ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greatest Simpsons Ever ? Return to archive
11-10-02 08:36 PM
cherryred The Simpsons can't get any better now that they've had our favorite
Rock and Roll band on the show. Did you see Keef's skull ring?
11-10-02 08:38 PM
Boomhauer I laughed so hard when they showed Mick n' Keith working at their houses.
11-10-02 08:39 PM
cherryred and how about the two of them working at the cash register!
11-10-02 08:45 PM
Boomhauer Or when Homer was telling them about how rock stars are the type of people that can get away with things and that others would be put in jail. Keith was like "That's what I was trying to tell them!"

Also, it was kind of cool to see the rock stars get pissed at Homer.
11-10-02 08:49 PM
no_cole_porter The song selection was quite nice. A Start Me Up introduction, Choreography to She's So Cold, Installing storm windows and mowing the lawn while pooring your fellow Glimmer Twin some lemonade to Rip This Joint. Funniest shit I've ever seen. Nice detail paid to Keef's ring and bracelet too.
11-10-02 08:50 PM
Mr T nowhere near my favorite Simpsons episode, but still damn funny - Keith was great
11-10-02 09:27 PM
Martha I LOVED that they ended it with "Rip This Joint"..and the outtakes were too cool! Looks like the boys have been having a blast. Great episode.
11-10-02 09:39 PM
Fiji Joe Lenny, don't you some pants to stuff...
11-10-02 11:27 PM
Angiegirl So, when will it be available online for us non-americans???
11-11-02 02:40 AM
gypsy I recorded it, Angiegirl. Do you use VHS or PAL? I can make copies.
It was a great episode. I liked the ending as well...where Keith put vodka in his orange juice. Cute!
11-11-02 05:56 AM
luxury1 Keith was so articulate I had a hard time believing it was really him doing the voice-over.
11-11-02 07:32 AM
quackenbush meh

While it was nice to see Keith and Mick on the Simpsons,
I didn't think the show was very funny. The show was cluttered with too many rockers, six in all. So the scenes
which featured all of the rockers together were interminably long, because they each took a turn to say something whether it was funny or not. Keith and Mick should have been the only guest stars.
11-11-02 07:45 AM
Maxlugar It was no Monorail episode but still funny as shit.

I loved the ending with Rip this Joint.

And I too couldn't believe how articulate Keith was. Not that he's friggin' Ozzy but his voice was very loud and up front. I loved it.

11-11-02 10:15 AM
jb Truthfully, a lame show..best part was outakes and RTJ ending.(never watched it before and never will again).
11-11-02 10:42 AM
Fiji Joe Agreed lame...but worth watching just for Mick and Keith
11-11-02 10:51 AM
jb You seem so pleasent Fiji...is this an attemp at reapproachment?
11-11-02 10:59 AM
Fiji Joe Well, I'm not one to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing
11-11-02 11:00 AM
F505 Is that you JB on Fiji Joe's avator? Didn't know you are such a fatso. How many pounds do you weigh anayway?
11-11-02 11:04 AM
jb Good..not like some ass-holes I have to deal with at StoneDoug's who have to post obnoxious things after every post I make....By the way, I see you are also far from loved on Keno's....some people have no concept of sarcasm...
And yes F505, that's me on the left and Rik(your little dannish boy) on the right.
[Edited by jb]
11-11-02 12:55 PM
Martha jb wrote:

"some people have no concept of sarcasm."

Perhaps they do have a concept of it..and that's what causes you so much flak jb.

Here's one description:

"Repugnant as it is in itself, sarcasm becomes even more distasteful when we find it comes from the Greek verb "sarcazo," which means to tear flesh. It is that form of irony in which the speaker is motivated by scorn."

[Edited by Martha]
11-11-02 12:56 PM
Martha
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Keith was so articulate I had a hard time believing it was really him doing the voice-over.

I DID too! Good thing they had included those behind the scenes outtakes so I could actually SEE him delivering the lines...lol!
11-11-02 01:06 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
gypsy wrote:

It was a great episode. I liked the ending as well...where Keith put vodka in his orange juice. Cute!

I thought that was lemonade!

My favorite part of the whole thing was Mick yelling "WAKE UP!" over the camp speakers.

I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't give Mick some kind of pronounced lips.

11-11-02 01:40 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
jb wrote:
Truthfully, a lame show..best part was outakes and RTJ ending.(never watched it before and never will again).

It was intersting, but I agree the Simpson's are over rated. When you need to add chiba to the mix for it to be funny...unlike South Park which is funny no matter what brain state you're in. They shoulda done that one.
11-11-02 01:42 PM
jb They had a special on Decco drive about how much they loved making it...Mick said his kids watch it...Keith said they changed their schedules to tape it...
11-11-02 04:34 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Here is a picture from the show. Keith always had a smoke lit. Check out Keith's ring. Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, Lenny Kravitz, Brian Setzer, surounding Keith, Homer and Mick.
[Edited by Stones Fan, Gar]