, headlining a government-sponsored music festival that has angry taxpayers singing the blues.

The veteran British rockers were the biggest name lined up for Harbour Fest, a three-week event designed to boost the territory's economy and morale, both of which took a big hit earlier this year when the killer SARS (news - web sites) virus swept through the region.

But the party, organized by the American Chamber of Commerce (news - web sites), could leave taxpayers with a hangover costing at least HKD 100 million, thanks in part to slow ticket sales and the hefty fees charged by the Western acts.

The Rolling Stones were reported to have charged US$5 million, and other acts such as rocker Neil Young (news) and tenor Jose Carreras do not come cheap.

The government said earlier this week it would appoint a commission to probe the event, which wraps on Sunday when the Rolling Stones perform a second show.

The controversy was far from the minds of the largely expatriate crowd that packed the 13,000-seat Tamar Site arena in central Hong Kong for the Stones show.

Watching from the wings was former U.S. President Bill Clinton (news - web sites) -- dubbed "rent-a-guest" by drummer Charlie Watts (news) in the band's new DVD. Clinton sang and clapped along when the band performed its anthem "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction."

The band did not acknowledge the presence of its famous guest, who was in town for a conference of CEOs. Instead it focused on whipping up the fans with a 110-minute set packed with hits such as "Brown Sugar," "Paint It, Black" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

"It's taken us a long time to get here," singer Mick Jagger (news) told the audience. "And now we're finally here, and we're glad we made it."

The Stones were originally due to play in Hong Kong last March but were forced to cancel the shows because of the SARS epidemic.

In 1973 they scheduled two shows as part of a planned Far East tour but scrapped that jaunt when the Japanese government refused to issue a visa to Jagger because of a drugs conviction.

Hong Kong marks the final stop of a world tour that began in Boston in September 2002 and took the Stones to 21 countries.

[Edited by caro]
11-07-03 01:12 PM
caro From IORR (via Shidoobee!)

The set list
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Don't Stop
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Paint It Black
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Miss You
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Sympathy For The Devil
Gimme Shelter
You Got Me Rocking
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)
11-07-03 02:27 PM
Monkey Woman Thumbs up to Montana and Caro! Your great contributions give us a much needed feel of the concert! Too bad HK is so far...
11-07-03 06:12 PM
kahoosier OK I cannot vouch for how true all of the above posts are, but I want all of those who said it would not happen, all of those that said the place would be half full, and all of those that said there would not be a full set list to quietly eat their words, as the set list has 19 songs and the review uses the word PACKED!
11-07-03 08:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Stones play Hong Kong Sars event

The Rolling Stones played the first of two long-awaited on-off Hong Kong gigs on Friday before closing a three-week Sars benefit season on Sunday.

It was the rock group's first concert in the territory - but their appearance had been in doubt last month because of a contract delay.

They are headlining the three-week Harbourfest festival, which has aroused local anger because of its cost.

Singer Mick Jagger told the crowd: "It's taken us a long time to get here."

"And now we're finally here, and we're glad we made it," he said.

The Stones' shows come at the end of their epic 14-month Forty Licks world tour to mark the band's 40th anniversary.

The veteran rockers played a two-hour set including favourites Brown Sugar, Paint It Black and Jumpin' Jack Flash.

They were watched from the wings by former United States president Bill Clinton, who was in Hong Kong for a conference.

The Stones cancelled a Hong Kong gig earlier in the year at the height of the Sars outbreak in Asia.

And it seemed that they would not make it to Harbourfest when reports surfaced of a contract wrangle - but that was straightened out.

Other artists who have performed during Harbourfest were Charlotte Church, Jose Carreras and Neil Young.

But it has attracted controversy in Hong Kong for poor ticket sales for some concerts and a HK$100m (�7.8m) bill to be footed by taxpayers.

Harbourfest was staged to raise morale and tourism after the Sars outbreak, which killed 299 people in Hong Kong.
11-08-03 09:30 AM
Nellcote I love the quote from One Charlie Watts:

Watching from the wings was former U.S. President Bill Clinton -- dubbed "rent-a-guest" by drummer Charlie Watts in the band's new DVD.

That really sums it up!
11-08-03 01:53 PM
glencar Can't they get a better mascot than the Dope from Hope?
11-08-03 03:20 PM
Monkey Woman Raving reviews & more links and pics at IORR.org:
http://www.iorr.org/tour03/hk1.htm

11-10-03 07:18 AM
montana Keef arriving at Harbour Fest

REHEARSALS

From the show

11-10-03 07:25 AM
montana MORE PIX

REHEARSALS