ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Arriving to the show at The El Rey - November 15, 2001
Photo by John Hayes/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones story on Ticketmaster today Return to archive
10-31-01 12:44 PM
StonedInD.C. Rolling Stones lay the groundwork for 40th anniversary tour

by Jon Zahlaway
LiveDaily Staff Writer
OCT. 29, 5:42 P.M. ET
The Rolling Stones are making plans to embark on a world tour in 2002. The outing will mark the group's 40th anniversary.

No dates have been announced, and it is not known if the group plans to release an album in conjunction with the tour. According to a group spokesperson, "discussions are underway" to lock down the particulars.

The group last toured in early 1999 in support of its 1998 live album, "No Security." That 34-date outing grossed $66.7 million, according to Pollstar. According to Amusement Business, the Rolling Stones' concerts grossed nearly $751 million in the 1990s on 12 million tickets sold.

"No Security" was recorded during the group's 1997-1998 tour behind 1997's "Bridges to Babylon," the group's most recent studio effort.

Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards recently performed at Madison Square Garden as part of the Oct. 20 Concert for New York benefit.

The Rolling Stones' first live performance took place at London's Marquee Club on July 12, 1962, according to All Music Guide.

Jagger is set to release his latest solo album, "Goddess In The Doorway" (Virgin), on Nov. 20. The singer collaborated with Lenny Kravitz, Bono (U2), Rob Thomas (matchbox twenty) and Wyclef Jean on some of the album's 12 tracks. Guitarists Pete Townshend (The Who) and Joe Perry (Aerosmith) perform on the album, according to Jagger's official website.

A streaming version of "God Gave Me Everything," the album's first single, is available at Jagger's website.

10-31-01 02:37 PM
Maxlugar I pray to God they make an album before they tour.

If anyone needs me tonight, I'll be at Yankee Friggin Stadium (The House that Babe friggin' Ruth Built!)

I shall also be there Thursday night. I'll be in the Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily Anus Immoblizer field boxes.

A World Famous Rolling Stones poster (as seen in Entertainment Weekly)deserves no
less than to be at not one but two World Series games.

The thought of the Mighty Yankees losing to the lowly Diamond Backs leaves me Visably Shaken!

I'll be in touch.

That is all.....
10-31-01 03:12 PM
nankerphelge oh you cock -- rubbing our nose in it.

Okay -- ya gotta come up with something good. Remember the guy a few years ago in the ALCS againt the Red Sox putting pictures of Babe friggin Ruth up for every Yankee strikeout!

That's good shit

You need something equally obnoxious -- think you can get the crowd chanting something? See how he handles 3 days rest -- if he starts throwing like shit -- start some chant up like "Girl Throw" or "nankerphelge says you suck alot" or you come up with something. Hope to hear ya as I suck down a few Heinekens this full-mooned all Hallows eve.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.