ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SF Weather Return to archive
11-08-02 11:36 AM
Gimme Shelter I guess the weather in SF is crazy. 50mph winds, heavy rain, but they say the only way they will cancel if there is lightening. I sure hope it clears up somewhat for the shows.
11-08-02 11:38 AM
Mikey Gimme-

Where you going to be between 5 and 6 tonight, let's meet up?

Mikey

11-08-02 11:39 AM
jb To bad...you guys are not going to get a very good show...
11-08-02 11:45 AM
Gimme Shelter We are coming in from Sacramento and leaving here at about 2:00. We'll probally be getting to the stadiun about 5:00, with traffic and the weather permitting.
11-08-02 11:57 AM
Mikey Why do you say that? Because of the weather? They say that the rain is supposed to taper off tonight. This is the Stones, JB! Not Brittany.

Mikey
11-08-02 12:07 PM
Gimme Shelter Trust me, if the Stones play I will be there. If we have to sit in boats I'll be there. No question. I'll be at all three Bay Area shows.
11-08-02 02:48 PM
BrianH I beg to differ with you on that JB- one of the best
stadium shows I have ever seen was San Diego Feb 98-
in the rain!
(But Edison last week was better)
11-08-02 02:49 PM
BrianH everyone just wear your rain gear and gloves
11-08-02 03:15 PM
nankerphelge Well I wish you all a great time -- I'm sure you'll manage. I only wish I could be there! I will be in spirit!
11-08-02 03:31 PM
Maxlugar You know that shot of Mick on stage in the rain in A Life on the Road where he is sticking his finger out and a single solitary rain drop is caught smacking it?

You know that picture?

That could happen hundreds of times tonight.

But if no one is there to take that picture will anyone really know?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

MAXY!!
11-08-02 04:27 PM
Joey Sounds like Persian weather to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh ???????????

Joeykins

11-08-02 08:37 PM
Martha Rain it's gonna rain MUSIC that'll kick yer heads off!!

Gosh I wish I was goin tonight too...it's raining tears at my house people!

At least my best friend..dead man cum is goin to be there..he'll keep the flame burning for me tonight.
11-09-02 01:30 AM
Maxlugar Well at least you're half way right......

Newt Gingrich IS the ruler of the free world.....

Ma-ma YOWSER!

Ma-ma YOWSER!

Ma-ma MAXER!

MAXER!

YOW!

M! <------- He is a slave to the DRIVER!

m

m'y!
11-09-02 06:47 AM
luxury1 When I saw the Stones in '94 at Giants Stadium, it was a huge thunderstorm--Counting Crows opened, and performed a shortened set (thank god) with Adam Duritz bitching about the weather and getting electrocuted the whole time. Well, the Stones came on, despite a bit of lightening and a huge downpour, Keith only once mentioned the weather with his usual "Guess God is with us tonight"--and played for their usual 2+ hours. Too great.
11-09-02 11:46 AM
nankerphelge Wasn't just about every Euro date in '98 a washout? I remember reading the reviews and seems like 80% of them were rainy! Ain't no sissy boys in this band -- except for Keith when he runs.
11-09-02 01:46 PM
Moonisup The Hague in 1998 had very very very heavy rains all the concert long and it was one of the best shows of the Eurotour!!

the wooden shoe
11-09-02 05:21 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Yeah, the wooden shoe is right here...The Hague 98...we had severe showers during the entire show, but it was the best one I ever saw!! Too bad that Waiting on a friend turned out to be the Webvote....
11-10-02 10:04 AM
Stones Fan, Gar In 1989, we went to Alpine Valley. It Rained the day before, all the way there,and all through the opening act.(Living Color) Alpinr Valley is on a hill and people were literally sliding down the hill, like it was some sort of body surfing event. As the lights went down God Said,'Here comes the Stones, better stop this nonsence.' The rain stopped and it did not start again that night.