ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How'd Ya first get yer Rocks Off? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-08-03 01:05 PM
Phog I was well aware of the Stones at a very young age because my parents were fans. I remember staying up late with my dad to see them on SNL in '78, and being a little freaked out when Jagger licked Ronnie's face (I was only 7 at the time).
I didn't decide I was a fan until the '81 tour had just ended. Great timing! I played "Still Life" to death when it came out, but would have to wait until '89 to see them live. I started buying bootlegs on vinyl when I was in the sixth grade, or so. Let's just say I've been totally on-board for about 22 years.

11-08-03 03:39 PM
J.J.Flash I was just 8, the age when I was living in that giant metropolis (S�o Paulo). I used to be a lonely person so my fave entertainment on that period happened when I used to stole some K7 tapes from my father (some of them full of Neil Diamond, Bossa Nova stuff, Herp Albert...) and then I filled many of them with songs which I listened in a Rock'n'Roll local radio. So when I listened Start me Up, I became this happy mothefucker......
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
11-08-03 06:00 PM
Some Guy I feel like I am surrounded by family!
11-08-03 07:19 PM
scratched Got into Sticky Fingers and then bought a secondhand copy of Exile (nasty sounding CBS '80s remaster) which was played a couple of times and then left on the shelf for a few months. Still wondering what all the fuss was about, I played it again in the dark through headphones a few times and it began to grow on me more and more until I found that I had listened to it every day for about six months!. Something about the weird unity of the tracks and the subtle, layered textures of instruments got me hooked. After that, my rocks were well and truly off.
11-08-03 07:25 PM
glencar Exile was one of my later picks by the Stones. I got into all the 60s stuff & the later 70s stuff first.
11-08-03 08:14 PM
Some Guy Duh duh duh duhhh duh duhh, Cabernet Sauvignon on yer window!!
11-08-03 08:17 PM
nankerphelge I don't know what that means, but I love it!

I have a feeling that a party with Some Guy might just end up in jail!

11-08-03 08:19 PM
Some Guy Safely at home, with Grande wine and Sticky Icky Icky%^^&**^
11-08-03 08:21 PM
nankerphelge I know exactly what that means!

11-08-03 08:25 PM
Some Guy What up bee- yatch!!!
11-08-03 08:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels LOL. 1965/66. USA. One of those early bloomers. But I still haven't seen em live. Next Year. You fucks.
11-08-03 08:27 PM
glencar Hey, it ain't my fault!
11-08-03 08:29 PM
nankerphelge Nothing like a little Staurdayeclipsichibadrinkalottaboozapalooza!!!

Had a little monkey
raised 'em in the country
fed 'em on gingerbread!

Asshole Basshole
shot 'em in the asshole
now my monkey's dead!!
11-08-03 08:32 PM
glencar Is that "Extreme Western Grip?"
11-08-03 08:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hey, it ain't my fault!

noone said it was.
11-08-03 08:48 PM
glencar Guilty conscience.
11-09-03 12:30 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! For me they were always there. From the time I was old enough to ever remember listening to music, around 4 or 5 and hearing Sticky Fingers and Hot Rocks that my dad played constantly. Of course I thought the working zipper was pretty neat too!
11-09-03 01:15 AM
KeithRichards210 The Last Time, early 1965, when I was only 7. Been hooked like a trout ever since. I've almost never known a world without the Stones, and I like it that way.
11-09-03 07:45 AM
Steel Wheels I was young when "Harlem Suffle" came out, but that song did it for me. Hooked, and it was on a 45. That was all the Stones I had that little 45.

When I heard a track off of Steel Wheels, I ran right out and bought it. Everything Stones - tee shirts, books, posters - I bought 'em all.

Been a Stones fanatic ever since.
11-09-03 05:01 PM
c.k. I was nine years old and my mom got me the Hot Rocks album. I didn't get into the Stones big until I was fourteen and my first studio album was either Voodoo Lounge or Beggers Banquet.
11-10-03 04:14 PM
Some Guy I gotta buddy of mine, big Dead fan. He is gonna buy the flicks. This will be the only Stones he has. He was watching the MSG show on his plasma TV Sat night and it looked great.
Page: 1 2