ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Arriving to the show at The El Rey - November 15, 2001
Photo by John Hayes/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger Returns to Radio With a Bang Return to archive
10-29-01 08:14 PM
Jaxx New Media
October 29, 2001

Mick Jagger Returns to Radio With a Bang

'God Gave Me Everything' #1 Most Added at Rock Radio in First Week

Track is a Preview to 'Goddess in the Doorway,' The First Jagger Album in Eight Years, Due November 20

Mick Jagger made a triumphant return to radio this week, rolling over the competition with the first track from his forthcoming album.

"God Gave Me Everything," the seriously pounding modern rocker from the upcoming Jagger set 'Goddess in the Doorway,' landed at rock radio this week and was instantly added to key Rock radio stations from coast to coast. According to the October 26 edition of industry trade journal Radio & Records, among the key stations who added "God Gave Me Everything" were: WAXQ (New York), KLOS (Los Angeles), WBAB (Long Island, NY), WRIF (Detroit), WIYY (Baltimore), WLVQ (Columbus), WFBQ (Indianapolis), KDKB (Phoenix), and WHJY (Providence, where it was receiving Number One phones).

The rocker was also Number One Most Added at Triple A radio, as a result of being added to such stations as WXRT (Chicago), WBOS (Boston), WXRV (Boston), KXST (San Diego), KMTT (Seattle), and WXPN (Philadelphia).

Says Jagger of the track, "(GOD GAVE ME EVERYTHING) is a song I wrote with Lenny Kravitz. He wrote all the chord structure and then we wrote the top lines together. I said, 'Well, do you have any lyric ideas?' He said, 'Absolutely none.' So I went into a corner in this sort of Clockwork Orange house in Miami and wrote the lyrics in about ten minutes, and said, 'Well, I hope this is going to do.' No, God receives no publishing on the song. He didn't claim anything and he didn't get anything."

Virgin Records will release Mick Jagger's 'Goddess in the Doorway' on November 20. The hotly-anticipated solo album from this iconic performer marks the label debut for Jagger as a solo artist, his first such outing since 1993's 'Wandering Spirit.' The first track from 'Goddess in the Doorway,' "God Gave Me Everything," was co-written and produced with labelmate Lenny Kravitz. Jagger just finished shooting the accompanying video, lensed by award-winning director Mark Romanek.
10-29-01 09:20 PM
steel driving hammer Thank you Jaxxy baby honey pooh.
Haven't heard a single song of this album yet.
I will rise in Jubalee in hearing the entire album w/ barrels of wine.
M i c k J a g g e r i s G o d . . . !
Marko is his aprentice...
10-30-01 12:39 AM
Jaxx
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Haven't heard a single song of this album yet.
I will rise in Jubalee in hearing the entire album w/ barrels of wine.

either have i! i am waiting for the entire album to be released myself. however, my choice of meds is a bit different.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.