ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor this weekend in NYC Return to archive
11-05-03 12:24 PM
Dear Doctor bottem line 2 shows on friday, Dear Doctor will be at the late show
piedmont ,ny on saturday , I will not be able to go

Stones Fever
catch it!
11-05-03 12:28 PM
jb Hey Peter!!!! Wish I could fly in and go...maybe next time.
11-07-03 01:17 PM
Dear Doctor Hey JOsh

I 'll be thinking of you tonight, get ready for hopefully some 2004 shows, are you up for South America

I will post review after my dreams of this nightime have vanished at dawn
11-10-03 01:33 AM
Dear Doctor I was at an almost sold out Bottem Line Friday for 1030 show. Mick is playing short tour with The Peter Karp band, whom he just recorded some songs with on Peter Karp's new album

This decision to me is a mistake

I never heard of Peter Karp before, he is a white guy from New Jersey @40, I did not care for his music at all. It was very basic 101 crybaby Jersey boy stuff,
Mick Taylor basically played some long solos after the whining vocals were performed at the beginning of each song, Mick's playing was good by his standards, but was more melodic and intense the last few years that I saw him with Max Middleton

Mick did do some of his own stuff which was the best part of the show

No Expectations- was good, done with a different sway then Stones version, his slide could have been better here

Alabama- excellent version from one of his 70's solo albums

Can't you hear me knocking- instrumental done well

this band overall did not complement Mick well

It was also annoying to hear more people yelling for Peter Karp than Mick

I hope Mick dumps these amateurs and gets a real band to showcase his incredible talents
11-10-03 12:20 PM
jb Thanks for the review Peter....MT is the greatest musician with the least self-confidence ...very sad.
11-10-03 12:57 PM
Joey

Skee !