ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto,SARS concert Return to archive
11-07-03 08:15 AM
marko To me this show reminds me of Knebworth.Band was on and off.
Then lots of people.
Was ronnie in Toronto at all?I don�t hear him at all.just
a bit during TD.
11-07-03 09:10 AM
SHINE A LIGHT let's be fair, here. they flew in from prague and left immediately for spain. yes, ronnie was there.
11-07-03 09:13 AM
marko LOL.....and Justin Timberlake,the worst wanker of all wankers!Well,i think festivals were never good on music.
11-07-03 09:15 AM
nankerphelge marko YCB -- the Stones sound was all fucked up in Toronto -- couldn't hear Keith for the first 4 songs! Ronnie was there, but the problem from my vantage point was no Keef!

And AC/DC fucking ROCKED!! The sound was awesome! The setlist was awesome!
That's the boot you should be looking for!
11-07-03 09:28 AM
SHINE A LIGHT about timberlake....jagger's daughters really wanted to see him.....they're at that age...so maybe this had something to do with him being there in the first place.

i was backstage, and i saw mick taking his girls out to see timberlake "perform".
11-07-03 03:28 PM
Shockspeeder Hey I got hit in the head with a half full water bottle meant for Justin. Actually some of Justin's fans were throwing water bottles back toward the crowd! They must have had eyes in the back of their heads to be able to watch Justin and know exactly who was throwing water bottles from behind them! I wish I was cool and superhuman like them but in reality I am not. I'm just a fool who got blown away by AC/DC and the Stones from just a stone's throw away!
11-07-03 04:54 PM
padre
quote:
marko wrote:
To me this show reminds me of Knebworth.Band was on and off.
Then lots of people.

hmmmm...Hyde Park-lots of people, band on and off...Knebworth-lots of people, band on and off...Toronto-lots of people, band on and off....is there some kind of pattern here? And I won't even mention Altamont!
11-07-03 06:34 PM
CousinCocaine
I just don't get it.
How come a band like the Stones with their resources and money still often has shitty sound while AC/Dc on same gigs have a real clear and powerful sound. It was the same in Germany.
I found that embarrassing, really !!
Who's fault is it?!
CC
11-07-03 08:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot I agree CC.

The Stones SHOULD have the absolute best sound on tour. They can certainly afford the best, most up-to-date equipment and technology. They have their pick of the best soundmen and engineers in the business.

Given all that....why the fuck was the sound so spotty? I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas?
11-08-03 05:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas?

They probably just don't care. Besides anyone who decides to follow AC/DC ought to have they're heads examined.
11-08-03 05:24 AM
padre
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
They probably just don't care. Besides anyone who decides to follow AC/DC ought to have they're heads examined.

I'LL DRINK TO THAT!
11-08-03 10:29 AM
John Wood The really bad sound for the Stones at the SARS concert after the amazing sound for ACDC was the ultimate low point for me as a fan of the Stones. I don't know how this could happen and I cannot even begin to tell you how really bad it was. SAD SAD SAD!!!!!!!!
11-08-03 10:39 AM
nankerphelge The really annoying part, is that they knew about the problem from night #1. I complained about the sound at Fleet -- and others complained about the sound at Gillette Stadium. And the problems plagued them throughout the tour -- in the US and in Europe.

I can accept a certain number of kinks that must be worked out in the beginning of a tour. Whether it is sound or lights or lack of a bridge -- whatever! It ain't great, but hey, shit happens.

But I cannot understand how a recurring problem with SOUND can happen. It really is depressing -- it either means they cannot play and they are scapegoating it thru sound, or they have incompetent people and don't care to replace them, or worse yet they have quite competent people and yet they allow the problem to persist. Any of the above are unacceptable given the status of the band and the money paid by us to see them.
11-08-03 12:21 PM
Miss U. I heard that "someone" or whoever's in charge turned the volume down on the stones to avoid any potential "trouble" from arising...didn't you notice how much lower the volume was compared to ACDC?....
11-08-03 05:32 PM
Shockspeeder Yes. Moshing for AC/DC happened, but was it happening during the Stones?
11-09-03 07:57 PM
CousinCocaine
That was not the reason cause as I said before the same happened in Germany!
And it was the Stones' gig!!
Never before at a big concert witnessed a support band having better sound than the main act!
Could it really be that they cover bad playin with low and muddy sound ?!
CC
11-09-03 08:00 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i was in the shebeen area and only saw it on the screen, but i can tell you all that for the first four songs, i heard almost NOTHING!!!
let's be kind and fair, this was not a "stones gig" as such...it was a bunch of politicians trying to make themselves look like hot shots, and USING the stones to do just that.
having said that, from my vantage point , i was able to see (on screen) and HEAR ac/dc.