ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones-Stones-Stones!!! Return to archive
11-09-02 03:19 PM
McQueen Caught the boys in Tacoma. Saw them on Bridges and Voodoo in K-Dome. No comparison. Though the K-Dome shows were pretty solid, this band was in a different league last week. Good God Almighty they rocked! The crowd was really into the set from start to finish. Sure, there was a lot of Hot Rocks stuff, but they threw in a few lesser known tunes here and there and as a whole, it was a fantastic show. Some things that really jumped out at me:

1) Mick Jagger has entered timeless wonder status with this tour. No-one has done what he has done. Any who question his age has not seen him perform live this tour. He has become both the Alpah and Omega of rock performing. All others must be compared to him and fall far short. I was close to both the main stage and B-stage, running back and forth when needed, and the man is incredible. I'm half his age and he would run circles around me. Amazing. His was in total control from the outset, playing both wicked ringmaster, with just the perfect touch of self-depracation at the whole spectacle. His Monkey Man was dirty, raunchy, filthy, and oh-so-tasty.

2) A Stones concert is an amazing mix of folks from all ages and walks of life. I brought a friend who was seeing them for the first time and he was speechless at the end. From sixteen to sixty we all got down to this band's amazing showmanship. Not many other acts out there do this in the broad range of the Stones. A beautiful thing to behold.

3) Ronnie is steppin' up bigtime with this tour. Let's all hope he can continue. He was rock solid and clearly enjoying every second of he reemergence. Some of his licks were so pure as to make one cry out in joyful ecstacy.

4) And speaking of enjoyment, Charlie is showing more smiles per beat than I ever recall on other shows. His applause during the intros was amazing. It went on and on and on and he clearly was touched. The man oozes class and dignity. His sticks were, as always, amazing.

5) Keith paces himself more than before. He does tend to coast on some numbers, but when the mood strikes him and he gets that look, watch out! He can still rip a riff that burns the masses better than any, it just doesn't happen with the frequency it did from the 70s. That's what some of my older Stones friends tell me anyways. But his solo spot was the most beautiful and profound moment in the show. Physically he might not possess the level of ability he once did, but his heart and soul are clearly in tune better than ever. Slipping Away brought tears to my eyes, for both the audience and Keith understood the inherent meaning in his words better now than ever. This amazing trip cannot continue forever, and the days ahead are far fewer than the days behind this band. Keith has always been my favorite and I love the man even more since Tacoma. What a beautiful soul. Both God and Satan can find mutual satisfaction with this one.

This show was amazing. This tour is amazing. This band is amazing. One more time boys? One more lick? I don't know. If the answer is no, I don't want to know.

If you haven't seen them on this run kids, do it. Don't bitch about ticket prices, the set list, listen to the pedantic rantings of middle-aged reporters who would trade places with Mick and the Boys in a second -JUST GO SEE THEM.

I love this band. If you see them and cannot understand the sentiment of that simple statement, fuck off.

Glad to find this board and blessings to all of you fellow fans. May you often find good times in your company...
11-09-02 04:10 PM
gypsy Great review! Thanks for sharing!
11-09-02 04:22 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
McQueen wrote:
I love this band. If you see them and cannot understand the sentiment of that simple statement, fuck off.

Hallelujiah!

From the mouths of new members of the board comes wisdom of the ages!

So I take it they were pretty good, then?

-tSYX --- She has just been brought up in that way...
11-09-02 07:47 PM
luxury1 Yes, McQueen. That is the stuff this band is made of. I need to make my husband read your review, cuz he just doesn't get it, and is trying to stop me from going to any more shows this tour. And I just NEED to see them a few more times. I have a sinking feeling, that as a band, this is not going on forever.