ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC Rock Hall 2003 Inductees announced Return to archive
11-08-02 08:09 PM
Martha If someone else has posted this already I apologize for duplicating it, otherwise rock on!
---------------------------------------------
Rock Hall to Induct Police, Clash

Nov 7, 3:59 PM (ET)
By DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK (AP) - Three British exports from rock's "new wave" of the late 1970s - The Police, The Clash and Elvis Costello and the Attractions - will join the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year.

They'll be inducted along with the Righteous Brothers, blue-eyed soul singers of "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'," and Australian hard rockers AC/DC.

The 18th annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held March 10 in New York and televised later on VH1.

The Police's relatively short career included hits such as "Roxanne" and "Every Breath You Take." Lead singer Sting maintains an active solo career.

The politically charged quartet The Clash broke in as punk rockers and expanded their sound to take in reggae and urban influences. Their biggest radio hit was "Rock the Casbah."

Costello, a prolific genre-hopper with hits such as "Alison,""Pump it Up" and "Veronica," led the tight trio, the Attractions, for more than a decade. He still performs with two of its members, keyboardist Steve Nieve and drummer Pete Thomas.

The Righteous Brothers were Southern California crooners Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield, who also sang the hits "Unchained Melody" and "(You're My) Soul and Inspiration."

The bone-crunching riffs of Angus and Malcolm Young lead AC/DC, who are still active. The 1980 hit "You Shook Me All Night Long" is a band highlight.

As is often the case with the rock hall, the ceremony has the potential for some tense reunions in tuxedos. Costello feuds with Attractions bassist Bruce Thomas, and both The Police and The Clash had acrimonious breakups.

Earlier this year, Talking Heads re-formed to perform at their rock hall induction after years of bitterness.

Additional inductees in the "sidemen" and nonperformer categories will be announced later.

11-08-02 08:23 PM
Dan No Cheap Trick. Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame is fucking lame.
11-08-02 09:48 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy It took them this long to induct The Clash?

What the hell is wrong with these people?

-tSYX --- If you can't rock me, somebody will...
11-08-02 10:25 PM
BILL PERKS AC/DC RULES...THEY SHOULD BE THE STONES PERMANENT OPENING ACT.
11-08-02 10:53 PM
Mr T fuck that - it's time to get Van Halen in there, I never liked the Police much
11-08-02 11:03 PM
parmeda AC/DC...very pleased to hear this news!
I've always had a soft spot for Angus & Malcolm...
11-08-02 11:08 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 ac/dc is a great choice. it is good they got the rightous brothers in too. they had been eligible as early as 1990.
11-09-02 10:00 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox Savage, I believe you have to wait 25 years after your first album to be inducted.

*The waiting is the hardest part*
11-09-02 01:05 PM
Martha That is correct HardKnoxDirtySox...25 years. I'd like to know more about how they go about choosing inductees..I know it is a short list each year.

I used to be grumpy about who was not in the Hall of Fame but am getting over it.

The Rock Hall is fantastic..remember the C-10 had their first summit there...I regard the place as my absolute most favorite museum to visit..would live there if they allowed it. They have so many cool things on display and bring in lots of exhibits...it is mind-blowing. I am so grateful we have this great place to come together as rock fans. It's the second best place to meet people, the first being a live (Stones) show.
11-10-02 01:46 PM
Martha
Entertainment
Full Story 11/10/2002  10:29:10 EST
Police to Reunite for Hall Induction

ROME (AP) - The Police may get together again - at least for one night, and possibly two.

Former Police drummer Stewart Copeland told reporters Friday in Milan that the band would play March 10 in New York when it is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the ANSA news agency said.

The Police, which split up in 1985 after making such hits as "Roxanne" and "Every Breath You Take," have also been asked to perform at a future concert honoring South Africa's Nelson Mandela, ANSA said.

There's just one hitch, involving one member of The Police.

"Sting still hasn't said yes," ANSA quoted Copeland as saying, referring to the Mandela concert only. "In fact, me and (guitarist) Andy Summers were thinking of asking Bono to sing with us," he said, referring to U2's lead singer.

The concert is called "Sending Out an S.O.S" - lyrics from the Police hit "Message in a Bottle," which the band has been asked to perform, ANSA said.

Three British exports of rock's "new wave" of the 1970s - The Police, The Clash and Elvis Costello and the Attractions - will join the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 10 along with the Righteous Brothers and Australian hard rockers AC/DC.
11-10-02 03:29 PM
Fiji Joe Nice they recognized Elvis Costello...You figure they'll just save money and combine his exhibit with Buddy Holly?
11-11-02 01:35 AM
padre Keith said somewhere that he really digs Bon Scott-era AC/DC and at that moment Powerage was his favourite album from the band. It would be heaven (or hell?) on earth to see The Stones and AC/DC doing a gig together! Something else compared to Shaggy...