ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing a free concert at the "Golden Gate Park" or any San Francisco Park... later it was Altamont
1969 Terry O'Neill
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rip'n on Keith Return to archive
11-11-02 11:36 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I've been in conversation with a guy at another board that swares that he attended a Stones show and that the boys were using pre-recorded guitar parts. Claims that Keith was right in front of him fooling with his cig while the guitar part was still being heard. I've tried to tell him it was probably Ronnie picking up the part. That, or either he must have been eating some really good shrooms! He also claims that Keith is a phony in the sense that he doesn't play up to the Rock star in real life. Said that he comes in his wife's antique shop and is very nice guy, nothing like the image. I guess he thinks that Keith needs to be throwing TVs out of windows or bashing people over the head with his guitar to be real. What an idiot!
11-11-02 11:49 AM
Boomhauer Was this guy you were talking to that dick biter guy that comes around here?

11-11-02 11:50 AM
jb We know Blondie is backing him, but tapes would seem unlikely .
11-11-02 11:57 AM
Boomhauer This is all complete bullshit!

These guys are great at what they do and I don't think they would go to the level of Milli Vannilli.

11-11-02 11:59 AM
jb I agree....But there seems to be a lot of questions surrounding keith's playing this tour...do you think all the shit he said about Mick is coming back to haunt him?
11-11-02 12:02 PM
Nellcote Hey JB, you guys let the J E T S prevail, WTF?
Lucas caved!
11-11-02 12:06 PM
jb After watching the Patriots, with the help of the referees, steal the game from the Bears, I didn't think it could get much worse....but I was wrong....another disgraceful offensive performance....To say the town is in a bit of an uproar, is an understatement....Something tells me that the last game of the season, in 20 degree weather in Boston, is going to determine the AFC East champion.
11-11-02 12:18 PM
Nellcote JB;

Don't blame the refs. Replay was approved several years ago by the league. It allows decisions to be made. The defensive back for the Bears did not maintain contol of the ball. I told my wife, "they will flash the Snow Bowl next" no sooner did I say that, it came on. Brady took a 15 yd personal foul earlier in the qtr, which awoke the Patriot juggernaut from 2001. It's coming, and so is the snow. The Pats are a second half team. As said previously, we have the ex con snowplow ready to go for the Phins!
11-11-02 12:45 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
jb wrote:
I agree....But there seems to be a lot of questions surrounding keith's playing this tour...do you think all the shit he said about Mick is coming back to haunt him?

Yes, yes I do.

His big fat mouth wrote a few checks his big fat fingers can't cash.

I think that it is nonsense that they're using backing tapes, if only because I have not noticed any kind of similarity in his playing from show to show. If they were using backing tracks, why would his opening chords to "Brown Sugar" often sound like he's hitting the wrong key, or, say, on the Start Me Up from the Tower, where it sounds like he starts on the wrong frets.

At the shows I saw I watched Keith pretty closely, because I want Keith to be the greatest rock and roll guitar player of all time - which is his title by right. I noticed some slackness on some songs, particularly Mick's. But I don't know whether he's hampered by some limited dexterity or if he's deliberately playing duff on this tour. Would love to hear tapes proving me wrong -- thought the Orpheum tapes revealed some pretty spectacular Keithness. Do any of the circulating tapes show Keith in what we might term "spectacular"?

Yes, I think Keith might be reaping a karmic whirlwind at the moment.

11-11-02 12:52 PM
Maxlugar Did you get my package yet, your Nastyness?
11-11-02 12:58 PM
Nasty Habits Oh, sir, did I not write you a message of thanks? Thought I did! I LOVES IT! Don't know why they synch'd Hot Stuff and Everybody Needs Somebody to Love on the same track, silly peeples, but you have got to love that version of Hand of Fate and Stray Cat, now don'tcha?

I will be returning the favor as soon as I get some new blank CDs. And I am working on a nice list of shit kicking, hard drinking, bad living, wife cheating country music for you as well.

A thousand and two thanks and dorky smiles . . .

Nasty!

11-11-02 02:37 PM
Maxlugar YES!

Can't wait for that shit kicking, sister boffing stuff!

I love Hand of Fate!

I love Hot Stuff too. You know it's funny, It took me about three listens before I even realized that Mick doesn't do any of the second part lyrics at all! It's just "Hot Stuff" all the way through. And I still love it. How did they do that?!?!?! Magicians...those Stones.

MACKSEE!
11-11-02 03:59 PM
Nasty Habits Yeah, I wish that he would do his stupid little rap about "all the sisters in Philadelphia you think you're pretty tough! Shakeitup! All the Undercover Members in the audieunche -- I knowyoubehatin'thissetlistalot! Wail iss hotstuff!"

Have you heard a version of Dance from this tour yet? My GOD is that shit groovin.

Johnny Paycheck is all time country classic killing brilliance, particarly the song "Pardon Me I've Got Someone to Kill".

Also for you to check out: The Great Eddie Noak, psycho country songwriter extraordinaire, whose song "Beer Drinkin Daddy" is one each and every member of the Rocks Off family should know.

Developizating ---

Nastee
11-11-02 04:04 PM
luxury1 At the three shows I've attended so far on this tour, Keith seems to really wake up towards the end of the show. Always a bit "hit and miss" at the outset.
11-11-02 08:18 PM
Maxlugar Yes I heard Dance on the Roseland boot.

Tay-stay!

Me likey like!