ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Tree : "40 Licks Of Green" - Dublin 2003 Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-21-03 07:23 PM
Gazza Special thanks again to Bob M for his help in setting this one up.

This is the third part of the four trees we're offering to cover the British Isles leg of the recent tour.

This 4 disc set comprises the two shows at The Point, Dublin on 9th and 11th September.

(As Johnny Cash wrote "40 Shades of Green" and died at the same time as the Stones were in Dublin, the title was too good to resist)

These are very nice recordings .. and of course you get to hear Keith singing "It's A Long Way To Tipperary." What more can you ask for?
Sign-up rules are as follows and along the usual lines:

If you wish to take part in this tree, please send us an e-mail to [email protected] no later than MIDNIGHT (UK TIME) on Tuesday 28th October 2003.

You must be a "Rocks off" registered user to participate.

Please enclose with your e-mail :

1. your Rocks off screen name
2. your e-mail address for any correspondence
3. country of residence (please also add your STATE if you live in the USA)
4. Whether you wish to be a branch or a leaf. If you wish to be a branch,please state how many leaves you would be willing to make copies for.

After the deadline,I will e-mail the tree structure to everyone who has signed up privately.

By signing up for this tree, you are doing so on the strict understanding that you do NOT re-sell these recordings for any personal gain. Anyone who does so will be banned from taking part in future trees. The whole purpose of this project is to share the music with other fans and NOT to make money by selling bootlegs. If you're a collector who sells CD's or CDR's, please do NOT register for this tree. Thanks

[Edited by Gazza]
10-21-03 07:46 PM
Gimme My email is on his way. Thanks again.

Rob
10-21-03 07:53 PM
Gazza Just as a postscript to the Dublin shows. Those of you who were in Dublin for these shows or who visit the city regularly may be aware that in the Temple Bar area of the city theres a few small record stores which sell bootleg Cds, videos, tapes etc. Theyve been doing this for years and for the most part haven't been bothered by anyone.

a few days after the Stones were in town, you could get recordings of the two shows they played there. However, at the end of the month, the Stones' management in their infinite wisdom organised a raid on ALL of the stores in the area which meant that by early October it was hard to find even a bootleg tape of any artist on sale in the city.

Fortunately a few recordings were in circulation by then.
10-21-03 08:13 PM
BeastofBurden Gazza

THANK YOU, You are on a roll.

Kent
10-21-03 10:57 PM
Madafaka E-mail sent.
Thank you over and over again!
10-22-03 09:59 AM
sirfito E-Mail sent, Gazza.
Tahnk you very much again, man!
Cheers,
Fito
10-22-03 10:07 AM
Lazy Bones Makes me want to drink a pint a Guinness!

Thank you Bob and Gary!
10-22-03 04:57 PM
Monkey Woman E-mail sent! This board is turning into a full blown tree nursery!
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
10-22-03 06:43 PM
mandrack Hey,
thanks again!
10-22-03 08:18 PM
Martha Thanks Gary and everyone!

xxxooo,
Martha
10-24-03 05:22 PM
marko This board is turning into a full blown tree nursery!

So does this make gazza our Tree doctor?whos the patient
then?
10-25-03 11:02 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
marko wrote:
This board is turning into a full blown tree nursery!

So does this make gazza our Tree doctor?whos the patient
then?

"Gazza the arborist"
10-26-03 07:53 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
whos the patient then?

Don't know who's the patient. The inmates here at RO seem pretty IMpatient... to get their hands on Stones music!
10-26-03 11:13 AM
Gazza >"Gazza the arborist"

I had to do a double-take there as I thought you'd called me an "abortionist"
10-26-03 06:31 PM
glencar I went into one of those stores in Dublin, Gazza. They had great selection but mighty high prices. It's too bad the Stones raided them. Did anyone get in legal trouble?
10-26-03 07:54 PM
Gazza probably but theyre still open. generally theyd get their stock confiscated and fined.

maybe youre used to US prices, because generally theyre charging much the same price as you'd be expected to pay for a "legit" CD so i think �15 or so for a bootleg CD isnt bad.

Cd prices in the Uk for example are WAY higher than in the US (what we pay in �, you would pay in dollars, which when you consider that its about $1.60 to the pound speaks volumes). Prices in ireland would be similar to the UK
10-27-03 02:58 PM
glencar Some were 50 euros. I met one of the shop owners at lunch before the first concert. He was pretty funny. He had a great shop but I won't say where on the board.
10-27-03 03:17 PM
Gazza "had a great shop" is probably a very accurate statement!
10-27-03 03:20 PM
glencar LOL Did you get my email about this boot BTW? This is a must-have for me! Thanks.
10-27-03 08:02 PM
Flashpoint Gazza,i sent you an e-mail October 25th to sign up for Dublin tree and i just got a failure notice that it couldn't be delivered, so i sign up here

Flashpoint
[email protected]
Argentina
LEAF

10-28-03 07:41 AM
mac_daddy Gazza-

I signed up yesterday, but have yet to receive confirmation. I am only posting in this thread because it will be past the deadline when I return home from work today (I am leaving now), and I don't want to miss this one...
10-28-03 02:00 PM
jaymze Gazza,
sent an email to you about these gigs, hope it gets there as last week i kept getting failure notices back...... will try again later if i cant get through this time.

thanks again for letting us relieve the great memories!!

PS: speaking of memories, Glen car, remember chatting to me in the audience before the first gig in dublin. We were talking about the various gigs you saw in the states during the years and what songs we would love to hear in dublin (wild horses being one that we got, including miss corr!). hope you got back to the states in one piece after 2+ hours of killer rock and roll!

10-28-03 03:13 PM
glencar Aha! Welcome on board my Irish friend! I remember you well. The Thursday show was thought to be better by all the folks I was with but I preferred Tuesday because of Tipperary & Everybody Needs Somebody To Love.
10-28-03 03:31 PM
Gazza Jaymze
Glencar
Macdaddy

I got all your sign ups OK and you should now have an acknowledgement of your registration

for those of you in the US, I'm only checking the e-mails in the evening my time as I'm at work all day so if you signed up in the evening US time, just remember that I'm probably in bed by then and wont see your e-mail for about 18 hours. I'll always try and reply to any e-mails within 24 hours of it being sent - certainly it shouldnt be any later than 48. I'm 5 hours ahead of ET, and 8 ahead of PT.

if anyone ever gets e-mail bouncing back to you (and I cant think why it should) then put a post here stating this is the case and/or e-mail my regular e-mail on [email protected] or [email protected]. The reason I prefer to use the [email protected] address for tree sign ups is simply that its easier to monitor and that e-mail account I use exclusively for tree sign ups.

Flashpoint - thanks for your details. I've noted them.
[Edited by Gazza]
10-28-03 03:59 PM
glencar thanks, Gazza! I did get your email earlier. Much appreciated.
10-28-03 04:00 PM
glencar BTW I brought another poster onto here! I met Jayme in the Point at the beginning of the Dublin show. Nice guy.
10-28-03 07:24 PM
Gazza Always good to see someone else from my neck of the woods on here! thanks for "spreading the word" !!

The sign up for this tree is now closed. I'll e-mail the tree structure to everyone who has registered tomorrow.

The two American seeds for this tree are : Sirstonesalot and Littleredrooster

The two European seeds are : Sergegrange and Iris

62 people have signed up. As this one is only a 4-disc set instead of the usual 6-discs, hopefully it'll get distributed a bit faster. The US branches will be making 4-5 copies maximum and the Europeans 3-4.
10-28-03 07:37 PM
Gazza the next trees are scheduled to be :

1) Triple Dutch Rotterdam & Vredenburg 13, 15 & 16 August

2) London Licks Pt 2 (Wembley 13 & 15 Sept. and twickenham 20th Sept.) - we're waiting on a good copy of 13/9 before we can offer this one! (any donations welcome!)So,this one may be slightly delayed in favour of :

3) Ace of Clubs - a 3 show package in improved sound quality including the only two club shows on the Licks Tour not "treed" previously (excluding the two Las vegas club shows,one of which was a private show which hasnt circulated and the other featured a "non club show" setlist)- namely, Enmore Theatre, Sydney 18.2.03 and Olympia Paris 11.7.03 in improved, best possible quality as well as an upgrade of Astoria, London 27.8.03.

Whilst the Astoria show was treed recently, this newly circulating version is of higher quality. We're going to tree these three shows because the sound quality on all three is as good as you'll probably find from any audience recording on the entire tour. They'll blow your socks off. We may add a seventh disc on this set to include some of the rarities from the various club shows that don't feature on the Astoria,Enmore and Olympia shows, such as "She smiled sweetly" from Roseland, "Dont look back" from Aragon etc.

watch this space!
[Edited by Gazza]
10-28-03 08:51 PM
sirfito Sounds great, Gazza!
I'll be waiting and writing, of course.
Thank you very much.
Cheers,
Fito
10-29-03 09:02 AM
jaymze hey glencar, i have been looking at this messageboard for about a year but only realise now that yesterday was my first post! ive been to shy in giving my opinions i think!! not anymore though........
good to hear from you anyway.....!
Page: 1 2