ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steve Earle vs. Rightwing Loudmouth O'Reilly (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
11-03-03 09:28 AM
FPM C10
Earle to Take on O'Reilly

Singer-songwriter to debate right-wing commentator

Never one to back away from political debate, singer-songwriter Steve Earle will face off with Bill O'Reilly on the conservative commentator's The O'Reilly Factor on November 3rd.
The left-leaning Earle was approached by the show a year ago with the release of Jerusalem, the most politically-motivated album of his career. But promotion for the record didn't allow him to make an appearance. Weeks before Earle sets out with Billy Bragg and Tom Morello on the Tell Us the Truth Tour, he got another invitation and accepted.

"The deal is, he's gonna interrupt me and then eventually he's gonna tell me to shut up," Earle says. "That's what he does, then on to the next thing. Equating any of that with a serious political discussion is like thinking pro wrestling is real. But the worst that comes out of it is I get the shit kicked out of me on Fox News and we get free publicity for the tour. It's a win-win situation. The worst part is I actually have to watch Fox."

The Tell Us the Truth Tour launches on November 7th, with Earle joining four days later. The dates are designed to spark dialog about issues pertinent to the 2004 presidential election. "The tour is basically about media and the way it's behaving in general," Earle says. "My concern is the way corporate media has affected the news that we receive and the quality of information that we receive. We've got a really heavily slanted playing field right now and it will continue to tilt dangerously to starboard if the Bush administration stays in power."

The episode of The O'Reilly Factor will at 8 and 11 p.m.

(Heisted from rollingstone.com)
11-03-03 09:34 AM
Joey

O'Reilly is very smart for he fears Hillary " Puss Puss " Clinton .

" Jai Baby Ronnie ?!?!?!?! "

Jacky Jr.
11-03-03 09:59 AM
Fiji Joe The fact that you consider O'Rielly "right wing" is all I need to know...
11-03-03 10:03 AM
Fiji Joe And one has to be concerned with anyone who looks to Steve Earle for their political confirmation...Although I do find some comfort, in fact joy, in having a greasy red-neck like Steve Earle espousing "left wing" views...I always knew that most red necks were democrats
11-03-03 10:04 AM
nankerphelge Should be an interesting debate if Steve thinks that "corporate media" is listing right. Newscorp/Fox is certainly in that category, but NBC/GE is not, ABC/Disney is sure not, and CBS is not. Most of the major newspapers lean left. CNN and MSNBC lean left.
11-03-03 10:08 AM
Boomy If you're gonna say O'Reilly is a "Loudmouthed Right-Winger", why not call Steve Earle a "Crusty-Assed Left-Winger"?

Fair, isn't it?
11-03-03 10:37 AM
Fiji Joe Snoop diggity Boom...you forgot "ignorant" and "uneducated"...

11-03-03 10:42 AM
jb I have lost considerable respect for O'Reiley after reading Al Frankens great book "Lies"....it is a must for anyone who thinks the media has a "liberal bias". Franken shows , in fact, that there is a tremendous right wing bias disseminating incredible falsehoods which are then picked up by the mainstream media and thereafter legitimized.
11-03-03 10:43 AM
nankerphelge Al Franken is an idiot!

How can anyone honestly believe that the mainstream news organizations are being manipulated by Rupert & Newscorp?

[Edited by nankerphelge]
[Edited by nankerphelge]
11-03-03 10:45 AM
jb Nanker, please read this book....It will not change your consevative philosophy, but you may very well be disturbed by the dirty tactics and lies perpertrated by the Bush administration who promised to set a "NEW TONE" IN WASHINGTON...wsell they did alright!!!
11-03-03 10:49 AM
nankerphelge jb, I will never read that hack's book! I know he and those of his ilk would love nothing more than to have people believe that the Bush Admin is somehow controlling the mainstream news.

Al Franken is a second-rate comedian, a third-rate politician, and a first-rate asshole!

11-03-03 10:54 AM
Joey Three Words :

" Supply Side Jesus !!! "

Drip ...........................

Drip ...........................

Drip ............................

|
|
|
|
|
V
11-03-03 10:54 AM
jb You are too smart to ignore the truth Nanker....please read this book and tell me what you think...I'll even read that nutcase Anne Coulters book "Treason" if you agree.
11-03-03 10:57 AM
Joey " I'll even read that nutcase Anne Coulters book "Treason" if you agree. "

Shiver ...................................................

Watch out Josh .....................start reading " Right Wing Hooey " like that and you will end up like Maxy over there in Long Island .

Hell , I would rather shoot myself :

Developing ...................................

" Gayfunkel Ronnie ?!?!?!?! "

D.J. Jacky Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca

11-03-03 10:58 AM
nankerphelge How you can possibly equate anything in that dolt's book with truth is beyond me!
11-03-03 11:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I actually like both Steve Earle and O'Reilly. One's political orientation really doesn't bother me much, being a libertarian voting anarchist.
11-03-03 11:59 AM
Fiji Joe "in fact, that there is a tremendous right wing bias disseminating incredible falsehoods which are then picked up by the mainstream media and thereafter legitimized."

JB...your down-syndrome is showing...zip your fly

Just ask yourself one question JB...who's repsonsible for 90% of the television and newspaper programing in this country?...answer that question and then kindly shut the fuck up

11-03-03 12:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Just ask yourself one question JB...who's repsonsible for 90% of the television and newspaper programing in this country?...answer that question and then kindly shut the fuck up

LOL. Eveything thing is so PC neo-mcarthyist nowadays that even the "conservatives" spout the party line.
11-03-03 12:35 PM
Jumping Jack Check out the talking Ann Coulter and Bill Clinton dolls, LOL!

http://www.talkingpresidents.com/products.shtml
11-03-03 12:40 PM
jb Fox News.
11-03-03 12:46 PM
Boomy Who would win in a fight between:

Fox News

vs.

CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC?

------------------------------------

Hannity

vs.

Larry "Seltzer" King, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Chris Matthews
11-03-03 12:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Fox News.

Fair and Balanced.
11-03-03 12:49 PM
Joey

Is Roy Gay ?!?!?!?!
11-03-03 02:23 PM
Fiji Joe Anarchy Ten Thousand Motels...now that's the most ludicrous idea yet...we can't even keep order and decorum at a 4 way stop intersection...What's makes you think we can exist without some form of government?...Now if you're talking about an all for one power grab kinda situation, Fiji's listening...
11-03-03 02:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Anarchy Ten Thousand Motels...now that's the most ludicrous idea yet...we can't even keep order and decorum at a 4 way stop intersection...What's makes you think we can exist without some form of government

Look. It's an unattainable idea I will admit. Human beings are too morally corrupt for the anarchist paradise. But what's the alternative? Totalitarianism with humans in charge. ...now that's a nightmare. I mean what's worse than the bomb? To me ...it's surveilance cameras everwhere.
20 years from now they'll be measuring your toilet paper usage....if they don't already somehow. Nobody said life was easy.
11-03-03 02:48 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
I have lost considerable respect for O'Reiley after reading Al Frankens great book "Lies"....it is a must for anyone who thinks the media has a "liberal bias". Franken shows , in fact, that there is a tremendous right wing bias disseminating incredible falsehoods which are then picked up by the mainstream media and thereafter legitimized.

jb I am going to use my considerable influence with the Bush camp to have your tax returns "reviewed"
11-03-03 02:55 PM
Jumping Jack http://www.talkingpresidents.com/products-af-coulter.shtml

Why not go to war for oil is a classic.
11-03-03 02:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:
jb I am going to use my considerable influence with the Bush camp to have your tax returns "reviewed"

Oh...you're a democrat? They started that shit.
11-03-03 04:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels That "loud mouthed O Reilly". He may be wrong but so what, liberals are morons. O'reillys gig is that these Creeps WONT answer questions. And they won't. WW2, Korea, Vietnam, all "liberals"..... You like war, vote for the "liberals". Thats all they do.
11-03-03 04:24 PM
Some Guy Faux News- We distort, You comply
Page: 1 2 3 4