ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has anyone here played a mellotron? Return to archive
11-09-02 02:30 PM
sasca ?
11-09-02 03:00 PM
gypsy KeepRigidsLawyer played the mellotron back in the '70's. Or was it the dulcimer?
11-09-02 03:02 PM
Moonisup I like to play with myself

the dirty shoe
11-09-02 03:39 PM
gypsy Well, yes, Moonisup. But, that's just a given. Especially around here.
11-09-02 03:55 PM
Highwire Rob Isn't that a mellotron used on the classic British Sci-Fi theme "Dr. Who"? That has to be one of the classic uses of that instrument.

Radiohead plays a pretty mean one aswell. What songs did the Beatles use Mellotron on?
11-10-02 12:30 AM
KeepRigidsLawyer Child, you remind me of another lifetime! LOL!

I believe you are referring to the reels I played for you- privately- of my clavichord performance of "Green Groweth the Holly". Quite popular in Greenwich, at the time.
11-10-02 12:44 AM
gypsy Ahh, yes, that was it, KRsL.
By the way, I liked your old avatar better. The one with the young, innocent little girl. It did indeed remind me of what I looked like when we first met.
11-11-02 12:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I like to play with myself

the dirty shoe

Hehehehehehe Mr. Wooden Shoe in the corner!!!
We all do Rik, but what is a mellotron???