ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fernando Aceves strikes again!!!
Congratulations our friend... another great cover!
Photo taken at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA Séptember 18, 2002 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Important Question! Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-08-02 07:01 PM
gypsy I'm not using 'gay' as an insult, and I don't feel that anyone else is either. I work with a LOT of gay male nurses, and some of them are my best friends. But, we have that kind of friendship where you can joke around about them being 'gay.' I know that most of the guys on this board are not homophobic and do not discriminate against gays. It was just a joke, not meant to offend.
11-08-02 08:48 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
sasca wrote:
I think many of Shakira's songs are fantastic. I suspect many of you would think so too if they were released with Mick singing as Rolling Stones songs. But you're too fucking insecure. You claim to be interested in the music but if it's not marketed the way you like you won't listen to it. Hypocrites.

First of all, I never said anything about gays and never used "gay" in a derogatory way.

Secondly, your post makes no sense at all.

Lastly, I don't understand how people not liking Shakira's songs are hypocrites. There's nothing hypocritical about not liking a pop artist. I don't get how you advocate that the Rolling Stones make any type of correlation with Shakira.

"You claim to be interested in the music.."

What music? If you're talking about the STones, then, yes, I am. Shakira, no.

What you are implying is that if you don't like SOMEBODY'S music, then you can't like ANYBODY'S music. Oh, since I don't like the Beatles or Shakira, then I don't deserve to like the STones or Buckcherry? Yeah, you make a lot of sense there, Sascatoon. And for some odd reason, marketing strategy has something to do with enjoying music.

If you need an artist to be on a PEPSI commercial to give you reason to like them, then be my guest.

[Edited by Boomhauer]
11-08-02 08:56 PM
Martha Fuck it...don't try to use rational thought on this topic Gypsy. No need to apologize for anyone's posts here, IMO. It is, after all, just a little good, filthy fun otherwise known as a typical Friday at Rocks Off.

Hell just for that ....I'm coming out of the closet, being of not a blood relation, but related TO a relation of the original Siamese twins Ang and Chang..(no I ain't shittin' anyone here).....

I'm bisexual/gay/straight and on certain days could care less....go figure that out..do the math and don't call me I'll call you...very happily married and harboring flirtatous tendencies late in the evening but only on rare occasions....

Now do I need a lawyer, Ronnie?

Maxy...I can't WAIT to hear about the meeting....you ARE going to "fill us in" aren't you???

Getting in line and standin' by for a GO!

develop this..........
11-08-02 10:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I really like Shakira's new song Objection (Tango).

I am gay?

No maxy... you're not gay, Shakira could be a great rocker or even a blues singer, but she is managed by POP SHIT MAKER$.

I saw her doing "Walk this way" in an Aerosmith Tribute in front of the group members, she was the best of that night.

She loves the Rolling Stones, she is a fan! Recently inside the "Fashion and Licks 2002 show" I added some pix of her dressing like a fan

11-08-02 10:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot What's wrong with "gay" references?

The gay people that I know use the word all the time. I don't think that they find it offensive at all. They also use words like "queen", "fag", and "flaming queen". It's what they are. So what do they have to be offended about? And if it doesn't offend them....why would it offend you?
11-08-02 11:50 PM
Martha ..you forgot Nelly and Mary!
11-08-02 11:52 PM
lin females have it easier that way, you can listen to anything and no-one will accuse you of being gay. though, a few people have said to me they refuse to listen to the stones cause it's gay music.

luv the shakira pics + she's a mick jagger fan so she's cool.
11-09-02 12:08 AM
TomL Dam JB I did not know you were gay? Is that why you did not show up in Fla. I would have given it to you easy. The head only, woops it slipped. it's alright buddy. Buy the way AAA was not a sell out. Cum on to Nashville, I'll make you see Jesus buddy. Member the gipper! I have a freind in Columbus that will make you see the light. You are one simple bastard. Love Is Strong, your so weak, why can't we meet...........................................................................................03, Pittsburgh, Philly, MGS the 18th?
11-09-02 12:14 AM
TomL Martha- If your gay can I be gay with you. If my memory serves me correct in Columbus, you are one fine hot thing. I mean that as a compliment. You are very sexy. Rock On sister.
11-09-02 12:43 AM
MarthaMyDear GERARDO!!! YIP!!! YIP!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I miss talking with GERARDO!!! Love ya', hon., and Jaxx, also!!! I'm behind on email and everything... I'm sorry... I'll email you both soon!!! Anyways, Gerardo... I think Shakira performed Dude Looks Like A Lady... Are you talking about the MTV Icon-thingie not too long ago??? 'Cause that's what she performed there... I didn't like it too much, but obviously Steven did as he looked EXTREMELY happy!!! lol..................... :P I love Shakira... She knows how to get down and Objection (Tango) is great, IMO, and the video rocks... She's cool!!! I'm not gay, but... I wouldn't kick Shakira out of MY bed... lol............ :P Well... Maybe... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Oh, who knows... lol................ :P lol....... :P
11-09-02 01:17 AM
Maxlugar Voodoo man and ss alot are right.

First of all Shakira rocks! She is indeed a good rocker with lots of taste!

Also per SS'y I know lots of blacks who say nigger, blackie, porch monkey, afrikana brontosaurous, spade and velcro head all the time. Who cares about names and lables? Not me! I've been sportin' a Jew-Fro since 1973!! Mo-fo!

I am Maxy!

I love you!
11-09-02 06:57 AM
luxury1 I love how these threads develop and everyone starts coming out. But Max, a Jew-Fro? Ever see that Japanese cartoon Afro Ken?? You would love it.
11-09-02 11:19 AM
sasca Boomhauer, my point was that I think many Stones fans would admit to liking her songs if they were released as Stones songs. If you simply donīt like her music, fine. I donīt need Pepsi commercials to tell me what to like. (Actually, Pepsi commercials arenīt shown out here.) But if she made a Pepsi commercial, fair enough. The Stones had or have their own credit card.
As for the rest, I don't see why anyone should worry about being gay but if you didn't mean it offensively then you didn't mean it offensively.
(I don't give a damn what most homosexuals think. Stupidity is as rife amongst homosexuals as elsewhere.)

Let me end with an entirely unrelated joke. The great Montezemolo is holding a one-night-only performance at the Albert Hall. 'Tonight,' he says, 'I'll perform a very special trick. I'll hypnotise not one person, not ten people, not fifty people but - the entire audience!' Roars of applause.
The Great Montezemolo takes an old watch from his coat and begins to sway it before him. 'This is a watch which has been in my family for generations,' he says, 'thousands of people have been hypnotised by it. I want you to watch it very carefully - you are getting sleepy - sleepy - slee....' Just then the watch slips from his hand a shatters on the floor. 'SHIT!' swears the Great Montezemolo.

It takes six weeks to clean the hall.
11-09-02 11:49 AM
nankerphelge Hey Max, how was the meetin'?

Was Lance as nice in person?

Did he tell you that you were his bitch?

Did you get a dirty Sanchez?

11-09-02 12:58 PM
Martha TomL your flattery will take you far...very far indeed. Thanks for the sweet compliment. At my age I certainly don't mind being referred to as hot...lol! Now what exactly were you drinking the day we met???

Of course we can be gay together..or bi..whatever works! You ain't a bad looker yourself...(wink)! Hope to see you again at another show.

In the meantime...big hugs!

You sure made my day!
11-09-02 01:09 PM
KeepRigid Shakira's a singer?!

VoodooChile, please quit posting those pics.

You hurt Keep.
11-09-02 01:36 PM
gypsy If it hurts Keep, then I can't possibly imagine what it's doing to his lawyer.
Page: 1 2