ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Arriving to the show at The El Rey - November 15, 2001
Photo by John Hayes/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Deep thoughts Return to archive
10-26-01 04:22 PM
Miss U. I like how this board has representation from all the Stones members...well, pretty much....no one seems to have an avatar of Charlie or Mick Taylor or Wyman. But all the Stones are given equal respect. It's not swamped by posts demanding we should swap Ron Wood for Taylor etc. And that I like because I have alot of respect for EVERY Stone as a talented musician, the joy they've given me, rhythm, rhyme & harmony freed my soul....regardless of whether I personally like or don't like certain members. It's *The MUSIC*.

Another thang: This board can be a great balance between stones news and opinions, debates. I like how we can discuss with each other respectfully. I was here when the board was news only; it seemed most people only lurked instead of posting...there was only a couple other posters. This board IS the best of both worlds, people...fun AND informational. Creative too! Here we can have our cake and eat it too.
I'd hate to see Maxy lose his spunk for the sake of a few envious people In Another Land. And I think Eggman's posts are hilarious!!
This brings to mind Mim Scala (friend of BJ, Hendrix, Keith Moon, Cat Stevens), who commented on the sixties:

"The whole moral structure was changing. Before, everything was hypocritical. Once it began to get loose, it became more sensible." But wasn't Sixties culture, with its vapid spirituality, equally hypocritical? "There are always people who are having a good time, and people who are not and resent it," he replies, refusing to be drawn.

So, Let It Loose, and as Monty Python would say, "Carry On, boys!"
10-26-01 04:28 PM
Ned Kelly cool.
10-30-01 01:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Pretty cool message and thanks! I didn't see it on time as I was out of town since Thursday, and I'm going to be again tomorrow and Wednesday.

It is very kind and objective, but baby! Carol Rock uses a Mick Taylor avatar, almost the same that you started to use yours! Carol is giving a new life to her page, so check it out, she lost the "past" and now is present and future, and she is really connected, I'm sure about it and deeply indebted to her for her help to bring Mick to play a hot night down here, and it was really hot!

Her site is located here http://www.rocking.to/TheMickTaylorBand/

Again thanks for your support Miss U, it is the fuel of our engine!
10-30-01 07:12 PM
Miss U. Oh, yeah, I remember Carol...too bad she doesn't post her more often. Neat site. Hope ya had a festive vacation!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.