ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing a free concert at the "Golden Gate Park" or any San Francisco Park... later it was Altamont
1969 Terry O'Neill
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: High School? College? Return to archive
11-13-02 12:17 AM
VoodooTattoo 1)
Those of you enrolled in either of these institutions are painfully aware of the total rap saturation that infiltrates the most important aspect of a young person's life: the music. Its all about the music to make you cool or a fag. The Stones are referred to as "old" or "fag music" and I can't stand it. They think they can get more chicks with their 12 inch dick music and a lot of these hoes they date play along with it. If anyone out there would stop to consider the pure emotional depth and seduction in Stones music that covers all possible aspects of anyone's experience.
2)
Rap music does not cater to real emotions but to these violent lifestyles created by producers. Kids go around thinking that its real life...these rappers go home, smoke up and rip on 10 women. ITs all fake! Its only for the superrich P Diddy for which this might work! However, Stones music IS REAL LIFE PUT TO MUSIC. Sympathy for the Devil rattles my soul every time I hear it. Its not just the notes and voices, its the emotions and stirrings that these things recreate. To take what they feel and then transfer that feeling to you via a medium of music is a miracle of physics! Think about this for Gimmie Shelter, Hand of Fate and Jumping Jack Flash and you get it.

Loniliness, anger, the joy of love, whatever the rambler feels is ten times for hardcore than what Eminem or Snoop feels when they murder people in their songs. The songs take emotion and put it to works with every song.

Im sad, I need a companion....its ANGIE
My ex is coming over to "talk" .....SPARKS WILL FLY
I just bombed a test.....YCAGWYW

In these ways the Stones comfort you personally!! LISTEN a sec! Im down and out about a girl...I feel sadness...I put on Angie...and Keith's sadness is there with mine! My sadness is relieved, and the song is over. Get it?

Sorry this is so complex, but I dearly love the Rolling Stones. They have been with my long emotional trip for 21 years. And please....Dont Stop!!
11-13-02 01:27 AM
MarthaMyDear I could not believe what I saw when I saw Mick and, basically, the whole band perform Midnight Rambler at Edison Field... It was PURE, RAW sexuality dripping from every pore of their beings... lol........... :P And, that does not even BEGIN to describe it... 0)AT ALL!!! I do not know WHAT I saw, but if mick had turned into a fricking WHEREWOLF, I wouldn't have blinked twice!!! WELL, maybe I would have... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P Also, CYHMK at the Wiltern... basically the same thing... Mick was just IN THE MOMENT!!! Freaking-out and dancing crazily yet sexy at the same time... It was just AMAZING... And, what makes a poor girl cry!!! lol......................... :P :P :P :P :P lol............. :P There are just TOO MANY MOMENTS TO REMEMBER that were just UNFORGETTABLE about these shows!!! I am STILL backtracking!!! Well, i've been a fan for about the same amount of time as you and I can remember songs that were, like, the soundtrack to my life... a boyfriend (and two... lol................. :P :P :P :P :P ), my best friend and I getting high and LOVING just listening to Goats Head Soup and High Tide And Green Grass and just staring at the album covers for quite a long time, if you know what I mean... I mmeasn, whooooooooooooooo... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P A friend tell me YCAGWYW, which I didn't like... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P I wish I could forget that memory, I think... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Hilarious times regarding some songs... lol............. :P They just are a soundtrack to your life, man, and don't you fricking FORGET IT!!! lol........... :P Damn... I think I'm gonna have to see them again... lol....... :P this sucks... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, ROCK ON!!! KEEP FOLLOWING THAT RIGHTEOUS PATH!!! lol........... :P ROCK ON!!!
11-13-02 01:59 AM
fmk438j Kid's like to follow bad asses, always have. Rap dudes are the, (or promoted as the) bad asses of today. Some kid in the suburbs probably never seen a gun, but if he can hear about some 'gangsta' puttin caps in dudes asses than it is cool for him. The music is a side-note.
11-13-02 02:02 AM
MidnightRambler Well...I for one am enrolled in college: UIUC in Illinois.
Well, you're right on the fact that lots of kids my age listen to rap but a lot listen to the heavy metal. With that in mind, the Rolling Stones are in a department of their own. When people ask me what music I like I say "The Rolling Stones" and they respect that. There's a sense of reserve like "that's cool"--the Stones are in a level that can't be measured with the other performers from today.

11-13-02 02:16 AM
MarthaMyDear Most people I meet respond positively when I say that my favorite band is the Stones, etc.... It's only when I go to pretentious coffeehouses, etc., that I get a negative response from SOME people, but not all...
11-13-02 02:49 AM
lin yeah, it would be nice if those close to you appreciated the stones music, but i think i was born in the wrong generation anyway. and if they don't like the stones, it's their loss - think of all the years they have missed listening to the stones. i wouldn't want to be in that position
11-13-02 09:00 AM
F505 MarthaMyDear is that you on your avator?
11-13-02 09:41 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah, modern pop and rap sucks. It's sad to see how far rap has fallen. You have to dig reaaaaaaally deep if you want to find something that could be remotely passable - artists who don't get airplay because they don't rap about how rich they are and all the pre-paid love they get because they actually have a reason to use the protest medium. They get buried under the whiny rich white suburban kids who think it's gangsta to listen to DMX or something. They wouldn't last five seconds outside of their gated communities.

I get a lot of flak for likin' The Stones. When I ask why they don't like 'em, the response is always the same. "Derrrr... they're old and wrinkly and don't sing to recordings, and only one of them dances..." Not one comment about the music. Of course, then you ask if they've heard The Stones, and of course the answer is 'ermmm... no...'.

High school - be different just like everybody else.

-tSYX --- Dum diddle dee dum dum, little girl where did you come from?
11-13-02 11:38 PM
MarthaMyDear Yes, F505, that's me!!! I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread, but I forgot where it was (?!?!?!)... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mind's all a-jumble with work here, etc.... Anyways, that is my drivers license pic. about TEN YEARS AGO... I don't like to take pix of myself and I don't think I take pix well, etc., but I think that's the best one I have of me, etc.... I'm trying to find a good avatar to use (a Stones one, etc.), so I just put that up there in the meantime, etc.... Anyways, it's nice hearing from ya' and enjoy the shows, if you haven't already, ok.??? Still backtracking here on the GREATNESS of the shows here... I just can't BELIEVE how amazing they were... Maybe it's not unbelievable, though... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, take care and ROCK ON!!! Talk to you soon!!!
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]