ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: guitar question ... Return to archive
11-07-03 06:42 AM
partner in crime hi guys,
I would like to customize my tele with a neck humbucker pickup: which is more suitable between a fender Fh1 and gibson 57? and will I need a 5 ways switch?
many thanks for yr suggestions
ciao
marco
11-07-03 07:34 AM
Sir Stonesalot I've always been of the opinion that Fender stuff sounds best with Fender stuff. Since you are gonna modify a Fender Tele, I'd stick with Fender pick ups. As far as I know you don't really need a 5 way switch unless you plan on playing a lot of leads. You just won't get as many different pick up combos. That's a decision to be made on personal taste.

Like for me, it wouldn't matter. I'm terrible with whatever switch is on it!
11-07-03 07:46 AM
Maxlugar Pickups shmickups...

As long as you play shirtless you'll always sound good.

Say, Essessy, are you coming to NY to see Nasty Habits sell some platters?

I will be there at 4:00PM running straight to booths D1 and D2 (The bastard as TWO luxurious booths!).

Also, can I count you in for Maxyfest? I'm thinking of doing it in January. I want to make sure some of the key components of the C10 an make it.
11-07-03 08:04 AM
SirMuddy Go for the Gibson 57
or a DeArmstrong (I will never know how to write it)
they made gibson pick up in the fities
It's the one that Keith have on many telecasters...
Except for the 72 custom... Fender stock pick up
btw you won't need 5 way switch...
I use the DeArmstrong with 3 way switch
and flip the switch!

Love is strong
11-07-03 12:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes to Maxyfest in January, no to record show
11-07-03 12:22 PM
scope Damn, I'm heading to Boston for the weekend and won't be able to hook up with the Nasty One and dear ole Maxy. But, on the bright side, my kid tells me that Live at the Max is showing at an IMAX theater so, how can I resist!

See you in January then, Maxy!
11-07-03 02:14 PM
Maxlugar Too bad Scope. I guess that just means more Peaches and Herb outtakes for me then.

Last time you hogged them all up!

I bet Nasty is settin' up his tables right now! I wonder if he's puting out his pocket monkeys?

I hope he's got some reggae.

11-07-03 05:01 PM
Joey " Also, can I count you in for Maxyfest? I'm thinking of doing it in January. I want to make sure some of the key components of the C10 an make it. "

Thanks ! I appreciate the offer !!!!!!!!!!!

However , unless we are talking Maui , I am afraid that your Uncle Joey can NOT make it to Maxyfest '04 .

Wow , New York in the middle of Winter -- Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo , Pinch Me !!!!

If I want cold , sleet , freezing drizzle , sub - zero temps , blowing and drifting snow , biting wind chills and miserable conditions , I will stick it out here in the MidWest .

Better yet .....................Tie me up and call me Suzi !

Jacky !
11-09-03 11:00 AM
nankerphelge Maxyfest '04!!

"Hmmmmmmm" he says in a diabolic tone while rubbing his chin!!

I'm in!

In addition to the items I was responsible for in Cleveland -- i.e, the trapeze, cigars, several cans of Barbasol menthol shaving cream (oh wait, Joey isn't coming is he), Bed Bath & Beyond's holiday scented oil sampler (oh wait Steelie isn't coming is he), Batman underoos, and the sheep -- I will also bring the Newcastles!